• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

One Question.

it says on the civ3 site that conquest will let you

"Compete as one of the eight new Civilizations, each with its own powerful leader, unique units and special abilities, and lead your nation to its destiny."

so this says that there will in fact be new civs introduced in Con quest (at this time)

Originally posted by Jeff_ATARI

Well, I don't know about YOU, but I think that would be silly to throw out all the benefits of the first expansion to play the second. If I own Civ, and I own Civ PTW, and I buy Civ Conquests, I can play a game that takes advantage of all three titles.

The only open issue is how much of Civ PTW does a non-PTW-owner who buys Civ Conquests get to take advantage of. For instance, does he or she get the AI improvements from PTW? Yes -- you can't separate that from the core game. But what about the 8 civs (Spain, Arabs, etc.)? The multiplayer modes? The extra tilesets and editor units like the dinosaurs? We'll issue more guidance on that in the coming months.

Best,
Jeff Foley
Atari

One thing that concerns me is the multiplayer compatability between PTW and Conquests. Most of my Civ3 playing (except for GOTM) is PBEM. Will it be possible to play PBEM between the two games (playing the original civs like French, Russians, etc.)? Or do you have to buy PTW and Conquests for multiplayer?

Originally posted by jim_green_1
it says on the civ3 site that conquest will let you

"Compete as one of the eight new Civilizations, each with its own powerful leader, unique units and special abilities, and lead your nation to its destiny."

so this says that there will in fact be new civs introduced in Con quest (at this time)
Those are other eight Civs extra, with a possible total of 32. ;) Although I wonder if that's possible; i.e. play PTW and Conquests at the same time. :crazyeye:

Jeff,

Thanks for your response RE: my AI question.

If my input counts, I'd like to note that pricing won't be that big of an issue for many of us here as long as the product delivers more than just graphic upgrades and a few new units.

The features list in the press release looks really good. Keep us up to date when you can divulge more details and specifics on some of these features. Locked alliances is my #1 most anticipated thing. Don't let me down ;)

Originally posted by dexters
If my input counts, I'd like to note that pricing won't be that big of an issue for many of us here as long as the product delivers more than just graphic upgrades and a few new units.

Well, I finally got a chance to fool around with the beta build myself. Time to double the price to $60! :lol:
--Jeff

OMG!!! :eek:
Don't say that!!!!!!
Don't include us there!!!
Price is always an issue Jeff, pretend you've never read that. :D

Anyway, it's always nice to know new stuff from C3C.
And it's even better that Atari's policy regarding fans changed a lot!!

If you don't mind me asking, will Brazil get C3C at the same time as the US. Since we don't get a localized version, that would be pretty nice.

If you own PTW, the PTW-specific features carry over to Conquests. :confused:
What I mean is: a lot of features of PTW are a necessity for a new expansion. Only the eight new Civs of PTW can be left out in Conquests, in my point of view.

But, will it be possible to play Conquests with a civilization of PTW (or use other features PTW has, but Conquests won't have)? I'm interested how Firaxis/Atari is going to solve this matter. ;) ;) ;)

So if PTW features will be carried on to conquest then NOBDY will buy PTW

That's why I hope this isn't true

I plan to get PTW soon, so please don't make me waste my $$$

Originally posted by Matrix

What I mean is: a lot of features of PTW are a necessity for a new expansion. Only the eight new Civs of PTW can be left out in Conquests, in my point of view.

Actually the MDI, Guerilla, Internet, Commercial Dock, etc aren't *necessary* to the game and wouldn't necessarily have to transfer over to C3C. They could decide to leave the "extra" PTW units and structures available only fo those with PTW and add more things to C3C. This way if you own both you get it all and if you don't, well you don't. ;)

But, will it be possible to play Conquests with a civilization of PTW (or use other features PTW has, but Conquests won't have)? I'm interested how Firaxis/Atari is going to solve this matter. ;) ;) ;)

Well if it did this then no one would need to buy PTW and I don't see Atari doing that since they want to make as much money as possible.

How do they solve this? Simple, if you don't have whichever X-Pack the unit/building/wonder was released in you don't get access to it, period. Same would obviously go for the Civilizations as well, if you only have one expansion or the other you don't get the whole slew of groups you could use.

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
That's why I hope this isn't true

I plan to get PTW soon, so please don't make me waste my $$$

Not all of the PTW features will be carried over. Jeff made clear the 8 PTW civs won't be included and the other features are still being mulled over as to what will be included.

Not all of the PTW features will be carried over. Jeff made clear the 8 PTW civs won't be included and the other features are still being mulled over as to what will be included.

Ahhh, and see? It already becomes dangerous. Point to the post where I made clear that no PTW civs would be included. Nuh-uh. Hasn't been announced one way or the other. All we've said is
1) You won't need to own PTW to install Civ Conquests
2) By installing Civ Conquests you may inherit some features introduced by PTW. What that "some" is depends on a lot of factors.

We're still working on this decision, folks, and nothing's been announced. You'll know it when you see it.

Best,
Jeff the Insomniac
Atari

Originally posted by Pggar

OMG!!! :eek:
Don't say that!!!!!!
Don't include us there!!!
Price is always an issue Jeff, pretend you've never read that. :D

Anyway, it's always nice to know new stuff from C3C.
And it's even better that Atari's policy regarding fans changed a lot!!

If you don't mind me asking, will Brazil get C3C at the same time as the US. Since we don't get a localized version, that would be pretty nice.

re: price -- okay, it'll be $60 USD, but only 80 Brazilian Reals. :)

re: distribution around the world -- we'll do our best. If all goes well (keep it up, beta testers!) there won't be a rush to finish the game, duplicate the gold, and get it to all of our distributors.

--Jeff

Ahhh, and see? It already becomes dangerous. Point to the post where I made clear that no PTW civs would be included. Nuh-uh. Hasn't been announced one way or the other. All we've said is
1) You won't need to own PTW to install Civ Conquests
2) By installing Civ Conquests you may inherit some features introduced by PTW. What that "some" is depends on a lot of factors.

We're still working on this decision, folks, and nothing's been announced. You'll know it when you see it.

Best,
Jeff the Insomniac
Atari

The question is if you have both expansions installed can you play with ALL the civs form Civ3, PtW and Conquests at the same time???

Ahhh, and see? It already becomes dangerous. Point to the post where I made clear that no PTW civs would be included.

My bad. I rechecked your post and you didn't say it. :)

Sorry if I misled anybody.

IMO, it would be nice if some things stayed PTW specific so that those of us who bought it wouldn't feel like we could have just waiting a bit longer and got conquests.

In my case, I got PTW about 2 months ago.

Originally posted by Ozymandous

They could decide to leave the "extra" PTW units and structures available only fo those with PTW and add more things to C3C.

About the "Extras". It was made clear that Conquests will be focusing on scenarios, thus providing new stuff (civs, leaderhaeds, units as well as editor improvements...) that will contribute to these scenarios (mostly).

We don't know the scenarios yet but we can guess :
- WWII (I am ready to bet on it)
- Probably medieval Japan (won't bet but likely).

Theses scenarios would need the extra packs so what will they do ? The extras really looked like they were ready but the scenarios / the editor to use them were not ready so PTW shipped with the first but without the second (that they should have been used for). Easy cherry at the time, but likely to be in Conquests too. I don't think they will have a WWII scenario without these units.

Top Bottom