Persians and Chichen Itza

TehGoat

Chieftain
Is it impossible to get chichen itza on immortal with the persians? I have tried so many times now my eyes are starting to bleed. I have tried beelining it, tried getting great library first thing for the free tech, mining the production around my capital while going stag. I'm normally able to get civil service but another civ completes chichen when I still have 15-20 turns left.

Any time before T110 is very possible on Standard.

Key is growth and getting National College ASAP. That means go tall, get 3 cities (preferably instead of 4) to make NC. Maybe try for Hanging Gardens as well (possible if you can make it before T80) and Petra (if you are by the desert). Else skip all other Wonders.

Most of the times I have tried the AI gets in around turn 40-50 sometimes a little later, But you guys say I should beeline NC first?

Most of the times I have tried the AI gets in around turn 40-50 sometimes a little later, But you guys say I should beeline NC first?

On standard speed, right? That sounds too early. Beeline to NC - absolutely. Oracle would be the only other wonder that could be built before NC.

Yeah, I would suggest GL + NC to get to Civil Service ASAP.

If you want to be safe, you could also go for the Liberty tree and try to complete it quickly (possibly with the Oracle). Then you can get a GE ready to rush Chichen Itza as soon as it is available.

However, I'm not sure how the timing of finishing Liberty works with entering Medieval with Civil Service.

Unless you get a cultural CS you likely won't finish Liberty for CI.

Also I've never seen AI get CI at T40-50. Can't be standard speed. Even on Diety that's way too quick.

GL is also too much of a gamble on Immortal. Usually it gets made T30-40. Unless you get lucky you can try your luck but only do so if you can make it under 15 or so. Or else it's just a waste of turns when you can make a granary or something.

This is the rout I was taking pottery>mining>writing, then I would start on the GL and while I was doing that I would work my way to CS and when the GL was finished I would use the free tech on drama and only have a couple techs to go for CS. But a few turns into building chichen its gets completed by another civ.

I could be wrong on the 40-50 turns that might have been the time for the GL. I did manage to get chichen once and that was only because I finished liberty tree right when I finshed CS so I just popped my GE........Then I got wrecked by the AI cuz they were mad..

Top Bottom