Other civs ignore borders?

SlayerofDeitys

Chieftain
Has anyone else had a problem with other countries ships ignoring your borders? I had closed borders and was not at war with the Aztecs however they were able to move their ships through my borders with a galleon whenever they felt like. I could not enter his borders without declaring war however. I am wondering if this is a rare occurrence or if others have had this problem before as well.

Caravels ignore borders. You can do it too. You were probably using a galley or another unit that respects borders.

Edit: just noticed that you said "galleon". Maybe they have that benefit, too. My guess is that the reason for this is to allow these units to explore the world and make trades (with merchants) and spread religion to civs that are on the other side of you.

It must have been a caravel and not a galleon. Galleons can carry military units and settlers so they could not enter your territory. Caravels can't carry military units and settlers so they can.

That could be. I thought it was a galleon but I could very well have been mistaken. I will have to pay more attention next time but what you said makes sense.

galleons also have this ability.
i am in the middle of a war against loius on a
forgeign continent, and galleons are the method
i use to transport my troops over there and raze
his cities. frigates also appear to have this
ability, as he has begun fielding them against me
recently.

SupertoneD said:
recently.

But you can always ignore borders in war. Or did I misunderstand you?

SupertoneD said:
recently.

Please pay attention.

Any unit can enter the borders of a country it's at war with. Duh. They were talking about peacefully entering the borders of a nation you're at peace with, but don't have open borders.

CitizenCain said:
Please pay attention.

Any unit can enter the borders of a country it's at war with. Duh. They were talking about peacefully entering the borders of a nation you're at peace with, but don't have open borders.

Ferocious.......

Caravels can because they're of no real threat. They cannot transport military units or settlers.

Note also that submarines can ignore borders, and they can also transport the same sorts of units as caravels.

Pyrion said:
Note also that submarines can ignore borders, and they can also transport the same sorts of units as caravels.

I now have a mental image of a nuclear powered Caravel with enormous ICBM launchers mounted amidships... :D

Blazer6 said:
Can units piggyback onto border ignoring ones to pass the border?

Considering they made it so that certain vessels can't even carry military units PERIOD, I'd guess not.

Top Bottom