Resource icon

PerfectWorld6 7

Thanks for this script cephalo, very excited to try it out. A couple questions, sorry if they've been answered elsewhere-

Does it play well with Yet not another maps enormous maps?
AI+ mod?
Terra Mirabilis mod?

Thanks again for all the time and effort.

Does this take significantly longer to generate than the normal maps? I've been playing on colossal a lot and its always generated in less than 15 minutes using detailed worlds or the base game scripts.

Does this take significantly longer to generate than the normal maps? I've been playing on colossal a lot and its always generated in less than 15 minutes using detailed worlds or the base game scripts.

Yes it does. The main reason it takes so long is how I break up pangaeas. Instead of a dividing line somewhere, it picks the weakest spot in the pangaea and tries to break it up at that bottleneck. It is an expensive process, but it means that you have no idea how the continents are broken up without exploring. I think it's worth the time, but I only play on huge, ha!

How long does huge take?

EDIT: So it loads in about 5-10 mins on huge.

Last edited:
Ok, it's posted! Enjoy the map. I tested it playing Moari, which was insanely over-powered, as I had most of the new world explored and nearly settled before anyone else got Cartography.

pokiehl, let me know if I posted a bunch of old crap again. I don't think I did but it has always seemed a bit out of my control.

Woohoo! So excited to have this out again :D

And the upload went perfectly, no redundant folders!

I've had a few failed loads with this in lua log

Code:
Map Script: Permanent Ice Tiles: 268
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Logicsol\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Detailed Worlds\Maps\Utility\FeatureGenerator.lua:328: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
    C:\Users\Logicsol\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Detailed Worlds\Maps\Utility\FeatureGenerator.lua:328: in function 'FeatureGenerator:AddIceToMap'
    C:\Users\Logicsol\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\PerfectWorld6\Map\PerfectWorld6.lua:367: in function 'GenerateMap'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
Lua callstack:
Runtime Error: Call to GenerateMap() had errors
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
Mods: Failed to create mods browser search context!
Test: Test.LUA loaded!
JoiningRoom: OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure() g_waitingForContentConfigure=true
JoiningRoom: OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure() g_waitingForContentConfigure=true

I am running Terra Mirablis too.

yes

The error seems to mostly happen in multiplayer.

I'm reinstalling the mod on hers, and will test without TM.

Edit: I think I've somewhat tracked down the issue. It's in some global changes I made in a personalized mod. At 2 succesfuly MP loads without that removed, Now I'm going to try and find the exact line item that caused it.

Edit2: doing the tests right now, but it the suspect parameter is ICE_TILES_PERCENT

Edit3: actually, I'm not entirely sure that was even a problem, because I noticed the much more obvious issue. I still had detailed worlds enabled. I removed the Ice line from my mod and have now successfulled launched 2 MP games with it.

But it looks like detailed worlds generation script might be causing a conflict.

Last edited:
I'm surprised by this piece of map : no hills near such a mountain range? But a lot of marshes...

Attachments

• nohills.JPG
    nohills.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Dohh - just noticed your sig.
BTW: Could CIV 6 support modding expanding/shrinking polar caps like 4 did? Would love to go from an ice age to global warming crisis. Haven't bought R&S yet - not sure it's a good value proposition at full price and the climate change features appear a bit ... gimmicky.

Dohh - just noticed your sig.
BTW: Could CIV 6 support modding expanding/shrinking polar caps like 4 did? Would love to go from an ice age to global warming crisis. Haven't bought R&S yet - not sure it's a good value proposition at full price and the climate change features appear a bit ... gimmicky.

The price is a bit steep in my mind, I was lucky and a nice person bought it for me, but it really is a good expansion. There are some cool civs, and other mechanic changes that work better in my opinion. Such as the grievance system.

Is there in the script a variable permitting to reduce the number of rivers? Ideally, to reduce the number of small rivers...

Is there in the script a variable permitting to reduce the number of rivers? Ideally, to reduce the number of small rivers...

Yes, you can adjust the minimum length of a river. Shorter rivers than this disappear. There is also an adjustible rainfall component, and the interplay can be a bit complex. Requiring longer rivers will limit rivers in the tropics, while turning down the rainfall will limit rivers in the dry areas.

Yes, you can adjust the minimum length of a river. Shorter rivers than this disappear. There is also an adjustible rainfall component, and the interplay can be a bit complex. Requiring longer rivers will limit rivers in the tropics, while turning down the rainfall will limit rivers in the dry areas.
Would you mind pointing out what folders to reach the script I can adjust? I want to tone down the amount of desert tiles. The rivers one is something I'm interested in also. Thanks.

Would you mind pointing out what folders to reach the script I can adjust? I want to tone down the amount of desert tiles. The rivers one is something I'm interested in also. Thanks.

Maps --> perfectworld6.lua

All the user-friendly modifications are in the beginning of the script and are well-commented.

Thank you! Once again some of the map generations are breath taking. Well done.

Top Bottom