Paradeigma

Playing Tholals More naval AI and not having Kuriotes in the game seems to solve OOS errors.

I should have used Tholals More naval AI since the beginning but I didn't know it when I started Paradeigma. Now this is too late because if I want to use Tholals More naval AI I will have to rework everything since the beginning. I'm sad of that, but I have not the time to change that. I hope you will enjoy this mod anyway, or at least you will get some ideas from it. But remember I didn't write every change in the first post, there are too many little changes to count them.

It shouldn't be that hard to update your modmod to work with More Naval AI.

If I remember correctly, it took less than an hour for me to use Winmerge to combine Magister Modmod with More Naval AI.

I am impressed. Could you explain me how to do that ?

I downloaded More Naval AI (for FFH2) v2.3 Patch and I patched FFH2. But how to use it for my own mod ? Remember my mod is (almost) independant from FFH2, because I modded it like a stand-alone (from a copy of FFH2).

Download/install WinMerge

Make a copy of the folder where your modmod is installed

Open WinMerge, and select the Open option in WinMerge.

Check the box that says "Include Subfolders"

Browse and select the base FfH2 folder next to "Left," and the Copy of your modmod next to "Right."

Press "OK" and wait until all the files in these folders are compared.

Go to the "View" menu and make it so that only "Show Identical Items" and "Show Binary Files" are checked.

Delete every file in the copy of your modmod that is identical to the equivalent file in base FfH2.

Press Refresh (F5)

Go to the "View" menu and make it so that only "Show Different Items" is selected.

Double click on each file that shows up in order to open a tab comparing of these different files.

Use the "Next Difference" and the "Copy Right" to any More Naval AI specific code to your modmod, being careful to keep your own modmod's changes in place too. You my have to make some changes as you go.

Save the changes to the copy of your modmod.

You'll probably want to open each of the python files you change in another editor such as IDLE or PyScripter in order to use the debug feature. Merging Python files in Winmerge often introduces a couple minor errors, usually related to improper indentation.

At this point the copy of your modmod folder is probably is such a condition that you could just release it and have other people install it over where More Naval AI is installed. I expect people would prefer it if you made it independent on MNAI and only required FfH2 installed. They would also prefer if you try to play the game to make sure it works first.

Make a Copy of the More Naval AI folder, and drag the contents of the copy of your modmod's folder into it. Select yes to overwriting all of the files with the same name.

That should leave that folder as a working version of your modmod including More Naval AI. Open that modmod and playtest it. Make sure that C:\Users\{insert your user name]\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini has been edited to enable logging, and use the contents of C:\Users\Magister\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs to track down any errors.

Open Winmerge, go to the "View" menu and make it so that only "Show Identical Items" and "Show Binary Files" are checked, and start a comparison between the base FfH2 folder and the Paradeignma + More Naval AI folder.

Delete any files from the Paradeignma + More Naval AI folder that are still unchanged from base FfH2.

The Paradeignma + More Naval AI folder is probably ready to be released, but you should test it first too. Copy its contents into a copy of base FfH2 and playtest it.

Compress Paradeignma + More Naval AI or use a program like Inno Setup Compiler to make an exe installer.

Release your new modmod.

Thank you a lot MagisterCultuum, I will do that soon.

I have another question : where could I get the bug report if the game crash ?

Looking forward to this mod implementing the More Naval AI mod!

New version : 1.4 (see first post):

- New leader: Deirdra (Exp/Adapt/Nomadic) for Doviellos, Hippus and Lanuns. The nomadic trait provides: no anarchy, +50% civic upkeep, double speed for hunting lodge, mobility I and Sentry for living units and boats, and Nomads (food, ignore terrain cost, rival territory, found city) can be built instead of Rangers.

