Pie's Ancient Europe

It's almost done! I'll finish the quotes today and add some last python things for the slaves. Only the strategy texts are open. Help out translating and PAE IV could probably be released this weekend(!):
PAE Text Tool

This is the greatest ancient-era mod I have ever played. Great job! :goodjob:

Pie, do you take requests for mods? I would like to see more mods from you in the future, because this mod proved to be very fun.

I've tried to install multiple versions of this mod (I try again when I see new versions releasd). Every time I get a ton of xml errors when the mod is loaded. Any ideas?

@Coffee: Request? Pffff. I still have to watch that my wife doesn't kill me for almost 3 years PAE modding.... perhaps with a second or third great modder.... but not in the early future. I really want to play PAE IV first :D going through all CIVs and MAPS :D yeah! I'll need several month for that, I think ....

@Wodan: perhaps an uncomplete download? the PAE mod has to be in the mods folder of the original installed files, not into My Games/..!

Hey PIE!! Just downloaded IV, haven't played through a game yet but it looks stupendous! Only issues I've run into is that my resolution (1024x768) causes some problems with the UI. Both the civic screen is too big as well as the new Great General XP counter overlaps the tech meter at the top of the UI. (see attachments)

Attachments

• civics.jpg
    civics.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 119
  • UI_overlap.jpg
    UI_overlap.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 95
Thank you Sir! I'm enjoying finding the new elements in 4, but is there a change log you could point me to? I managed to get the matriarch cult and have the unit to expand it, but I don't see the button to actually expand the cult to the new city when I move the unit there. Is there a new game mechanic involved in expanding the cults?

@Legba: thx.
civic screen: if I would know, how to set all columns into a scrolling bar, I could do, but I can't. Perhaps I got some help with that from a real python programmer.
general bar: oh, yes, this is sthg I can change! thx.

@naturalmwa: yes, I will translate all changes from the german forum and post it here, soon.
cult: it is like a BTS corporation, if you don't have at least one required bonus resource for that cult and 50 gold, you can't expand it into a new city.

I managed to get the matriarch cult and have the unit to expand it, but I don't see the button to actually expand the cult to the new city when I move the unit there.
Maybe you have to drop the civic Animism and adopt Funerary cult to get the cult working. ;)

hello pie_at,

great mod you got here,

i wanna ask, is PAE IV is released! really multiplayer compatible?

edit: this is truly a beautiful mod pie_at, its really built nicely, clean the carefully chosen art,
looks amazing, really.
one small thing i noticed - i play on windowed mode, and the civic screen wont show all the civics,
i recommend you down load the scroll civic screen, its just one py file that you need to replace, http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13457

Also,
have you ever considered using bbai?

i wanna ask, is PAE IV is released! really multiplayer compatible?
there appeared one problem, I will have to check it out next time!

bbai? if it's a dll I can't because of the MAC compatibility.

civic screen: I'd prefer only horizontal scrolling, but this is a good alternative. thanks!

Thank you, changing the civic solved the issue with the cults.
Great.

How to unlock religion techs? they are red to me when AI`s are catching theirs :(

pie_at,
hi,
humm.. bummer, i hope you can fix this soon, thanks.

ok, i can provide you with an older version i have - it allows 8 civics on the regular screen, im sure youll like it,
ill provide later on.

mac comp ability? changed dll wont work on mac?

kel.

Hi keldath, maybe you could help also by something else. There is a strange bug, that sometimes the AI is building workboats in an infinite loop. (when the workboat is completed, the next turn the AI disbands it and builds a new)
We have reduced the maximum number to 2 and did some XML-Changes for the workboat to increase the value for the AI, but there is only small success…

So, maybe the solution could be to bar the AI from disbanding the workboat. Do you know a way to do this, or anything else that could help? (Without changes in the dll, cause, like Pie said, this gets in the way with Mac compatibly).

@alexej: You can only research the religion, which is the historical correct religion for your civ (e.g. the Greek Gods with the Greeks, the Egyptians Gods with the Egyptians…)

Kel, I hope too!!
and yes, this would be great (only horizontal scrolling) !!!!

Yes, mac dlls work only if they are compiled on a mac, I think. and I have win only.

hey guys,

the work boat sounds like a very weird problem,
since this loop wont happen in un modded civ, we can assume that something in the mod causes the ai to do this.
i will take a look - maybe we can bypass this somehow, ill be happy to help.
maybe if you can even upload here a save game so i can can see the problem.

civic screen - it doesn't even need horizontal scroll - it feats all 8 civics in one screen - and its very nice, you'll see.

im going to sleep now, tomorrow i promise ill upload and take a look at the work boat.

Top Bottom