Plantation on Cocoa = less food?

(...)The hill is +2 production, the cocoa is +1 food and +1 gold, and the plantation appears to add +1 gold, for a total yield of 31 food, 2 production, two gold.

My question is, does the plantation really not add any food until fertilizer? I would have thought a cocoa plantation would add at least +1 food +1 gold, not just +1 gold.

Fixed a minor but important mistake in what you wrote about the cocoa-on-hill yield (I think!?).

To answer your question: Yes, plantation only adds +1 Gold on Cocoa. Yet another half-assed Jungle-resource job done by Firaxis, clearly they didn't think this through properly.

It does, but when the plantation is on a hill, you get no kind of food after you clear the jungle on the hill you get no kind of extra food that you get when a plantation is on a grass or ground tile.

Well.... its not that we really eat chocolate as food but rather as a snack. This actually makes sense to me.

Well.... its not that we really eat chocolate as food but rather as a snack. This actually makes sense to me.
I can follow you reasoning from a logic pov. From a gameplay pov, however, I really dislike the asymmetry between the resources, in this case Citrus vs. Cocoa. But then again, maybe Citrus should just have been a bonus resource in the first place.

I'd say that chocolate, or cocoa is somewhat healthy in a way?

It's still Citrus 0.9 or something, since it doesn't benefit from Sun God, which Citrus does.

I can follow you reasoning from a logic pov. From a gameplay pov, however, I really dislike the asymmetry between the resources, in this case Citrus vs. Cocoa. But then again, maybe Citrus should just have been a bonus resource in the first place.

A simple way to solve this would have been for the devs to patch the Chocolate House from Conquest of the New World Deluxe into the game. A mid-game luxury enhancing building would fill a niche.

Top Bottom