Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing as the Scions

Unable to build cotteges on plains that has had haunted lands spread to it, assuming because it no longer produces any "food", was quite annoying as those tiles became useless (or rather, less useful)

Did anyone build the Emporer's dagger with the Risen Emperor? I have level 6 Martyrs, but was unable to upgrDe them despite having poison and Imperial Cenotaph.

Help will be appreciated

Did anyone build the Emporer's dagger with the Risen Emperor? I have level 6 Martyrs, but was unable to upgrDe them despite having poison and Imperial Cenotaph.

Help will be appreciated

No I cant either ( see last post on previous page). I'm still wondering if its because the promotion is attached to Assassin & not Martyr.

Regards

Not necessarily a bug but more of a comment on what the AI is (or apparently not) thinking about when it chooses to attack.

So here I am playing Hyborem and I'm building the Tower of Mastery so everyone attacks me. This is late in the game yet for the most part the Illians only attack me with individual canons picking off the occasional worker that I forgot I had improving things automatically.

The Calibim, OTOH, get this big stack and move it right toward the old capital of the Kuriotates. Sure it's a big prize but it also has most a good chunk of my army to include Hyborem himself. Yet within striking distance of his army are two new cities I had build that, at most, had a few longbowmen , some skeletons and maybe a pikeman unit. I had sort of felt those cities would be lucky to hold out for more than a turn and I figured it was better to keep them weak to sucker the AI in to attacking them since they'd loose some good troops in the process. Nope, the AI moves almost all of his best units right into the maw of the army I wiped the Kuriotates out with!

Then there is the Amurites. We share a border with some of our biggest cities being about 4-5 tiles away from each other. For the longest time, they were the highest score Civ in the game (them being my Civ prior to creating Hyborem) and I expected that with the bulk of my late game units in other areas that I was going to have a messy few turns as the hordes of Amurites come across the border. It never happened! About the only thing they do is send individual Griffin-riders to attack skeletons guarding mana nodes! They don't even raze them! So it's easy for me to kill these units. About the only other thing we do is we have an area that has a Amurite city in tile A, a Amurite castle in tile B, a Infernal castle in tile C and one of my cities in tile D and all the Amurites do is attack my castle but never in force so I easily wipe out the unit(s) he uses. Often these are those heave duty sparticoli (sp) units.

I mean it doesn't make sense! The Calibim also sent one army against me, but instead of going after a city I had since about turn 100 that was relatively weak, he marched overland toward a much newer city that was farther away and thus allowed me to wipe them out as he inched toward me. The older city of mine was only 3 tiles away from the border as opposed to the 8 tiles of the city the AI felt was more important.

Any ideas why the AI is acting so timid and blatantly stupid?

Perhaps it's because Emperor's daggers are replacement of Shadows, and they can't get shadows because they can't research Deception?

If that is not the case, then it probably is that thing... but the thing is that even a level 6 (whatever replacement Scions have with hunter) can't get Emperor's dagger too!

Patch d is looking awfully good. Is it still going to make an appearance today?

Finally did it.

Posted as a stand-alone install again. Sorry for that, but I hope the bigger size is not a big problem.
You can get it here Changelog in the first post of this thread.

I hope I fixed most of the problems posted recently. Have fun :) !

Finally did it.

I'm glad to see you changed the quinquereme speed since the info I used in my Civlopedia entry was mostly taken directly from the Wikipedia entry with the Greek historian Polybius becoming the Lanun admiral Polybian. :lol:

Now back to win my game as Infernals for the trophy so I can start a new game! Yay! with the graphics fixed I can play Mechanos and the Scions again! :goodjob:

Yay! Now I can finally dig out my daggers to kill that pesky sorcerer...

Downloaded, gonna install and give it a whirl.

Found a bug. My scout was locked in a cage and was able to free himself.

There is a problem with luchuirup palace, the attached file should help.
Just unpack it to Orbis folder, replacing CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml

Update: added fix for pastoral improvements (yurt, aul, aduar) upgrade.
Update 2: fixed minor to aggressive trait gain.

Attachments

• Luchuirp Palace fix.zip
    56.6 KB · Views: 319
Playing as Scions, if I try to enter world builder after turn 1, the game CTDs

EDIT:
Was able to reproduce it w/ other civs. Steps to reproduce:
Start a game as any civ on a huge map. Other options don't seem to make a difference. large map might also work.
On turn 1, open world builder, change add or remove a forest-type tile (including haunted lands)
Goto next turn
Open world builder -- CTD

System info:
6gb ram, quad core intel, vista x64, gtx 295

EDIT:
Ok, might not be that simple. Started a new game, opened WB, took a look around, changing Nothing, left WB, moved my settler 2 tiles, and founded a city. next turn, opened WB so I could tweak a few things, and it CTDd

My Velites are still getting 2XP per ranged attack on a wounded target, I haven't had time to check with anything else.

Playing as Scions, if I try to enter world builder after turn 1, the game CTDs

Ranged attack above was set up using Scions & WB; no CTD.

One oddity; Time between Turns was about 10 seconds right from the start, with game settings that in 0.22c I would expect to be about 3 secs ?

EDIT - my post at the same time as kmdavis edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom