Oval 6 player FFA

We can also run hot seat games, but a lot of them. Like 5-6 of them simultaneously. It's easy to play all turns in one session(have to reload civ5 each time though).

It's an option. But I think hotseat game offers different taste as the game goes on. In hotseat game, my game play is well thought and optimized for every detail. In synchronous game, I have to make quick decisions, which may be less optimal but still fun to be able to regret and learn from mistakes.

Count me in for an OCC either hotseat or live. Who needs sleep? The no military units seems like too much of an artificial constraint. I don't really mind wars as long as they serve a purpose.

Count me in for an OCC either hotseat or live. Who needs sleep? The no military units seems like too much of an artificial constraint. I don't really mind wars as long as they serve a purpose.

Lol, the point is without the 'no unit' constraints to induce game style variant, there will be no game hosted until the expansion is out. :rolleyes: This 'too much artificial constraint' forces everyone think out of the current box, otherwise as Onan said the game will become boring. BTW, in last game you have demonstrated your ability to tech up quicker than anyone else, so maybe you can pursue a quick science victory while I grab a cultural victory with less worry about war threat

I demonstrated my ability to be attacked from multiple players as I teched :p I'll play anything, but I think that players should be more aware of the political situation before randomly attacking. People stuck in the middle should probably not be attacking each other and allowing the borderlands people to build up armies.

I think it might be interesting to try a 6 player OCC, legendary start no hanging gardens? There's a pretty hard limit on how fast you can build military units with one city and send them to the right spot to attack other people.

I think it might be interesting to try a 6 player OCC, legendary start no hanging gardens? There's a pretty hard limit on how fast you can build military units with one city and send them to the right spot to attack other people.

I haven't played OCC in MP, eager to try one. What victory condition is possible? Perhaps science? Clearly not diplomatic, which requires large chunk of land to tradepost.

If you can win a diplomatic victory with people, you are The Man.

In OCC you can win by domination, science, maybe even culture...but anyone putting production into things other than military still has to fear others, which is as it should be I suppose. But with 6 players, sending your military away to take on another civ can leave you open to attack so there's a natural balance there. Alliances would be very dangerous / interesting, especially if they result in fairly balanced 2v2 or something.

I'd be up for some OCC mini-epic action...I think we'll need a couple more players, though, as the hour will be too late for Bren and tab.

I'll wait till after we change to daylight savings before starting anything.

No clue - I haven't played that much civ5 and no OCC in multiplayer. I just thought it might be interesting. Also I'll bet diplomatic victory could work if you get enough gold generating wonders. Since they all stack on each other you can make more out of one city than a few mediocre tradepost cities.

I think you'd need some human votes to win. Seems unlikely you'd be able to outbid all the other players.

Yes except that humans who don't focus on gold won't have any CS's and if you are starting off thinking of diplomatic victory, you will have probably already allied with 2 or 3 from the beginning doing basic questing and barb killing for them. With 8 CS's, you should be able to bribe 2 to 3 more. Not saying it's easy but it might be doable. Worth trying at any rate if we can round up interest. I'd run it except that I'd try for times good for me rather than you two :)

Hey, been meaning to mention to zalta and Brenador about the Giant Multiplayer Robot program. I started a game in it and just invited those who'd already seen the thread. Sorry about that. Check it out if you're interested, in the MP forum. We currently have an 8 player game going, running at about a full turn a day. Fast for this sort of game! It should be done in, oh, 6-10 months?

Top Bottom