Pillaging gives health after the patch

One thing that botters me is that Why can't defenders pillage their own improvement for healt?

Because that would be too open to abuse... pillage/heal/pillage/heal etc... they have been shrewd this time, and stopped an exploit before it happened.

Because that would be too open to abuse... pillage/heal/pillage/heal etc... they have been shrewd this time, and stopped an exploit before it happened.
It's exploitive in the way it is already. AI can't handle immortal melee units. I like the idea, unfortunately, it gives human player an unfair advantage. At least that's what I've witnessed so far in my two post patch games.

alot? why would u say that, dont u improve tiles early on?
always have a lux worked to sell at the very least

I noticed in my last game that you are able to repair pillaged improvements on AI's land. Using are captured worker or just bringing our own with your army gives you a big edge when capturing cities. On standard speed it takes 2 turns to repair an improvement and if you select your worker and click the repair button again, you can finish repairing in the beginning of that second turn (at least with liberty improvement build speed boost). This means extra 25hp every other turn.

Not sure if you can do it on all improvements but it works at least on strategic resources based on my experience.
However this feels a bit cheesy and not intended so tried not to exploit it too much :)

With the Pyramids and Citizenship, doesn't it go down to 1 turn? Maybe I'll have to try that . . .

Top Bottom