Override Events with Images BULL version check?

Admiral Armada

The Admiral of Armadas
Is this possible? I have the latest SVN (well, the most recent one the Fuyu put into his Better Bug AI mod (r200 i believe)), so this should be supported. Can i override that check, or where does it check?
Edit: According to the ingame reporting (hovering over the civ flag) i have BULL 1.2+ (r197)

The minimum BULL version required for each DLL setting is stored in the XML files inside Assets/Config. The API version for BULL is in BugMod.h.

r197 should have changed the API verison to 5, which is what the Events With Images option I wrote requires. So the checkbox should be active (if it is even there, which it should not if you are indeed using r90) but the Events With Images modcomp should simply be always active - BULL r197 means you have r90 of Better BUG AI, which does include the Events with Images modcomp but it was not yet a BUG option at that time - that was done in r92.

Ok, if that was too complicated: please update your Better BUG AI, your flag hover indicates that you are using an ancient version from 40 days ago.

Ok, if that was too complicated: please update your Better BUG AI, your flag hover indicates that you are using an ancient version from 40 days ago.
Hmm, i got the SVN last week at some point (thats why i posted asking about it), and i have the check box, its just greyed out, and my API version says 5. Im assuming i missed merging something over.
Edit: I found this in BUG main interface,xml
Code:
<option id="EventsWithImages" key="Events with Images" 
					type="boolean" default="False" dll="5"/>
If i set it to true will it work? Could i force a random event to test it?

Assets\Config\Bug Main Interface.xml diff r91-r92
Code:
<option id="EventsWithImages" key="Events with Images" type="boolean" default="False" dll="[B]5[/B]"/>
BugMod.h diff r91-r92
Code:
 #define BUG_DLL_API_VERSION             [B]5[/B]
[COLOR="Gray"](...)[/COLOR]
#define BUG_DLL_BUILD                   L"[B]200[/B]"

That's r92 from June 10th. If you really updated recently, it obviously wasn't recently enough ;)

edit: changing the default won't do anything as far as I can tell, since your dll should not even care for that option. And I have no clue why it should be grayed out, Better BUG AI with BULL r197 already had API version 5, as you can see here.

edit2: you also need the new CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml and the whole EventImages package. If you have those, you can force a random event with python -> How do you manually trigger BtS Random Events - to test if the component is active or not.

Thanks Fuyu, ill take a look at that in the morning, i just checked those files in the SDK i have of your mod, and they match. It looks like i have the july 8th version.
In any case, ill look into forcing an event or combing back through the code in the morning (its 3am over here, not a good time for coding:crazyeye:)

Edit: On an unrelated note, that view differences thing on sourceforge is really cool, i didnt know you could do that.

I think i figured out the problem. RevDCM has bugmod.h combined inside of cvglobals.h, and it was still reading api 4 and rev 197. Sadly in trying to fix this problem i have made worse problems, now the game refuses to start with my sources and i cant figure out why.

Yeah i figured it out. The RevDCM mod has bugmod.h added onto the end of cvglobals, so i had updated the bugmod.h file, but it was never called during compiling. I did i full remerge (i screwed it up trying to fix this issue) and now it works.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Top Bottom