- New civilization: Mechanos
Leader: Verocchio (Ind/Phi/Agn/Ing), special tech: steam power which provides +1 prod to farms and railroad, word spell: Deus ex Machina (temporary affinity with refined mana to siege units), hero: Goliath.
Special Units: Techpriest (sacrifice for hurry, repair, dispell magic, build refineries, consume mana to get power eand found Clock Tower), Artificer (peut dispell magic, build refineries, create Mines and bombard), Steam Tank (mechanical charriot with colleteral damages), Flamethrower (champion with fire I and II), Igor (weak but early immortal affaibli with the flesh golem ability), Trebuchet and khazad Cannon, luchuirp Clockworker, kuriotate Airship, submarine (furtive galleon).
Special Buildings: Clock Tower (pagan temple with +10% science), Observatory (alchemy lab in Optic with +1 free scientist), Museum (theatre with happiness for +20% science instead of culture), Factory (forge with +25% prod with power), Hospital (infirmary without health but with +20% food with power), Tower of Steal (special Tower of Mastery wich requires iron, mithril, refined mana and gunpower, but not the magic towers).

And also:

- the grigori tavern increase the global GP of 10%
- change for mines, workshops, windmills and lumbermills
- the jungle is cut like a forest
- spy +1 move
- illian: mage and archmage blocked
- the Wall in Masonry
- the charriot has a malus in ancestral forest
- Tower of Complacency and the Eyes and Ears Network global again
- City of a Thousand Slums +2 unhealth
- Song of Autumn provides the Woodman I promotion
- Overcouncil in Way of teh Wise and Undercouncil in Way of the Wicked, no population condition for votes
- the Promote Soldier bannor ability cannot be done on hero or illusion
- Hyborem more agressive, demonic citizen with unhappiness, can buy manes for 50
- Black Market in friendly cities only
- Miracle requires the unit to be damaged
- Clean area with with Commune with Nature
- Perpentach can change his alignment with respect of his religion
- Lichdom unavailable to good Leaders and remove the divine promotion
- Divine spells require the state religion
- Cassiel: diplomatic bonus if a holy city is razed
- new names for Cannon (Bombard), Dwarven Cannon (Canon) and Scourge (Ungodly).

Tholal's mod will be implemented in the next version.

My actual problems:
- AIs don't spread corporations
- no victory for Tower of Steel
- No diplomatic text for Deirdra

- AIs don't spread corporations

All the corporation code seems to still be in place. Looks like the corporation spreading units need to have their AI set to AI_MISSIONARY.

I tried to download your mod but nothing happens when I hit the download button on Gamefront.

It looks like your download includes the entire FFH directory, including all the art files? Your changes are all XML and python correct? If so, then you should just package up those files. Your download will be significantly smaller and you'll be able to attach it to the first post instead of using an off-site hoster.

All the corporation code seems to still be in place. Looks like the corporation spreading units need to have their AI set to AI_MISSIONARY.
Thank you, it works. :)

I tried to download your mod but nothing happens when I hit the download button on Gamefront.
Strange, I had the same. If it continues I will upload again the mod (with the last changes ;) ).

It looks like your download includes the entire FFH directory, including all the art files? Your changes are all XML and python correct? If so, then you should just package up those files. Your download will be significantly smaller and you'll be able to attach it to the first post instead of using an off-site hoster.
At the beginning I tried to have an independant mod, but you are right. I will do that for the next upload.

Changes in version 4a:

- AIs spread their corporations
- the temple of leaves provides +1 food instead of +1 health
- Sphener and Brigit fly

The download link has the same problem than before.

I misunderstood. I don't know how to package those files. How can i do that ?
Is it possible to explain to BTS to load the files in FFH2 and after to load the files in Paradeigma, juste to keep only the files which are different from FFH2 in the Paradeigma folder ?

For Gamefront, the current countries are blocked :

Argentina
Mexico
Chile
Spain
Thailand
Poland
Colombia
Brazil
France
Venezuela
Italy
Peru
Uruguay
Malaysia
Turkey
Indonesia
India
Ecuador
Costa Rica
Honduras
Hungary
Philippines
Portugal
Romania
Russian Federation
Serbia
Singapore
Sweden
Japan
Indonesia

That's why the link didn't work for everyone (including me).
I'm working to fix that with other storage sites for a complete version of the mod, and a light version of Paradeigma for civfanatic.

I added a new link with mediafire (cf first post for instructions) for the blocked countries. (*)
I cannot use civfanatic upload because my mod without the components of FFH2 is still too big (I use arts from RifE).

