[Overview] Modpacks combination (non-fictional) YOU use most

Akinaba

Warlord
Comming here for a long time I can see that it may be hard for a novice to look over all mods this great community made and to choose what mods in what combination and order a player should use to make his own CiV experience best.

So I decided to adress the community with a question:
What combination of mods or modpacks you yourself like most and do use when playing CiV and what combination you would definitely advise to a newcommer?

inb4 modders self-advertise their mod and what works well with their other mods that they make as well. ;)

inb4 modders self-advertise their mod and what works well with their other mods that they make as well. ;)
Is it so bad? I doubt all modders may spam the thread with their own mods. I also would like to see what else do people use in what combinations. To compile your own working combinations of mods is not that simple itself, is it?

I myself use a huge amounts of steam mods with overlay of couple CivFanatics exclusive mod and will definitely desceibe my combo later in this thread when will have time.

Well, this mod right here.. Leadership Reformation introduces a game concept in which Great General and Admirals are granted a random unique promotion(or not depending). The AIs can considerably use this concept to their own benefit without any additional AI processing.

Well, this mod right here.. Leadership Reformation introduces a game concept in which Great General and Admirals are granted a random unique promotion(or not depending). The AIs can considerably use this concept to their own benefit without any additional AI processing.
But it's a single mod, not a combination of modpacks or mods.
And what combination of mods do you personally use to improove your CiV gamplay I wonder?

Last edited:
Let me advertise then ;) , the Vox Populi is a suite of mods designed to enhance one's experience with Civ 5. Driven by Gazebo (though you'll see teamwork of the dll kings such as Ilteroi and Iamblichos) and the community, it rebalances civs, policies, religion and much more, introducing new features such as events, vassals, envoys, much-revamped quests and more. But what shines here especially is the improved AI dll that not only makes AIs much more competetive, smart and challenging, makes also the game open for new modmodding possibilities with several mods already testifying for it.

/ad

What I add to VP however, are Enginseer's suite of mods found in his signature (Leadership Reformation and Civics are fun :) ), JFD's mods (also in his signature), the numerous excellent civs right here and picknmix.com (all by whoward69) . It depends on my curiousity to what possible modmod configuration will I activate since I won't use them all at once.

The base CP+ JFD's mods (ExCE, CiD, RtP, Events Compendium) + Events and decisions+ The Enlightenment era+ Ethnic Units = Civilization 5.5

Nobody needs Civ 6 when you've got a bunch of mods (which add up to half a giga in my case) that work like an expansion pack, and better yet, they get regularly updated by a medieval-esque modder community!!!

(As to the question itself... my mod list is too long to be put here, but to a newcomer, I'd advise to start with the CP and/ or events and decisions. If you liked them, you could start using JFD's mods, which are based upon these mods and add some new mechanics to the game. You'll never get bored again, trust me...)

Top Bottom