Playable Byzantines in RFC 600AD

India founding 5/7 of the world's religions isn't really historical either.
I think that that is not right either and should be changed. It is almost historical since the founded Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. That is still 4 and not 5. For the Byzantines, conquering Europe and Turkey is not even slightly historical, it was the opposite. Byzantium should spawn at 395 AD.

I think that that is not right either and should be changed. It is almost historical since the founded Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. That is still 4 and not 5. For the Byzantines, conquering Europe and Turkey is not even slightly historical, it was the opposite. Byzantium should spawn at 395 AD.

There are plenty of ahistorical UHVs. No French, British or Dutch in the Americas for Spain? Rome survives until 1400 without losing a city to the barbarians? Germany conquers Britain? The Inca survive and drive the Spanish out? 30% of the world is Buddhist, or 40% is Muslim?

Follow-up: UHVs are goals specific to the Civ that fit with their historical background, not what they were able to accomplish historically. Greece did not circumnavigate the world, for example, but Rhye said Alexander the Great aimed to traverse Ocean, the river encircling the known world. Germany didn't conquer most of Europe, but some Germans wanted such a German hegemony over Europe. Et cetera, et cetera. And sometimes it's not out of want, but "befittingness" like the Indian religions one.

Are you out of your mind?!
This is not historical and almost impossible.

Well i based my UHV in something fun xD

As far as i now the Holy Roman Empire as a big rival of the Byzantines, and the Arabians and Turkish people took all what left of the Roman Empire... so it is a good objective to kill them.

And conquering all of Europe is like retaking all of the Roman Empire... :crazyeye: and you need to remember that Byzantine in the 600 AD starts very strong so this isn't impossible, just keep the capitals and move on in your killing spree :goodjob:

:)

you need to remember that Byzantine in the 600 AD starts very strong so this isn't impossible, just keep the capitals and move on in your killing spree :goodjob:

:)
The Byzantines had no chance of killing them, it should be like that in the Game. The Byzantines should spawn with many cities and Greece and Egypt as vassals in 395 AD. In 600, the Arabs take many of their cities and the Byzantines become much weaker. Then, their unique power (I made it up)- the power of being so powerful, relations with other civs begin with annoyed instead of cautious. The other civs will declare war on the Byzantines more often, so it is harder to play as them.

The Byzantines had no chance of killing them, it should be like that in the Game. The Byzantines should spawn with many cities and Greece and Egypt as vassals in 395 AD. In 600, the Arabs take many of their cities and the Byzantines become much weaker. Then, their unique power (I made it up)- the power of being so powerful, relations with other civs begin with annoyed instead of cautious. The other civs will declare war on the Byzantines more often, so it is harder to play as them.

If you want the Byzantines in from the 3000 AD the best way to do it is with a Dynamic way i think =\ Early in the game assing an AI civ with lots of bonuses ( China, India, Rome, Carthage, etc ) and make so that that civs expand like hell without worring about stability problems... until 400 AD... them the civ is slip between the original one and Byzantium. This would be a cool way to do, since you never know where and when you are going to spawn :lol:

Making Byzantine like the others civs doesn't work, they are too diferent and arent even a "civilization" ( imho )

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started postin'
Not knowin' what it was
And they'll continue postin' forever just because!
(repeat ad infinitum.)

Here's what I think is a reasonable goal (for the 600 AD start):

-Control Egypt, Italy and the Levant in 1200. (3 cities in Italy, 3 cities in Egypt, 2 cities in the Levant, the Italy map would be the Roman spawn area and Egypt the Egyptian spawn area)
-Destroy Turkey by 1500.
-Spread Christianity to 60% of the world (realistic because it naturally spreads to 40%+)

Here's what I think is a reasonable goal (for the 600 AD start):

-Control Egypt, Italy and the Levant in 1200. (3 cities in Italy, 3 cities in Egypt, 2 cities in the Levant, the Italy map would be the Roman spawn area and Egypt the Egyptian spawn area)
-Destroy Turkey by 1500.
-Spread Christianity to 60% of the world (realistic because it naturally spreads to 40%+)
1- Control Carthage and Rome by 1100 AD. (Not Egypt since that is going to be one of their vassals from the begining, and Greece :) )
2- Not destroy Turkey, it was the other way around.
3- Instead of 60%, how about 14 Christian nations.

Why are we talking about this, when we get some really good modders, we can argue about it.

I also like Edungeon's idea. How about the largest and unstable civ gets split in half and one half becomes Byzantium.

Just for the 600 AD:

1. Make Constantinopole the most cultural and populous city in 1200 AD
2. Control the core area of 5 different civs in 1200 AD
3. Control Italy, Carthage and Spain in 1500 AD

The 2 one is a little random and difficult to pull off, I mean, if I hold the Middle East is that Bablyon, Arabia and Persians, or just Arabia...?

The final one makes sense I guess, though I think your times are soo far off it makes little sense...

I'd prefer something to include religion as they pushed that through there.

Except (god bless) America of course.

Not even close (we get the oil but we trade an arm and a leg for it). Unless you change the 3rd criteria to: Build 50 windmills.

Americans have been manipulating the Middle East and its oil resources for many years. America may not control the soverign territory but they do control the oil resources. And when a regime gets in their way and blocks their oil interests, they invade in the name of WOMD, even though they set up the regime in the first place.

1- Control Carthage and Rome by 1100 AD. (Not Egypt since that is going to be one of their vassals from the begining, and Greece :) )
2- Not destroy Turkey, it was the other way around.
3- Instead of 60%, how about 14 Christian nations.

Why are we talking about this, when we get some really good modders, we can argue about it.

I also like Edungeon's idea. How about the largest and unstable civ gets split in half and one half becomes Byzantium.

Why on Earth would we have Egypt and Greece become their vassals? First off, this is for the 600 AD start; having the Byzantines "spawn" in the 3000 BC start is beyond stupid. Secondly, neither Greece nor Egypt was ever a Byzantine vassal. They were integral parts of the Byzantine Empire, or they were conquered by foreign nations; there wasn't even an Exarch in Egypt the way there was one in Italy. Thirdly, destroying Turkey makes perfect sense--it's the reverse of history, much as "drive everyone out" is in the UHVs of all of the Native American civs. Logically, the Byzantines should have to detsroy Turkey to survive, much as the Turks must capture Constantinople to survive.

Then lets have them for 600 AD.
1- Conquer Egypt, Carthage, and Rome by 1300.
2- Constantinople is the most cultural and populated city in the world at 1300.
3- Make sure that there are 14 Christian nations.
Their spawn area is the Balkans and Asia minor. 3 cities flip to them and they get 2 settlers. All of the cities that are Byzantine in the present version should be made independent.They should get about as many units as France. Does anyone know a good unique power?

I think one obvious UHV would be to recreate the Roman Empire at its full extention (unlike Rome's UHV) within the Middle Age, and maintain it until Nationalism.

Constantinople the most cultural city sounds old... too many other civs have it. But I think Byzantium should have a "control certain wonders" goal.

having the Byzantines "spawn" in the 3000 BC start is beyond stupid.

Why, sir ?

It's very easy if implemented how I proposed, and certainly far from stupid.

Top Bottom