I hope you will enjoy this new version. :)

(*) I don't know how to make an exe installer.

- Divine spells require the state religion
that's not nice ... :/ what about free religion civic ? (it still exist no?) and what to do with those priests ?
maybe the tier 3 spells can need the religion (to forbid OO druid to cast Kraken without having OO as state religion), but having some few priests of 2-3 religions is a nice aspect of the game IMO

that's not nice ... :/ what about free religion civic ? (it still exist no?) and what to do with those priests ?
maybe the tier 3 spells can need the religion (to forbid OO druid to cast Kraken without having OO as state religion), but having some few priests of 2-3 religions is a nice aspect of the game IMO
There is no free religion civic in FFH2 nor Paradeigma, and I focused the religion gameplay on the choice of one religion:
- religion spell need the state religion
- priests and religious units (except missionaries) abandon if you don't get their religion
- you must be converted to build holy and religious wonders
- the theocracy civic gets +2 :) from state religion but +1 :mad: for other religions
- the religion civic allows to build missionaries without temple but doesn't make happiness for temples anymore
- Liches lose the Divine promotion (to not allow 8 high priests, for example for the Order)

Remember:

Kael's Notes said:
The goal of this mod is to provide a turn based strategy game with a focus on replayability. I am a huge fan of the Civilization series but after
playing a dozen or so games they began to feel the same. That's actually a pretty amazing feat, what other game can you beat a dozen times before it starts to
feel the same?
We pursued our replayability goal by making a few key decisions:
1. Each civilization should be fundamentally different than any other. Much more than just a different Unique Unit and Unique Building we want the
player to have to adapt to different strategies and play styles to play each civ. We understood that not all players would like all civs, but each would
find some that appealed to their play style and players in for a new experience could try something that played differently than they were used to.
2. A player's state religion should have a dramatic effect on his civilization. As such there are really 7 versions of each civilization, that civilization
with each religion.
3. A general dislike for patterns. Although easy to design and balance patterns are generally uncreative. Instead we craft each option individually and
try to balance overall rather than on the specific option being created.

I kept these 3 points on mind for Paradeigma.
That's why I tried to:
1) extand strategies for existing civilizations
2) make difficult to use several religions at the same time
3) crafted many new spells for new mechanics

PS: Is anybody can delete the previous post (or at least the quote part)? It is really big and is really... empty.

I'm certain that jacklie434 is a bot. Hopefully it will be deleted and the post removed soon.
Moderator Action: If you report it, then we'll kill it ;). That said: Done :).

okay... but I still like that priests stays... losing units you built is ... sad
losing heros and high priests is already a big deal. losing more .. well.

in FFH, (the lore) priests are not exclusive of all other religions.

I think the bundle "only 1 religion" is too strict.

maybe just have some antigonism exist :
AV priest cannot live in Order state religion and vice-versa
Esus in Empy

or maybe act by alignement :
Evil allow only priests of evil religions (AV and OO), good only of good religions (Order and Empy).. and neutral allow all priests (or only neutral priests)...
(thus you'll be able to get neutral and good or neutral and evil priests.. but not all.).

or make it different for all religions : (State / priests allowed)
-Order / Order , Empy, Esus (3ttl)
-Empy / Order , Empy, RoK, FoL (4ttl)
-RoK / Empy, RoK, FoL, OO, Esus (5ttl)
-FoL / Empy, RoK, FoL, OO, Esus (5ttl)
-OO / FoL, OO, AV, Esus (4ttl)
-AV / OO, AV, Esus (3ttl)

(at least, even if you remove the spells, leave the priests.. the insta-temple is very useful and important)

Alternatively you could have priests of (allowed) non-state religions have a reduced-effect spell (might be hard to code) (or have the spell take 2 turns to cast instead of 1 turn) (a boolean : if Religion is not state religion, then casting time = 2)

my 0.2

Spoiler :
PS: Is anybody can delete the previous post (or at least the quote part)? It is really big and is really... empty.
You can always spoiler large quotes.

I appreciate the idea of what your trying to achieve with the religions. You might consider tweaking your rules for Empyrean, to allow more of the units of other religions, as they're supposed to be the most tolerant.

Top Bottom