Resource icon

PerfectWorld6 7

started a game with this map/mod.....big island and didn't see any luxury resources like whales in the water but a bunch of amber resource spawned in the water along the coasts. is this suppose to be normal? is there a way to get rid of this?

Would you mind pointing out what folders to reach the script I can adjust? I want to tone down the amount of desert tiles. The rivers one is something I'm interested in also. Thanks.

\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\1538122020\Map

At least in my configuration, Steam moves in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform.

edit: @rp03ev : bad luck, I regullary have sea resources on the maps

Last edited:
Could anyone knowing well lua confirm this please ? I think I've found why there are too much marsh (for me :D ) :

Function AddFeatures() (lines 3593....)
Spoiler :
Code:
                if rainfallMap.data[i] < jungleThreshold then
                    if not plot:IsMountain() then
                        local treeRange = jungleThreshold - zeroTreesThreshold
                        if rainfallMap.data[i] > PWRand() * treeRange + zeroTreesThreshold then
                            if temperatureMap.data[i] > mc.treesMinTemperature then
                                TerrainBuilder.SetFeatureType(plot, featureForest)
                            end
                        end
                    end
                else
                    local marshRange = 1.0 - jungleThreshold
------>>>       if rainfallMap.data[i] > PWRand() * marshRange + jungleThreshold and temperatureMap.data[i] > mc.treesMinTemperature then
                        TerrainBuilder.SetTerrainType(plot, g_TERRAIN_TYPE_GRASS)
                        TerrainBuilder.SetFeatureType(plot, featureMarsh)
                    else

------>>> We are in the case where 'temp>=jungleThreshold' (see the else) so the calculation "rainfallMap.data > PWRand() * marshRange + jungleThreshold" is not considered because temp is always >= jungleThreshold whatever the result of PWRand() * marshRange.

So the real test is 'temperatureMap.data > mc.treesMinTemperature' , leading to have a marsh if there is no chance to have trees?

Edit: I would replace the incriminated code with
Code:
                    local marshThreshold = rainfallMap:FindThresholdFromPercent(mc.marshPercent,false,true)
                    if rainfallMap.data[i] < marshThreshold and temperatureMap.data[i] > mc.treesMinTemperature then
It would make use of the mc.marshPercent that is not used for now.

Last edited:
PerfectWorld6 shows up for me in the World Builder menu, but not in the create game menu. Help! What has gone wrong?

PerfectWorld6 shows up for me in the World Builder menu, but not in the create game menu. Help! What has gone wrong?
Are you using Gathering Storm?

is it intended that there's a perfectworld6.zip file in the Maps folder?
haha, no not intended. but it shouldn't hurt anything.

Yes, which is why I was waiting for PerfectWorld6 to be updated for it - I have been using it since Civ V.

Dang. Why would it work for me and not for you? I'm a little stumped right now. Do you have a lot of mods? Where are your mods installed? Maybe when pokeihl is home from work he'll have an idea.

My mods install themselves in C:\Users\name\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\PerfectWorld6. I also have Fantastical Map Script in the same area, but it makes no difference if I disable that. (It works as intended). I also have Detailed Maps installed, I don't know where the files are; it works fine and if I disable that mod it makes no difference to PerfectWorld.

My mods install themselves in C:\Users\name\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\PerfectWorld6. I also have Fantastical Map Script in the same area, but it makes no difference if I disable that. (It works as intended). I also have Detailed Maps installed, I don't know where the files are; it works fine and if I disable that mod it makes no difference to PerfectWorld.

Reading this it seems you installed some mods (mainly "detailled worlds") by steam and others manually. I already had the same problem when mixing mods and you may try this :
- Remove PW6 from /mods
- Launch CIV6 and launch a game with a vanilla map
- Completly quit CIV6
- Install PW6 from Steam
- Start Civ6 and see if it's better

edit: and don't activate more than one map script at a time when starting a game

Last edited:
As far as I remember, ever since GS came out I have only installed mods from Steam. However, I tried your instructions and they worked! MANY thanks! (and keep up the good work).

As said before (see the posts) :
- Too much marsh (see the bug? in my previous post and the screen in an older one)
- Too much very short rivers (for now I'm trying mconst.riverPercent = 0.45 and mconst.minRiverLength = 7 and it seems better)
- Too much flood plains making some civs unplayable (I'm testing mconst.percentRiversFloodplains = 0.15 for now)

But it remains in my mind the better map generator that I know for now :)

I believe the marsh is working as intended. The more rainfall you have, there's an increasing chance to be marsh instead of jungle or forest, unless it should be snow instead.

Ok, no problem with that, as it's really a cool script I'll continue to use WaterWorld6 :)

Can anyone tell me which variable to raise/lower in order to reduce the number of desert tiles? When I make a change it just seems to increase the amount of deserts.

Can anyone tell me which variable to raise/lower in order to reduce the number of desert tiles? When I make a change it just seems to increase the amount of deserts.

mconst.desertPercent. Lower this and it will lower the amount of desert tiles. However there are other things that will influence the amount of desert, such as the amount of land that ends up at the horse latitudes. So it's possible to lower that and then still get more desert on the next map. Remember these maps are bigger than normal to allow for a lot of useless islands and land.

I'm playing 10 civ + 24 cs on huge @ marathon. I saved at turn 413. Not one problem. Knock on wood. Just, FYI, for the creators. Domination only, no score win allowed. I'll keep turn count posted. I like the "long" game.

My first game using it was not the best, in that I started on a continent with a near-straight coastline all the way from the south pole to the north. I note that there are variables to prevent big continents on the map edges - can you suggest settings to prevent a land mass completely blocking east-west navigation? It's a pain when you have no way to transfer naval assets from one coast to the other, except by going right round the globe.

My first game using it was not the best, in that I started on a continent with a near-straight coastline all the way from the south pole to the north. I note that there are variables to prevent big continents on the map edges - can you suggest settings to prevent a land mass completely blocking east-west navigation? It's a pain when you have no way to transfer naval assets from one coast to the other, except by going right round the globe.

Do you have a screenshot? I'd like to see what you mean

Top Bottom