Pitboss router and other questions?

atomannj

Chieftain
If I start pitboss on my pc how would someone connect to the game if I have a router connected to a cable modem. So in other words my pc has one ip address but my IP address from the cable provider is something else. Would I just provide my cable provider ip and they should see the server?

Does pitboss take up alot of system resources? Is it easy to run in the background? How do most users setup their server for play? (play by mail or simultaneous turns)

I saw an option to connect to gamespy. Is that a good method to run the server?

If I start pitboss on my pc how would someone connect to the game if I have a router connected to a cable modem. So in other words my pc has one ip address but my IP address from the cable provider is something else. Would I just provide my cable provider ip and they should see the server?

Does pitboss take up alot of system resources? Is it easy to run in the background? How do most users setup their server for play? (play by mail or simultaneous turns)

I saw an option to connect to gamespy. Is that a good method to run the server?

Forget GameSpy. I don't know about the router thing; but to answer your other questions:

I'm running a PitBoss session right now and it's taking 8.5k of process resources; this reply through internet explorer is taking 20.8k.

Anything other than simultaneous play is basicall a PBEM.

If you have a network and run a firewall you might want to look into running a Hamachi Network. It solves host firewall issues.

If you run a firewall you need to open port 2056.

Wow, pitboss works out great. My buddy was able to see me on gamespy and the memory impact is low around. I like the fact we can play for a few hours and play off on during the week while it runs.

Top Bottom