Oval 6 player FFA

Onan

Dad
Small oval map, low sea level, 8 CS, huts and barbs on, standard speed.

We didn't want any more frigates dominating the map after the last game demonstrated their crazy OPness. :nuke:s are banned again.

Even with low sea level, the map is tight for most. Seems to be cramped through the middle (north to south), with some extra room at the east/west ends.

Onan - France
Tabarnak - Greece
Islandia - Egypt
Brenador - Ottomans
EEE_boy - India
zalta - Rome

There seems to have been an early war (ongoing?) over city sites between Egypt and the Ottomans. France and Rome each tried to claim Cerro de Potosi as their own, with Antium being settled first, but too far to claim the land immediately (or without great / unaffordable expense). French settlers built Orleans on the flanks of the Sparkling Mountain and commenced exploiting its wealth. Unfortunately, Napoleon has more greed than sense, and has thus far spent the gold on land land more land (to secure luxuries first)!

My empire setup seems strange...my play seems far less than optimal...happiness not keeping up with cities. Is it possible to be cultured and backward at the same time? The French people are pleased we have other peoples on only two sides (at the moment) instead of all around, but the barbarians plague us, continually emerging from the wastes to harrass our people.

-----

Given that zalta can't play tomorrow, I can't play the two days after that, and Brenador can't play till Friday local time...shall we shoot for next Friday (6 days away)? If by chance, Brenador, you're able to play Wednesday (Tues PST), let us know--there seemed to be a consensus that day would work for everyone else.

Nice to have another game rolling :goodjob:, even if watching Tab's video of his early turns leaves me feeling inadequate. :( See you all soon.

The early days of the Indians were quite lonely, living quietly at one end of the world. The initial choice made by Ghandi was going Liberty, however after the social policy was chosen, the world stopped running with multiple leaders disconnected. When the new connection was established, the social policy choice was negated. So Ghandi paused a few seconds, then he decided to go Honour (again???). Yeah, with the unique building of India, the free defensive buildings are great sources of happiness for the Indians to breed. Plus the Indians were peaceful people, so they got discounted happiness from growing. The expansion of Indian empire was painfully slow, without the help from settler training discount. However, the slow motion was not necessary a bad thing: the Indian had more time to hook up luxury resources. At the end of the session, the Indian empire had grown to 4 cities in total while still staying in happy. The immediate danger might be coming from Greek people, whose leader Alexander was known for sneak attack and nasty warmongering behaviours. Peaceful Ghandi was forced to build military units to prepare for the surging military power of the mighty Greece. Meanwhile, Ghandi hereby formally declared his foreign policy to be friendly with the Roman people, because a powerful Roman Empire was essential to maintain continental power balance and to the best interest of India.

Small oval map, low sea level, 8 CS, huts and barbs on, standard speed.

We didn't want any more frigates dominating the map after the last game demonstrated their crazy OPness. :nuke:s are banned again.

Even with low sea level, the map is tight for most. Seems to be cramped through the middle (north to south), with some extra room at the east/west ends.

Onan - France
Tabarnak - Greece
Islandia - Egypt
Brenador - Ottomans
EEE_boy - India
zalta - Rome

There seems to have been an early war (ongoing?) over city sites between Egypt and the Ottomans. France and Rome each tried to claim Cerro de Potosi as their own, with Antium being settled first, but too far to claim the land immediately (or without great / unaffordable expense). French settlers built Orleans on the flanks of the Sparkling Mountain and commenced exploiting its wealth. Unfortunately, Napoleon has more greed than sense, and has thus far spent the gold on land land more land (to secure luxuries first)!

My empire setup seems strange...my play seems far less than optimal...happiness not keeping up with cities. Is it possible to be cultured and backward at the same time? The French people are pleased we have other peoples on only two sides (at the moment) instead of all around, but the barbarians plague us, continually emerging from the wastes to harrass our people.

-----

Given that zalta can't play tomorrow, I can't play the two days after that, and Brenador can't play till Friday local time...shall we shoot for next Friday (6 days away)? If by chance, Brenador, you're able to play Wednesday (Tues PST), let us know--there seemed to be a consensus that day would work for everyone else.

Nice to have another game rolling :goodjob:, even if watching Tab's video of his early turns leaves me feeling inadequate. :( See you all soon.

I can do your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, and possibly Friday. Your next Saturday, Sunday and Monday I will have spotty internet since I will be on the road.

The Egyptians settled the fertile flood plains of the النيل , and intrepid Egyptian scouts declared it to be the longest river in the world. To their consternation, they soon discovered that their city of قرطاج was built across a small mountain range from a militaristic yet civilized group of Romans. Though they argued quite often amongst themselves and had strange concepts regarding how dictators should run their civilizations with the help of a "Senate", their leader Caesar was greatly admired by the Egyptian Queen and hence were allowed to settle the fertile river bed on the Egyptian side of the mountains without complaint.

Soon, the Egyptian scouts discovered a French group of settlers about to build near a mighty source of gold, but the generals were feeling generous that day and decided to let them live rather than enslave them to build the national projects for the glory of the Queen. However, that was not to be the end for as the Egyptians set out to settle the city of القاهرة , they discovered the Ottomans lurking nearby ready to claim the النيل river as their own. The Egyptian spearmen could not allow this to happen so they immediately seized the settlers and forced them to start work on the Great Library of الإسكندرية

With the help of this slave labor, the Egyptians continued to prosper before meeting the Greeks who possessed half the eastern known world. The Egyptians were wary of the mercurial moods of the Greek leader Alexander and decided not to treat with them until further relations were established. They also discovered a secret passage to the Indian homeland to the far east blocked by a city planted on a hill where the Indian leaders were planning defensively against the future Greek threat.

With all the uncertainty surrounding the Egyptian empire, all they could do was hope for the best, but prepare for the worst by building mighty War Chariots.

Why i always look like the bad guy :cry:

I'm not Darius :lol:

I can do your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, and possibly Friday. Your next Saturday, Sunday and Monday I will have spotty internet since I will be on the road.

Hmmn, well, hopefully Friday / Thursday PST will work for you, because I'm pretty sure Brenador has said he can only consistently play Friday -> Sunday. So that'd be the only day of overlap for over a week. When will you know? :cool:

I thought Brenador could only do Friday -> Sunday our time which is Saturday -> Monday your time - I'm hoping he can play tonight yes?

Just spoke to Brenador he said he can play until 12:30 tomorrow night - our Monday (that should be your Tuesday). Let me know if that works out for everyone!

I will be here in 10 hours(Monday 2am) if everyone can play.

I will be here in 10 hours(Monday 2am) if everyone can play.

Wait, not 10 hours later, I think he meant 34 hours later.

Anyway, I can play any day

Edit: I don't think we can make it until Fri. Onan can't play today and tomorrow according to the first post

Edit: I don't think we can make it until Fri. Onan can't play today and tomorrow according to the first post

What he said. I have commitments on Mondays and Tuesday nights.

From the other thread, posted by Brenador when we were setting this up:

I could still play on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays my time, but I do not know if I could commit to regularly playing on a school night.

-----

We are a day ahead of PST here in Auckland (and for the others it has already rolled past midnight over to the same 'day' at our usual start time), so these days are Friday, Sat, and Sunday for most of us. :crazyeye:

Are we good for Friday (Thurs PST)?

I can play on Friday

Thursday our time actually.

In last series, we have agreed on quoting time based on Onan's time zone to avoid confusion, unless it specifically states PST. That makes my life easy :p especially if we are quoting 3 different time zones here.

Top Bottom