Palasaide border walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bt_oz

Chieftain
I would like to see workers be able to build Palasaide border walls around
territorties , like in dare i say(age of empires).
But only have last for so many centuries or until they get knocked down by
barbarians or battles

bt_oz

this has been argued in the ideas section. I am personaly in support of your idea as i sugested this a month ago. THe problem is the mm caused by the ever changing borders...also builing a chain of fortrises and guarding them gives simular functions.

borders shouldnt change as much as they do anyway
even so, look at china's great wall: its in the middle of their nation.

I like the idea of palasaide walls, and they should be able to upgrade to a stone wall later on. They should cost maintaince, and like you said break down after so long. But I can see it might be hard to impliment into the game, I am a defensesive player by nature, so for me it would be alot of fun, in AOE2 empire building and Defenses were by far my faverite part of the game! But after awhile I had to attack just to get the game over with.

Phoenix_56721 said:
I like the idea of palasaide walls, and they should be able to upgrade to a stone wall later on. They should cost maintaince, and like you said break down after so long. But I can see it might be hard to impliment into the game, I am a defensesive player by nature, so for me it would be alot of fun, in AOE2 empire building and Defenses were by far my faverite part of the game! But after awhile I had to attack just to get the game over with.

or make the maintenance optional: if you dont pay, it'll break down over time

That reminds me, how is the Great Wall wonder going to work? They said that wonders will be visible on maps, which I can see with building type wonders like the pyramids and such, but how would this be instituted with the Great Wall? Or did they take out the Great Wall wonder?

That reminds me, how is the Great Wall wonder going to work? They said that wonders will be visible on maps, which I can see with building type wonders like the pyramids and such, but how would this be instituted with the Great Wall? Or did they take out the Great Wall wonder?

I imagine it will be just like the Great Wall in the city view we have in Civ3. Just a little wall on some nearby hills or something.

I think he meant palisade. Considering that one person writes and many people read, the onus really should be on the author to sure make teh psleling gramamr and right.

rhialto whats your problem mate about spelling of certain words, palasaide is what i typed into google , if you like i will point out that spelling of
australian/british english Vs American english if you like for certain words like
ie colour/color and metre/meter,

SO stop carrrying about what i mentioned about basically a stick fence around borders, Its only a game suggestion here so bugger off with your fancy grammer

No matches in yourdictionary.com
http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/search?p=palasaide&searchmode=normal&x=0&y=0

No matches in onelook.com
http://www.onelook.com/?loc=pub&w=palasaide

Google search for palasaide: 55 hits
Google search for palisade: 754,000 hits

Google search for palasaide in *.au domain: 1 hit
Google search for palisade in *.au domain: 10,200 hits

:nya: :nya: :nya:

Seriously, I don't care which standard of English you use, but use one of them. "palasaide" just appears to be a spelling mistake judging from the above search results. And if I seem snarky about this, bear in my that you just told me not only where to go, but more importantly, that I am wrong, in the field in which I make my living.

Woh! Calm down mate! Spelling and grammar are important to get ideas across, but in this case, your idea did get across enough, so Rhialto, you don't need to pick on them too much either.

As for on topic: yeah, would be nice, but I'm just happy that there is going to be castles as a city improvement! About time! ;)

Moderator Action: bt_oz - warned for language
rhialto - warned for trolling.

People - we don't appreciate grammer/spelling police here.

Since when was Turner_727 made into a mod? Doesn't teh forum identify the mods in their status box? I thought convention was that only mods should use those mod tags. Or is it amateur modding night?

Amazing thread people. I am impressed.

Yeah, I don't like this idea. As someone else said borders change pretty often, and as we've all known for the longest time, (non-agressive) AI units won't walk through your territory anymore. The only reason to completely wall your nation in is if you're a paranoid, pacifist builder. Even then, it would probably be more effective to build units and fortresses, or, pay extra attention to diplomacy rather than having a sprawling, expensive set of walls.

I figure creating a wall unit would be a cinch though, so if you want 'em get someone to make 'em. So many of these suggestions are mute because of the modding power of this game. People will be able to play whatever unbalanced and ruined version of Civ they want!

A note on spelling and grammar: for those of you who don't care about either, keep in mind that you sound like blubbering fools! Nah, its ok, just try harder if English is your second language, ok? Also, try not to flip out in your own thread.

Moderator Action: rhialto - public discussion of moderator actions is now allowed

Well, before I would have called you a pantywaist but now that you've given me the honour, I guess I'll say you're not that bad all things considered.

Amateur Mod? Hardly! His small mouth and eager obeisance to T(YHWH)F make him a fine mod, indeed. J/K man! Hahaha! I <3 C 'n' H 2 man aight liek da hole sPace MaN spiffF I mis dat ****.

...no walls! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom