Pitboss game within the team

Mauer said:
BC, it's neither hair nor thair.

i corrected it for you Mauer.

Dave...Do you think you could have won if Rm was removed early in teh Dave/grs war? Just wonderign if that was a flaw in our plans.

RegentMan was pretty key in funding my beeline to cannons. I would probably have gotten them 10 turns later without him. That may have been enough to tip the balance, if you took him out before declaring war on grs.

But strategically, the cost/benefit of removing him didn't make sense. (As Tubby found out.)

I was a bit surprised that you (robbbo) didn't focus on naval superiority. That would have protected you from the threat of counterattack and allowed you to avoid cannons. And you could terrorize my whole coast, instead of just RegentMan's city.

The war wasn't well planned or coordinated imho. Part of that i would put down to the large number of people to coordinate.

In the end i think the deciding factor in the war was that first round of fighting. grs got very lucky with the RNG, first against me, then Whomp and Mauer. Our first wave ended up going nowhere which gave grs time to reinforce before we could get a second wave in postion, but then it became a hard slog to get through grs. All this gave Dave plenty of time to prepare himself for when we actually got to him. I really believe had that 1st wave gone as expected we would have cut through grs in half the time and had more troops to throw at dave, which might have given a different outcome

Dave...I allowed Tubby to try to naval superiority..completely trusting him to protect me and destroy RM. This was mainly due to how far he had to walk troops to battle you.

Planning would have helped in the war like not declaring till all of us were in position...timing seemed to be lacking on most of the wars I fought in.

As a spectator, I was often wishing that I could've been in this game, since it sounded so incredibly awesome. I hope theres another one, and that I can join in the action.

I just finally got caught up, not having check in a couple of weeks. Wow! Congratulations to all who survived to the end. What a game :)

If there ever is another in the future, I might have a go at it - it seems I'd learn quite a lot!

I had some personal stuff that came up rather suddenly and stopped me from playing out my last turns for this :/ It kind of sucks to have come so far and then be unable to play out the end. I suppose that is life though.

Good game guys.

Wow, that ended quite a bit faster than I had expected.

It would have been a lot different if I'd reloaded back after the week-long trip to Seattle in March. Certain civs were on AI at the time and thus continued to grow while the rest of us who hadn't set queues lost 8 turns or so of production. That early in the game, 8 turns is the difference between elimination and flourishing.

The revelation that some of the "slow players" weren't loggin in at all for an even longer time was a bit of a shock.

I'm going to take it down now, but if anyone still wants to get in and see their empire one last time, just send a PM. It's been a pleasure hosting such a great game, even if I did have an early exit and some tech problems along the way.

Also, a big :thanx: to all those who invited me to fill in from time to time. I really appreciated the chance to stay connected with the game. It was a bit weird to have played for Tubby at one point, and then to get an opportunity to "war" against him later. I was kinda in on the civ merger deal, too bad it was too little too late. :sad:

yeah thanks dave, is there anyway you could send me the save, i wouldnt mind checking other peoples civs out but im gonna wait until i get some better parts before i end up killing the comp :D

Thanks again Dave:goodjob:

My password is redstar for those who are interested

Thanks DAve..

As far as my goals were survival from the start. I started in a tundra rich environment and met George and Robboo really early and we formed a pact from the get go.

We were aiming for Permanent alliance, but that didn't seem to be enabled once we got the techs for it. So we just went at it blindly, non of us really knowing how to handle so many diplomacy fronts, plus there are game aspects that I don't fully grasp yet. So I was surprised I lasted as long as I did. It seems as though you can't keep a clean nose in such a large game unless you die early. I think that I was the one that initiated the peace talks with Dave. I had focused so much on infrastructure that I didn't have many forces and then those were wiped out in my failed attempt to kill off Regentman.

After the big peace after the big war, Sigma hadn't logged on in a month. We needed him to move his units a few times to cover wounded ones and he never did. I sent him emails and PM's with no response. Since Robi had been threatening, I decided to strike before he did. Then all else was pretty much here in this thread.

After being eliminated, it was my goal to stir the pudding constantly to get some wars started. I really wanted to see some nukes. :gripe:

my password is moron

Yes if you open up the game as tubby you get to look at a pitch black screen:lol:

whats your password robboo, your the only one not to spill the beans.

Although i must say daves placement of spies means i can see nearly everything in the game. I guess Mauer just wasn't big enough to warrant one

was there any other islands out there? I assume that someone got satelittes and revealed the world map.

nope, not even a tile, which means there was no marble on the map.

OK here it is...i adjusted it once you guys starting talking about cracking passwords. I no longer use suck complicated stuff. yeah come see the worlds worse army except for RM.

121beth418us

Tubby..I was building to get you a screen shot of a nuke hit on RM. There are no islands.

Dave had a how bucket load of workers I think my spy counted over 20 before goign on to cause havoc in Rm land...in one more turn. dammit.

What I found most interesting looking at Dave's save was the detail. Workers, workers and more workers, in one area cottages, the next farms (GP's I presume) and another workshops with slight starvation.
Maybe Dave could let us mere mortals understand his thinking on development.

Top Bottom