Play Chess as a Regular Forum

Narz

keeping it real
Hey, could the "Play Chess" forum become a regular forum again instead of a sub-forum?

No, it doesn't have much activity and we have a very long forum list. Besides, it's better to play on sites like Yahoo Games and other online chess places.

In 2005 the chess subforum was getting 1 or 2 posts a week, at most. Now it's getting about 50 or 60.

I humbly request the case be reopened! :D

It doesn't seem like many people play, play chess. I never even heard of it before. (Play Chess that it, I've heard of Chess).

American Empire

How about no! No more creating subforums and other junk!

Besides, the case is ultimately up to Thunderfall himself.

It doesn't seem like many people play,
About three-dozen people who post in Off-Topic do.

play chess. I never even heard of it before. (Play Chess that it, I've heard of Chess).
That's because the sub-sub-forum is so hard to find.

How about no! No more creating subforums and other junk!
It wouldn't be "creating" anything. It already used to be a subforum & got downgraded to a sub-sub-forum a few years ago.

Besides, the case is ultimately up to Thunderfall himself.
That's why I put it in "Site Feedback" and not CivGeneral's PM box. :p

It wouldn't be "creating" anything. It already used to be a subforum & got downgraded to a sub-sub-forum a few years ago.
What's the problem in keeping it the way it is?

That's why I put it in "Site Feedback" and not CivGeneral's PM box. :p
Lame :rolleyes:.

Basically, it's all up to Thunderfall. He's the administrator and he is the only one who can create forums on this board. I'd talk to him instead of posting things back and forth at one another....

Narz has a done a great job bringing life back to the chess forum - and forming a CFC chess team - currently undefeated.

Its time to recognise that and promote Chess (with Narz as mod - I'm not sure Matrix is around much in these parts any more, and Smash is long gone)

It is a true chess forum. In fact thanks to my finding it several months ago I have renewed my love for chess and check in here daily. Narz is responsible for making this forum possible.

Our CFC team on chess.com is very alive and undefeated.

I vote to make it a true subforum.:goodjob:

stwils

I second azzaman333's suggestion. rename it Chess and put it under other games. we can discuss chess variants in it too for those interested.

It gets my posts per day than many other subforums, therefore it should be a subforum. :)

I'm not really for or against this idea, but chess doesn't have much to do with Civ, unlike everything else in the Other Games section: similar 'empire-building' games (GalCiv, Total War, Rise of Nations), a connection to Sid (SMAC, Railroads) or Soren (Spore), or a different take on the empire-building thing (NES).

If anything, Pirates! should be a subforum.

Pirates doesn't have that much to do with Civ either (other than that's it's a Sid Meier game).

To me it's like Off Topic or Humor & Jokes, not specifically to due with Civ but a way where many of the people who don't even play Civ anymore can be retained as part of the forum & bond. :)

Basically, it's all up to Thunderfall. He's the administrator and he is the only one who can create forums on this board. I'd talk to him instead of posting things back and forth at one another....

This forum (SF) is for this sort of public discussion. PMing TF doesn't allow for any public discussion.

I second azzaman333's suggestion. rename it Chess and put it under other games. we can discuss chess variants in it too for those interested.

"Chess" under "Other Games" sounds like a good idea!

Top Bottom