• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
.24i, playing Illians for the first time.

Only Great Bards can be added to cities.

I intended to settle a square, but it says "Must be level 15 to enter". -It's a hill with ice and nothing else in it.

Farms don't spread irrigation after Construction. Or at least I can't build a new farm (on ice) which is next to an irrigated one but not next to fresh water.

After that last, I'm quitting. I'll try again when it looks like you have a working version.

what's going on ? lots of bugs that didn't exist in previous patch and those bugs aren't connected with new features... it's unusual :>

Only Great Bards can be added to cities.
I fixed this one, check previous page.

I intended to settle a square, but it says "Must be level 15 to enter". -It's a hill with ice and nothing else in it.
The Ring of Carcer must have some troubles...

Farms don't spread irrigation after Construction. Or at least I can't build a new farm (on ice) which is next to an irrigated one but not next to fresh water.
Save?

After that last, I'm quitting. I'll try again when it looks like you have a working version.
Well, thanks for your support.

what's going on ? lots of bugs that didn't exist in previous patch and those bugs aren't connected with new features... it's unusual :>
It may be connected to changes in the Editor, like the Great People bug.

Orbis 24i- 10 AI vs 2 player, playing multiplayer hot seat, illians and shaim (SP?:rolleyes:); The Shaim tower that grants the unholy trait is not granting it to units produced in the city. Or am I missing some other tech/religion to have it granted?

Also- perhaps its just perception- but turns seem to take significantly longer to resolve after the last player once you click the 'end of turn' button. I had thought it was scions, but removed them and started a new game after a continous ctd at turn 117.

After weeks and weeks of not being able to get FfH to load properly into my steamapps, I finally got it to work and thus tried out Orbis after a long time away.

I noticed that I'm having a problem I've had before but don't remember if it ever got fixed and that is my cottage improvements aren't showing up after I build them. There just isn't any art. That and I noticed that FfH/FF/Orbis tendency to crash if you load from in-game saves more than twice is still going hot and heavy. :(

There is no cottage art.

Apparently.

I didn't see anything about this in the patch notes, so I'm assuming it's a bug;
Fort Commanders aren't gaining XP anymore

Also, I can confirm that cottages, villages, and towns(as built by scions and amurites at least) don't appear anymore, though the new ones of all 3 types built by the Ljosfar do.

I think Commanders not getting XP is a feature; since they did so to be able to extend their influence and can do without it now.

About cottages, I guess it's a LSystem bug. Unfortunately, I know nothing about these.

About the MP bug, I'll try to look at it :)

Hmm deja vu moment, my second game in a row has encountered a critical CTD error in the critical stages of a Hippus invasion, after turn 250 and before 300. Like before, I tried loading an earlier autosave and playing up to this point, but it seems to make no difference. I'm a little scared to start a new game now considering it's twice now I've seen my (ahem) brilliant strategic maneuvering all come to nothing when my games have been rendered unplayable, hoping someone can poke around and see if they can figure out what's going on here.

Check the previous page for my earlier bug report. Also, this is on .24h, no other mods loaded...

Attachments

• Wynte Turn_0297a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
I've found another bug dealing with the Fort Commanders. If a worker builds a new improvement on top of a fort/castle/the-other-one or a unit pillages the fort down to nothing, the commander will remain and won't despawn.

The strange part is that the AI seems to have figured this out, so it would go around and build forts, spawn a commander, then replace the fort with something else, so their land would be littered with commanders guarding towns and plantations.

Here's the code I used for the 'CheckFort' call back for Fort Commanders...

Code:
def checkFort(pCaster):
	pPlot = pCaster.plot()
	iPlayer = pPlot.getOwner()
	if iPlayer == -1:
		pCaster.kill(True, PlayerTypes.NO_PLAYER)
	if iPlayer != -1:
		if pPlot.getImprovementType() == -1:
			pCaster.kill(True, PlayerTypes.NO_PLAYER)

Checks if the plot is owned; If not, kills the commander. Then checks if the plot contains an improvement; If not, kills the commander.

Allows the commander to be used on those rare improvements that are claimable but aren't forts, and does not require you to list all valid improvements as you did previously.

Allows the commander to be used on those rare improvements that are claimable but aren't forts, and does not require you to list all valid improvements as you did previously.

Then I'd imagine, not knowing a whole lot about the coding yet, that the new culture control on all villages, yurts, and other improvements are making those rare improvements not-so-rare.

Also, another thing I'm not sure is a bug or not, the Scion unit the Blighter(druid replacement) is still has a cargo space and can carry creepers.

Also, The crown of akharian promotion appears as a big pink box in the mouseover tooltip of a unit, though not in the static area. I have a screenshot somewhere around here...

Aha! screenshot! This incarnation of Korina ended up being the only unit I attacked with towards the middle of the game. with 5 move points from artifacts and promos, and reduced move points spent moving, she could attack like 8-10 times per turn, with an effective strength of 40. Coupled with brigit's fire spell, they were a steamroller across the whole continent.

