• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Pentagon releases photos of Hussein brothers' bodies

napoleon526

Emperor
WARNING: Pictures are graphic

link to graphic pictures of deceased deleted, Lefty

Pretty conclusive evidence that these two are gone for good.

I wonder how much whomever killed them would get for the bounty :mischief:. Now we just need to fin Saddam himself.

WARNING: Pictures are graphic

They dont look too graphic, it just looks like they have been beaten around with an ugly stick.

Wait, that release doesn't count. They have to do it again on a playing card. :rolleyes:

They said they did this to convince the Iraqi people, which is a good reason, I guess...

Even with a purpose of reducing violent resistance by quashing misinformation and rumor, realeasing such pictures at this time stinks.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
I wonder how much whomever killed them would get for the bounty :mischief:

I don't think the army gives special bounty bonuses :lol:

But the dude who ratted them out has been taken to a secure location to receive his $30 million reward. I know plenty of sadistic maniacs that I could turn in, but nobody would pay me a dime!

Yeah well, as the Pentagon said, they weren't intending to give themselves up peacefully, and fired upon our forces when they tried to persuade them to lay down their arms.

But they were real sickos...

people needed proof the are dead. pretty hard to prove you killed someone without showing the body.

If they hadnt I suspect Iraqi militants claiming they are still alive. And certain politicians claiming they are lying about whether they killed them.

Originally posted by Ohwell
I think its disgusting to show these pictures to everyone, its a disgrace, even to these sick two men.

You don't have to look at them and as someone else said they don't look like something your going to puke at. How can they even tell who they were? I looked at them compared to the Card pictures but fail to see how they can teel who they were. Not that I don't belive that its not them.
I see that the link is gone now. Big suprise

check the nose structure of the bodies, quite similar to file photos. Also the eyeline and ear structure.

Also they have an x-ray of one of the brothers legs, I guess he had a metal pin in it or something which shows up on the xray.

Also, Uday Hussein had many scars from an assassination attempt on him in the mid-90s where he was shot some 8 times or something. They also have dental records and other ways of taking samples.

Apparently, they also killed Qusay's 14-year old son, who was also there, firing at American soldiers. It is said that he was the last one to go down before the Americans entered the building.

Originally posted by The Yankee
It is said that he was the last one to go down before the Americans entered the building.
That would be the second time the forces entered the building. Early in the fight they had entered to try a chance to capture by force, but then withdrew after 4 wounded, and then applied greater firepower from the outside.

I'm speaking from a position of pure ignorance here, but:

How is this not a violation of the Geneva Convention that the US military so adamantly stuck to during the earlier parts of the war?

EDIT: Never mind, found the other thread. Thanks, Chrth.

@cromagnon: GC does not forbid the showing of dead people, only captured ones...which makes sense to me.

I think it's funny that CNN.com posts a warning and a link, while FoxNews.com just shows the pics.

Originally posted by archer_007
Doesnt anyone find it a bit sick that they released pics of dead bodies?

Why pretend violent death is something other than it is?

Maybe more pictures of corpses would persuade people that violence in general and war in particular are courses of last resort.

Originally posted by ChrTh
@cromagnon: GC does not forbid the showing of dead people, only captured ones...which makes sense to me.
Not even that, specifically about pictures, the prohibition is against public humiliation of POWs, you can show pictures if not humiliating.

Top Bottom