Resource icon

PerfectWorld6 7

Is the elevation used in the script? On this screen you can see 10 plots of the main mountain range ( + some dispersed mountains) and there is 1 hill. Where is the country where 90% of the moutains sides are not hills but flat plains?

Continued a littel and found the Mount Cervin, giving me an advantage when Moving on the hills…

Attachments

• WhereAreTheHills.JPG
    WhereAreTheHills.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 474
  • MontCervin.JPG
    MontCervin.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Is the elevation used in the script? On this screen you can see 10 plots of the main mountain range ( + some dispersed mountains) and there is 1 hill. Where is the country where 90% of the moutains sides are not hills but flat plains?

Continued a littel and found the Mount Cervin, giving me an advantage when Moving on the hills…

State of Colorado is literally flat plains leading straight into the Rockies as you travel west. I think the script calculates elevation and utilizes it but deosn't consider hills to be the same thing as higher elevation.

There is an elevation map, but mountains in hills reflect differences in altitude, not actual altitude. For example, the Olympic Mountains next to Seattle are most assuredly mountains, yet the peak, at 8000 feet is actually lower than the lowest valley in Tibet. The hills might not be next to the mountains, but there should still be plenty for gameplay needs. Some hills are just really big, and look like mountains...:goodjob:

There is an elevation map, but mountains in hills reflect differences in altitude, not actual altitude. For example, the Olympic Mountains next to Seattle are most assuredly mountains, yet the peak, at 8000 feet is actually lower than the lowest valley in Tibet. The hills might not be next to the mountains, but there should still be plenty for gameplay needs. Some hills are just really big, and look like mountains...:goodjob:
I understand well concerning the relative altitude but I must be really unlucky because on most (near all) maps I generate the hills are very, very, very rarely sided with the mountains :D

And as I desesperatly try to play Incas, with terrace farms bonus beeing mainly on hills near a mountain, it is very frustating :p

For now I tried :
- Incas in planet marsh
- Incas of the jungle
But had no success so I would try Incas on mountains to see if the civ is interesting...

Else I'll retablish the initial script and will play Portugal or Kongo :D

In my mind valleys are like this :
Code:
M     M
 H  H
  PP
not like this :
Code:
M    M
 PPPP

Last edited:
I understand well concerning the relative altitude but I must be really unlucky because on most (near all) maps I generate the hills are very, very, very rarely sided with the mountains :D

You can try adjusting the level of hills a bit with mconst.hillsPercent, and perhaps lessen the influence of the mountain map, which is used to create mountain ranges, at mconst.mountainWeight

Here is a screen grab - game still in progress. It's impossible to sail from coast A to coast B without sailing right round the world, because of polar blockages at the two points marked with circles. I've seen this happen with the ordinary "continents" maps.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 422
Heheh, I assume you are the red guys. Maybe you can build a canal city down south? That would give you a big advantage. Yeah, there's nothing in PW that prevents the circumnavigation being blocked, what I do is send ships in both directions, you can still get the era score as long as exploration wraps around.

When this mod is enabled, I can’t play “flat maps” (no world wrap) with the Got Lakes? map script. Is this intended?
Thank you!

When this mod is enabled, I can’t play “flat maps” (no world wrap) with the Got Lakes? map script. Is this intended?
Thank you!
Can you use two map scripts at the same time then?

If PW is enabled and I start a game with Got Lakes?, I get a map which wraps the map around a cylinder, regardless of the -region, -world settings. These are ignored. I'm not sure if I'm actually playing a Got Lakes? map, though...
If PW is disabled in mods, the got lakes script generates a flat map (region option), as intended
I have to disable PW, as I prefer flat maps
I think there's a conflict...
It's not a big deal, I was just wondering

Heheh, I assume you are the red guys. Maybe you can build a canal city down south? That would give you a big advantage. Yeah, there's nothing in PW that prevents the circumnavigation being blocked, what I do is send ships in both directions, you can still get the era score as long as exploration wraps around.

It's not the circumnavigation that is the problem, it's the fact that if you build up a fleet on one coast of your empire you can't easily transfer it to the other.

It's not the circumnavigation that is the problem, it's the fact that if you build up a fleet on one coast of your empire you can't easily transfer it to the other.

Russia thinks that's a great problem to have. Just ribbin ya, usually large landmasses will touch a pole, sometimes they touch both. You never know. It's difficult to prevent without retreating a great deal from the poles. Come to think of it, this is adjustable by you. Check out this section:

mconst.northAttenuationFactor = 0.75
mconst.northAttenuationRange = 0.15 --percent of the map height.
mconst.southAttenuationFactor = 0.75
mconst.southAttenuationRange = 0.15

Set the factors to 1.0 and the range to 0.20 or so, or maybe just the south pole, or whatever.

I played a few games with PW6 and it's a great map script! Could maybe use a *touch* fewer rivers but I really like it

I was wondering about changing those values, but not sure what numbers to use. I'm trying it out.

I tried these:
mconst.northAttenuationFactor = 0.90
mconst.northAttenuationRange = 0.20 --percent of the map height.
mconst.southAttenuationFactor = 0.90
mconst.southAttenuationRange = 0.20

And got this:

Capture.PNG

- which is rather better. I will play around with more of these variables.

By the way, if I choose PerfectWorld as a base in WorldBuilder I get an error.

I'm playing with your script and I love it but in the map I generated I can't find a single thermal hex. Are those features generated in your script?

Yes, I have one in the most recent map I made. I don't think they are common though.

Top Bottom