PIE's Ancient Mediterranean on Deity

What are the # of turns per turnset? I did 32 turns per as you've said. I see you did less. Change of mind? Not sure.

So:

1) Camp dense forest and then deer (or vice versa...health is not urgent)

2) Ag>Poly>Priest

3) Build 2 Hunter/2 Warrior scout party and send south. Maybe kill some animals near home first for food?

4) build 1 or 2 more warriors for MP/barbs

5) start building research

What are the # of turns per turnset? I did 32 turns per as you've said. I see you did less. Change of mind? Not sure.

Well, at that point we just wanted to get in Hunting, although I guess it really did not matter since we have to go Ag anyway.

I'll do about 20 more turns tonight. Game is so long, so 30 to 40t seems reasonable. Although we can always adjust depending on events and concerns, or do half sets to touch base. No rigid rules needed in that regard really.

So:

1) Camp dense forest and then deer (or vice versa...health is not urgent)

2) Ag>Poly>Priest

3) Build 2 Hunter/2 Warrior scout party and send south. Maybe kill some animals near home first for food?

4) build 1 or 2 more warriors for MP/barbs

5) start building research

Nice presentation. It makes easy answers:

1) I have thought about deer and I realize that dense may actually never grow over a deer. It is not actually about the health, but about the growth. I just realized it'll take 42 turns before size 3. Better improve that deer that is worth 5 :food: 1:hammers: and 1:commerce:. Almost the same, but favors growth.

2)Yes.
3)I think scouting is important somehow. We can always kill some deer with additional warriors. That is my opinion.
4)1 for MP. Barbs are not dangerous unless the borders. There is a trick to avoid losing a worker. It is still risky, but far less because it spans over a single turn.
Improve and bring your warrior. Once the worker feels the danger, you'll notice he has suddenly stopped improving on his own.

5)Hmmm not a bad suggestion. Perhaps more warrior first. The gain will be better if we got some for hunting. Then research. Research will only bring 1 :beaker:, which is weak.

Indeed, it makes a noticeable difference...that 1:science:. Since we got so few without immediate palace like regular games.

Okay...of to play.

Yeah, deer makes sense.

That extra research can pay off early though. Not sure how many warrior we want. We do have 2 in the West and I want to bring the Woody guy back a bit East , but that bear is icing him right now.

I also like to save some huts for an explore and join him to the hunting party later to popped them...more gold and maybe techs

Exploration also has to do with potential neighbours. For tech trading or better, slaves. On my story, you'll see how powerful those slaves are. Near the place I stopped playing, I was almost the world leader in stats.
With slaves, you can make utterly ugly cities productive!

ack..there's just bears freakin' everywhere.

We are Size 3 now. got some food from a couple of wolves and a deer down south. A warrior died so are hunting party is not formed. But I'm think we may need a couple more warriors in that group if we want it to get anywhere. My first Hunter was running for his life. (he's double strength/woody II now at least)

Spoiler :

Warrior in W is Woody II now. I tried to push him back E but he keeps running into bears...literally like bear on every tile. Bear Traps!

Ag is in

This wolf sniped the Hunter and retreated. Used warrior to get some food. So it seems wolves may have double movement in forest although I don't see that promo.

Yay..more BFC forest

Cap now...looking a bit better. Held worker turn as not sure we want to move to deer or forest to SE. Deer is actually more dangerous that I thought.

So this was weird, Hunter 1 escaped a Bear attack last turn and I get the seasoned Hunter event for Sentry promo, but he did not get the promo

Since I gained some bits of food for the city I favored food a bit more than hammers to get us to 3 sooner, so Hunting Party was slower to form. We have 2 hunters (1 hurt at present) and can get out more warriors fast.

Ze Wilds be Dangerous!

Attachments

• Boodycah lymoII BC-3360.CivBeyondSwordSave
    127.5 KB · Views: 189
Don't improve further! We have to recall all the time each improvement cost money. Now we are at -3 GPT with 27 :gold: of treasury. That means a weak 9 turns of full research. We need to get high priests before the next growth, so we can swap tribal council and high priests at once for only 1 turn of anarchy.

So basically, you got a superb hunter with W2 and bugged sentry. That is a shame. Sentry+W2 is perfect for long term survival.

It might be better to move (well I can do it in my turnset) the battlewise warrior 1N. It leads to better sight.

My mistake. No super promoted Woody2 hunter. It is the battlewise warrior which is woody.
I think I'll start using that warrior for exploration. Or better, the squad. That means no more need for sacrificial warrior.

You know, it may be a bug related to the withdrawal mechanic of the Hunter, since he is "destroyed" and then escapes. Maybe you have to actually win the battle to get the promo.

Ah...I noticed we got a new Dense forest on the last turn to the north. We may end up with every non-resource tiles forested. Not sure about swampland though.

We do have one WII Hunter...he is very hurt at present

Good luck getting WII warrior back east. I keep doing 1 movement point peaks and see tons of bears and a Urus.

My one complaint is that animals are way too strong or Hunters just not buffed enough against them. I mean you already have a 5 strength Bear with a 50% forest attack. That's insane.

You're right. The fact he is destroyed probably neutralized the event. Sentry event doesn't require a fight I think.

You're not forced to stay (I know it is starting to get late), but I'll play my turnset now. I can't way to see in details those highly improved units. Stupid Urus. We got to have it!!! If you see his stats, that beast is crazy. It even involves collateral damages. C'mon.

Did you know both animals and the hunter unit heals while moving. That means I can go one tile to and fro to see what awaits us. Or even keep going, but that means slower healing because outside borders.

The promo is called wildlife.

My one complaint is that animals are way too strong or Hunters just not buffed enough against them. I mean you already have a 5 strength Bear with a 50% forest attack. That's insane.

You'll be surprised how promotions help. The only problem is we need to kill the bear outside a forest tile. I have seen one of my ultra promoted hunter capable to kill a bear at >60% plus some probs of escaping. That's nuts for a starting 2 :strength: unit. Originally hunters were 3 :strength: units, but now they got downgraded but with an additional modifier just like scouts in BTS, 50% against animals. It is still a downgrade because PIE clearly doesn't understand how combat works. Strength line is weaker on 2 than 3 :strength:.

Still abusive animals, but he wanted to create forced isolation and stops people exploring the whole world with a sole warrior. The auroch is demential and unjustifiable to me. Anyways, it is not competitive play anyways.

Noooo! Why?!

Spoiler :

yeah, i knew that, but it seems some animals have double movement in forests so you can still get sniped. Or I'm just not seeing something.

I'm a night owl so I'll be up for a bit, but messing around. You can just play on, but be careful. Honestly, I expect to see a lot of our units die. There is like an animal on every tile literally.

Oh.. I did spot a hut I think 2S1SW of the party. I almost got to it but...you know...bears

At least once you get double moves you can walk around those Aurochs, but really they are just nonsense.

Top Bottom