Orthanc's Creation Thread

Okay, just wanting to know if you were going to change anything.
The new model looks great! And familiar!
Yeah, I felt just about everything in the movies was perfectly matched with the descriptions, or at least my interpretations of the descriptions, in the book, with a few minor exceptions. I promise I will at least make a cool digital tshirt to put as maybe my avatar. But first you need to make it a space unit as well...:):):)

hey I was wondering about something since I watched MGS4 cutscene and all(I dont have a ps3 and I aint buying it since I got new comp nearly ready)
and in mgs 4 theres another type of arsenal gear this time its caled Heaven :D textures are the same it just has REXs rail gun instaled on it yes Liquid upgraded it
anyway main weapons of Heaven seemed to be Ray since in one scene it jumped on a battleship I wonder how long it would last if Snake didnt save the day

Ugh, stupid mouse closed the window and I had to retype this (that issue isn't, for once, Vista's fault)

I don't plan on getting a PS3 for a while for pretty much the same reason, so I too watched the cutscenes from MGS4 on Youtube.
Outer Haven is just an alternate design of Arsenal, probably one of the rejected concept designs for Arsenal that Liquid Ocelot got a hold of and used his uber-income (as the secret leader of the largest PMCs) to get it built.
In combat it'd be just like Arsenal really. You can take the rail gun out of ship-to-ship equations, you'd only use it against entire fleets, since it launches nukes, and they'd have to be at quite a distance.
The thing seemed to dwarf the WW2 Battleship that Snake had, so that means it'd be pretty much the largest warship ever. Sheer size means it'd last longer, especially since I'm betting its got some very tough armour, considering the precious cargo it was built to protect (the AI called GW).
Being submersible is always an advantage, especially since it can launch it's main defenders (Rays) while submerged. That pretty much obsoletes aircraft carriers right there. It's got it's own missiles as well, though it's shown to have to surface to use those (that's actually just silly design-wise, we're perfectly capable of launching missiles while submerged).
It must have torpedoes too, really it would have used them in that fight at the end of MGS4. Outer Haven couldn't move to face the Battleship since it had to stay in position to fire the rail gun, but I'm fairly sure that modern torpedoes can be fired at a target that isn't within the intial firing arc of the torpedo launchers (see The Hunt for Red October, those torpedoes went all over the place! I realize it's a movie and so not necessarily fact, but it still makes sense to me).
In summary, it was clear that Outer Haven had the Battleship totally tanked. Though it was still awesome when a Ray got hit by one of the main turrets at point-blank range:D

The thing seemed to dwarf the WW2 Battleship that Snake had, so that means it'd be pretty much the largest warship ever.

.....In summary, it was clear that Outer Haven had the Battleship totally tanked.

Wait, so you are saying the WW2 Battleship had Snake on it? .. then poor Outer Haven never stood a chance.. :D

Little corection the new arsenal was called Heaven. Outer Heaven was Big bosses Country or base not sure right now in realy first metal gear game.

Anyway I would like to have another monsterous submarine capable of carring Rays. One of the attacks could be rays jumping out of the water :crazyeye: and use Rex rail gun to bombard everything in long range.
Btw since you made Rex already how about cutting its rail gun and ading him those Kung fu kicks:lol:

Sorry HunterAnubis, the giant ship in MGS4 is definately HAVEN not HEAVEN, yes Big Boss' country is called Outer HEAVEN, but Liquid Ocelot's ship is called HAVEN, particularly because it serves as a literal 'haven' away from the control of The Patriots (or at least that's what they said it was for).

Anyways, Arsenal Gear is finally done! If there was a curse, it is now broken (never believed in those things anyways), the unit is out. Standby for the spacey version, so that I can say been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

Enter the world of plot twisting nautical goodness here:
Arsenal Gear Thread

Actually Stormy it was you that made that request and sent me reference pics via PM some months ago:
Spoiler :

There were two other ships, kinda forget which of the three you wanted most.

Oh darn.. well the one in the post above is the most.. well, common. Plenty of ships similar to it.

But the mutated hull of a Chaos Long Ship, or the sleek lines of a Dark Elven Warship? Now there is a hard choice.. Do a random number choice, I can`t decide! :cry:

Alrighty, the space version of Arsenal Gear is done and out!

As for which boat to do for Stormy, I think I'll go with the Dark Elf warship (that's this one right?):
Spoiler :

Might be because it looks like the Batmobile.

But for now, work shall commence on the Meso-American Trireme, which will be followed immediately by a Galleass. Names...

FYI, I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out this thursday, so I'll be drugged/mostly unconcious for a few days, but I still hope to get the Trireme and maybe (big MAYBE) the Galleass done before August is out.

As I said in the other thread: thanks so much for honoring my request. Hope the mouth surgery comes out right. Nothing like drilling around your highly sensitive teeth.:)

You're welcome!

For the surgery, first they said they'll be giving me some good ol' nitrous oxide, which'll make me too giddy to care when they put some needles in that'll almost knock me out, by the sounds of it I won't feel much, if anything, until well after the operation when the drugs wear off, at which time I will have my Mom around to take care of my needs. w00t.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled many years ago hope things go smoothly for you.

My dentist informed me that there is no need to remove my wisdom teeth :smug:. He says he feels guilty telling a patient they need their wisdom teeth removed, as he still has his also. Good luck with your operation :goodjob:.

Before I go off tomorrow, thought I'd put up what I put together for the Meso-American Trireme, which I've decided to call the Camaxtli (think it was the Aztec god of war or something like that). Got a pretty good idea where this going from here. The bow is by no ways done, but the rammer is. That big green hollow cylinder is going to be the eyes. Expect to see more skulls and step-pyramids as always!:

Looking forward to these, your ships are always brilliant. As far as the names go - the Aztec God Tlaloc was God of water, and he was able to send thunder and lightning on people if displeased (the way to please him apparently was with child sacrifice). Tezcatlipoca* was associated with hurricanes, and would make a good alternative. Ehecatl-Quetzalcoatl or just Ehecatl is God of Wind, and would have an obvious affinity to ships, although that one might be better to save for the Galleas that follows.

Camaxtli seems to have been more of a hunting God, so not so appropriate for a galley IMHO. If you're after something difficult to pronounce (I know I am) then Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli is the God of Venus, and is (according to wiki) considered a most dangerous and malevolent God.

Apparently his name means Smoking Mirror in Aztec, I'd guess that's where the old civfanatic member Smoking Mirror got his name.

"Hurakan" could make a nice name if you'd like to go easier on the tongue. ;) Hurakan was the Maya god of storms and the name "Hurricane" derives from his name.

My dentist informed me that there is no need to remove my wisdom teeth :smug:. He says he feels guilty telling a patient they need their wisdom teeth removed, as he still has his also. Good luck with your operation :goodjob:.
That is true, however mine were impacted necessitating removal. Hopefully his dentist has determined the need to remove or not remove.
I like the start of the new ship cannot wait to monitor the progress.

Top Bottom