PLAYERS!! .. Warlords pitboss game with power sessions.

zenspiderz

Just some bloke..

A new Pitboss Warlords game will be starting soon. Want to play?

To play you MUST be available on Wednesday 7-10ish (PM) BST (8-11 GMT) for power sessions.

To circumvent firewall issues during power sessions we will be using hamachi free software to establish a secure virtual private network. Go to www.hamachi.cc for info and download.

All victory conditions enabled, default options.

Map size will depend on the number of players.

Map type will be decided by you the players through a vote.

If you are 100% certain you want to play and can reliably turn up on wed evening for power sessions every week (or so) then post your 1st and 2nd choice civ and your prefered map type. In addition you can PM me your the email address with which you wish to recieve game communications and turn notifiers.

UPDATE .. I forgot game speed .. Since this game will be predicated on regular power sessions it will be reasonable and fun to go wth epic .. any objections?

Player roster so far..

zenspiderz - Wang Kon - Korea
TElawrence - Hannibal - Carthage
Rael - Mansa Musa - Mali
The Great Apple - random
brotherlone - Tokugawa - Japan
Kaisu - Churchill - England

Zen, I'm up for it.

First choice would be Ragnor, second choice Shaka ;)

You have all my other details

Cheers

Me too - either Carthage or Persia. And preferred map type would be fractal, really - I like things unpredictable

7-10 GMT in the morning or evening? For me that's the differnce of still in bed or in the middle of my best possible gaming hours!

Fosse said:
7-10 GMT in the morning or evening? For me that's the differnce of still in bed or in the middle of my best possible gaming hours!

That would be 7-10 post meridiem (after noon) or pm to you. How is that for you? Given that you are in one of the US time zones this time is late morning or early afternoon for you so I hope you are not still in bed then! Lazy bones. :)

Fosse said:
That's perfect! I would like to be Hannibal, if I could.

Sorry Hannibal is taken.. Do you have a second preference?

I can't help but notice that every player so far has requested a civ with financial as one of its traits...

zenspiderz (me) - Wang kon - financial/protective
mickyj - Ragnor - financial/aggressive
TElawrence - hannibal - financial/charismatic
Rael - Mansa Musa - financial/spiritual
fosse - 1st request was also for hannibal..

Well in the interest of a balanced game I'd switch to Persia or Catherine (Russia), if one or two others would switch with me, so that I'm not up against a whole bunch of financial enemies - I mean, players...

I saw TELawrence had two picks, otherwise I would have avoided Hannibal. I can always look again, but I already have a lot of Warlords leaders picked in other games I have set up and would like to avoid double picks. It is a funny truth though, that we all did that.

TELawrence said:
Well in the interest of a balanced game I'd switch to Persia or Catherine (Russia), if one or two others would switch with me, so that I'm not up against a whole bunch of financial enemies - I mean, players...

You can play hannibal if you like. I don't think it is a problem if we all have financial civs except that if everyone is financial then in a sense we will all have only one not two civ traits.

I like playing korea a lot but I have some idea I might like to play the turks for a change.

I think fosse is quite keen on playing hannibal however first come first served and you chose first.

The great apple has signed up for a random civ .. would be quite amusing if that random civ turned out to be elizebeth or hyan pac .. (another financial?!)

Not to be a stinker, but two players above laid claims to two civs, saying X or Y. Lawrence said Hannibal or Cyrus, and I chose one of those because it's my first choice. If that's no good, I'll pick again, but I wasn't ignoring anything.

:) It's no biggie, just explaining why I made that choice.

Fosse said:
Not to be a stinker, but two players above laid claims to two civs, saying X or Y. Lawrence said Hannibal or Cyrus, and I chose one of those because it's my first choice. If that's no good, I'll pick again, but I wasn't ignoring anything.

:) It's no biggie, just explaining why I made that choice.

OK .. Not to worry.. I asked players for their first and second choice civ. When TElaw.. said hannibal or cyrus I made the assumption that the first civ he mentioned was his first preference and the second civ was his alternate..

Assuming TELawence wants to hang on to hannibal who would you like to play?

Lol. you're right. I didn't notice you said 1st and 2nd. Very well. My First choice is Hannibal, my Second choice is for (you're going to love this): Cyrus. No joke. ;) Lawrence, you get to pick for both of us by virtue of having posted first. ;)

Regarding Epic... I'm not in favor of playing an Epic game. Power sessions can still yield lengthy games. Also, today's Edit also changes the Power session from initial to regular. This may represent a signifigant change for many players. Though I can probably do the Wednesday slot regularly, it may not be the case for everyone. We know first hand how tough it can be to coordinate a group's schedule after they have been formed. :)

Fosse said:
Regarding Epic... I'm not in favor of playing an Epic game. Power sessions can still yield lengthy games. Also, today's Edit also changes the Power session from initial to regular. This may represent a signifigant change for many players. Though I can probably do the Wednesday slot regularly, it may not be the case for everyone. We know first hand how tough it can be to coordinate a group's schedule after they have been formed. :)

I intended from the beginning that power sessions would occur every wednesday (except when on occasion one or more players cannot make it.) I see that I did not make that very clear though. I want this game to proceed at a snappy pace from beginning to end.

I thought that, given regular power sessions, even on epic the game should finish months (even years!) ahead of a 1 turn per day deal :crazyeye: set to normal or quicker...

BTW (to all players) no one has stated a map type pref except for one. As it stands then we will have a fractal map.

Fractal is fine for me. We'll need to set a "quorum" decision about future sessions, I think. Hopefully 100% of us can do 100% of Wednesdays, but that's not a realistic expectation. Some people will have to have the AI, or a sub, play for them some sessions. It's also worth drawing up rules for interacting with a player's civ who is under AI control at the time.

I like Fractal maps.

Top Bottom