Anyway, note the pink square where the crown should be.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004-1.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004-1.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 90
Ok, I am still on holidays, but as I got Internet connection (arrived at Praha at last - and I have nothing to do with soccer hoolingans, honest), decided to write...
Ah, found a more elegant way to do it, by using =COUNT(x,y) just above the list and using the result to see if we need to loop through it.
(mostly writing this for Ahwaric ;))
Thanks, but I have used another way. Both both are fine.
.24i, playing Illians for the first time.
Ring of Carcer must have been removed somehow. No idea for now.
In my crusade to get rid of as much python as possible for performance, I had to remove one of ways of allowing improvements. It affects Illins ability to build farms on snow - only freshwater ones can do it. I am thinking how to change it.
Yeah, really serious, game breaking bugs.
Well, if you do not want to use Orbis, no one is forcing you to.
We do it in our spare tame, as all modders do. You got it for free, right? All we ask is to test it as we can't find all bugs ourselves, and be patient.
Or you can just play standard civ or go and buy another game. And be content with it or complain to the company.
And Kalina, regarding unusual bugs - I might name a few such situations from base FfH. It happens. Bugs happen. And current bugs are related to changes. Some might not be visible in feature list, but I have introduced deep code changes. And whenever code is changed, bugs appear.
It might be just my opinion, but I think Orbis is playable. And I will not fix bugs from here - it will probably take another week. For now, use Opera's fix for great people.
Is there some sort of new Orbis cottage art bug? Did Ahwaric decide that rural life isn't worth denoting graphically? :eek:
What? I need realy check it, thanks for the info.
Also, please let me know what civs are causing trouble. Every set is handled separately.
Orbis 24i- 10 AI vs 2 player, playing multiplayer hot seat, illians and shaim (SP?:rolleyes:); The Shaim tower that grants the unholy trait is not granting it to units produced in the city. Or am I missing some other tech/religion to have it granted?
Will look into it. You mean the promotion that adepts (and I think only adepts) get from Obesrvatory of Ceridven, right?
You need to be precise - name of building, name of promotion, what unit has troubles. It all will speed up fixes
Also- perhaps its just perception- but turns seem to take significantly longer to resolve after the last player once you click the 'end of turn' button. I had thought it was scions, but removed them and started a new game after a continous ctd at turn 117.
Isn't that the time of AI turns? If so, that is normal, they have to move too.
I think Commanders not getting XP is a feature; since they did so to be able to extend their influence and can do without it now.
I think I might broken it :blush: Will take a look when I can
I've found another bug dealing with the Fort Commanders. If a worker builds a new improvement on top of a fort/castle/the-other-one or a unit pillages the fort down to nothing, the commander will remain and won't despawn.
Here's the code I used for the 'CheckFort' call back for Fort Commanders...
The problem is I removed the promotion that runs the check every turn (and forgot about it...). I will have to add pythonperturn tag for units, too
Also, another thing I'm not sure is a bug or not, the Scion unit the Blighter(druid replacement) is still has a cargo space and can carry creepers.
Also, The crown of akharian promotion appears as a big pink box in the mouseover tooltip of a unit, though not in the static area. I have a screenshot somewhere around here...
Thanks. Blighter fixed (next patch of course), will loook into crown.

Played a multiplayer game with my friend who had a CTD after he ended his turn. I saved, loaded and started the game again and he crashed again. Tried to play instead of him on his civilization without any other players and then I crashed. If its just me playing as my original civ (the elves) then the game continues to run as normal.

Problem civilization: Khazad

Save game attached

(Note)
Only two modifications were done, one was the great people fix and the second was range xp percentage was changed to -1.

Also the game runs much faster. Tried with Barbarian World which before ended up as a crawl, ran quick quickly. So the python changes seemed to have worked at least :)

Attachments

• Arendel Phaedra Turn_0023.CivBeyondSwordSave
    137.5 KB · Views: 53
Also, please let me know what civs are causing trouble. Every set is handled separately.

Hmmm, I can't say for certain but my most recent game was playing Maer. Most of the times when I've played Orbis (again I've been unable to play for a long time) I tend to play either Mechanos or Scion. So maybe it's just a Mechanos problem.

Problem civilization: Khazad
Save game attached
(Note)
Only two modifications were done, one was the great people fix and the second was range xp percentage was changed to -1.
Your changes are fine. Will check the save when I can.
Also the game runs much faster. Tried with Barbarian World which before ended up as a crawl, ran quick quickly. So the python changes seemed to have worked at least :)
Great! I hope others experienced it as well.
Most of the changes are actually in dll, I mostly used DEL key in python
Hmmm, I can't say for certain but my most recent game was playing Maer. Most of the times when I've played Orbis (again I've been unable to play for a long time) I tend to play either Mechanos or Scion. So maybe it's just a Mechanos problem.
Ok, found the bug. Art reference for mechanos cottages/towns were not updated - fixed
Let me know if any other civ has that problem.

Also, I noticed Kael released patch H. (I knew it will be out when I am away).
I want and will update to it as soon as I can.
But even if I post anything before next sunday, I am sure the patch/quickfix will not contain the AI changes. It is a big one and I have not the time here (and I still need the source files - I hope Kael releases these in the next few days).

I just tested every civ and the only ones experiencing the bug are the Mazatl, Mechanos, and Scions.

Also, I encountered the bug reported by someone else of a tile that requires level 15 to enter but isn't the ring. Said tile was a barbarian city, that was directly next to the ring. Is it possible that the city spawned and pushed the ring aside making both require 15?

In the screenshot my mouse is over the town so you can see the level req for entering in the tooltip, and right next to said town is the ring, which also requires level 15.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0008.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom