PlayYourTurn.com -- Successor Site to CivStats: Track Pitboss Games Online!

Just a little bump here ... but I'm thinking of hosting a game for the first time, and want to know the pros and cons of using PlayYourTurn over CivStats.

There are several reasons why I'd suggest it:

1. IP Address auto-updates as Pitboss sends events, so players always know it.
  2. Graphs that automatically update every turn, as scores change.
  3. Richer diplomacy system (new!)
  4. Constantly Updated (CivStats hasn't had major updates in many months)
  5. Still Under Development - Feature Requests Make it in to the live site

But as I mentioned in the original post, there is nothing stopping you from running the CivStats and PlayYourTurn uploader at the same time, to compare them side by side.

Let me know how it goes if you decide to use the site.

Support for multiple Pitboss Servers has been added to a new beta version of the Uploader Tool. I am currently recommending that existing games stick with version 1.03, but if you're interested in running more than one Pitboss Server on a machine, or if you're just interested in helping to test the nest version, give version 1.04m a shot.

Related News Article: http://www.playyourturn.com/?p=198

As civstats.com is currently down, but the playyourturn.com uploader 1.05 doesn't run on Linux with wine, I'm in trouble.

How may I help with debugging?

When I try to invoke the uploader:
Code:
$ wine pyt-uploader.exe
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No permission

$
Nothing happens.
(Alsa failure can be ignored. There is no sound device configured in the server.)
Perhaps a "-v" verbose option for pyt-uploader.exe that just prints what's going on to stdout could be a first step to track this down.

(I'm running wine-1.0.1-174-gc4039bd on Debian lenny Linux 2.6.26-2-686, 32 bit. As far as I remember I didn't install Internet Explorer or any DLLs.)

Greetings
Redarg

Top Bottom