People Behind the Leader and What it Represents

Licentia

Prince
How does that work now when you see citizens standing behind the leader of an AI civ (while in negotiations). I know that when they have 4 citizens they are stronger than you. What does 1 citizen or 2 citizens or 3 citizens mean? Anyone ever look at that? Is 2 citizens meaning that you are equal in strength?

The other day I was playing Win Civ and I saw president Lincoln standing in Egypt with one egyption citizen behind him. lol. Never saw that in the SNES version.

Zwelgje said:
I think it's an indication of the strength and degree of advances of the other civ.

Well it can't mean science because I can be ahead of the Mongols by far, and they still have 4 guys in the background.

I remember reading somewhere (the instructions that came with the game? The book in the bookstore I read a few chapters of once?) that the number of guys in the background 1-4 is an overall indication of the strength of that civilization. I think it's just 1,2,3 or 4. I don't think that if there are 2 people, WHICH two people it is matters.

I could be wrong. Unless it is early in the game and I'm surprised by a background of 4 when I was expecting 1 or 2, I never pay it any attention. Then again, my civ rating scores suck, so I could be wrong...

Steve

I can say this thing:
If you meet a civ early in the game and they have <3 guys - this means that you might get ALL their money and advances if you persist not to sign a peace treaty.
Otherwise after offering money they just call it war...
And I like when I get lots of techs in the beginning just for searching the land for civs. :)

civ2 said:
I can say this thing:
If you meet a civ early in the game and they have <3 guys - this means that you might get ALL their money and advances if you persist not to sign a peace treaty.
Otherwise after offering money they just call it war...
And I like when I get lots of techs in the beginning just for searching the land for civs. :)

This would be a good thing to test. I guess that's the games way of making things even, because the AI knows how strong we are, so how else can we know how strong they are, unless we see them with a chariot, a catapult, 2 legions and 2 LCavs surrounding one of our cities... Then we know they are stronger and it's just a couple minutes until...

Their outfit and the background they're standing in indicates what government they're in and how advanced they are.

IIRC:
Mongols--Early Despotism
hippies--Modern Despotism
Egyptians--Early Monarchy
famous explorers (Drake, Columbus, etc.) & Shakespeare--Modern Monarchy
Greeks--Early Republic
Americans--Modern Republic/Democracy
Russians--Communism

The number indicates the overall power rating of the civ.

Top Bottom