PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Unfortanelly i can only play this scenario as Portugal, i´v only played it with them, so i already know what to do...we will wait a little longer to see if we can get four more players, i don´t think it will be that hard...

I believe both German entities need human players if not neither. A human can be reasoned with while a computer can't. Certain diplomatic glitches can cause locked ally to declare war on you. I've experienced it more than once. Aside from that issue, the two should be able to collaborate to help them compete with Britain and Russia and everyone else. I volunteer to play as Austria if necessary.

Rick I don't know how you plan to get around the player 1 issue. Player 1 is British Empire. If you managed to create an edited game file with Portugal as player 1 or you have a loophole that's great. Assuming we have a loophole, what would confine you to Portugal?

Rick I don't know how you plan to get around the player 1 issue. Player 1 is British Empire. If you managed to create an edited game file with Portugal as player 1 or you have a loophole that's great. Assuming we have a loophole, what would confine you to Portugal?

You do not have to fill the British position with a human player. British Empire is player 1 in the scenario file, but when you start a new game the civ you select at the setup screen becomes player 1. If RickFGS starts a game as Portugal, Portugal will be player 1.

Also, you can use the tool to set player 1 to an AI if you so desire; there is no requirement that player 1 has to be human. In fact, this may even be preferred, since I did notice that the AoI scenario would spawn extra starting units (depending on difficulty) for the civs that are players 2-31. It is up to you to decide whether this is desirable.

Thank you Sima for clarifying the turn order.

On the spamming of units you are right again, from difficulty level Ensign and above, the AI gets free units, so when i start the game and change the civs to human, they will already have extra units instead of player one, i´ll just have to edit the .biq for the difficulty level we are playing and remove this.....or i could just add extra units to player 1 from startup also, it´s really up to people of course....

Speaking for myself...although I'm looking forward to playing this, I'm in no rush to start. This is, after all, a pretty long term commitment to play. So whenever you guys get tired of waiting and want to shuffle people around to fill the top civs is fine, but I have no problem waiting a while longer to see if we can snatch a couple more people before the start.

Speaking for myself...although I'm looking forward to playing this, I'm in no rush to start. This is, after all, a pretty long term commitment to play. So whenever you guys get tired of waiting and want to shuffle people around to fill the top civs is fine, but I have no problem waiting a while longer to see if we can snatch a couple more people before the start.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

I am kind of tempted to take scandinavia (because of obvious reasons), but I haven't tried this ever and I am quite bad with computers so might need some idiotproof help to get those programs working and everything into right place.

Howdy folks I have been reading the forums at CivFanatics for some time now but this is my first Post!

I love this senario and El Justo is the best so count me in if you will take a first time pbem Civ III player.

I have played Civ for some time but not against a human so sounds fun and I have played pbem games (TripleA)

So if I am in my first choice would be USA,Germany,then UK and Russia last.

Thanks for the vine guys :D

@Glasnot . Welcome aboard! I´m more then glad to assist you in any issue on the instalation and on the scenario, if you play it there is an extensive support for the matter on the civilopedia of the game itself done by El Justo himself. Scandinavia it is!

@Jureil - Welcome to CFC! You´re in of course! Unfortanelly from post #1 you can see that both US and Germany are taken, so i i will put in charge of England yes? Russia is still open, so please confirm.

We are 6 players from full house! I will make some invitations for the remaining slots, if you have friends that you think would be interested in having a piece of the action give them a ring.

England it is then but I did see the person who was playing Germany might not have computer access so for now England it is!

Thanks

Don't worry, I'm going to have CPU access. I already have my plan set up. I actually haven't played this before, but I've been Playing it like crazy as Germany. Russia and UK at war= about 5-10 min IBT time.

We are on a roll! Will we wait for all colonial positions to be filled or not? I'm easy either way.

I want play this game too
I write down a list of participants in the game, and give me a seat at the Austria-Hungary

Top Bottom