Please insert the Civilization III: Conquests CD-ROM, select OK and restart applicati

voodoocat

Finally ok with Arizona
When I try to start Conquests I get the error "Please insert the Civilization III: Conquests CD-ROM, select OK and restart application"

List of troubleshooting steps:

- Ran repair option on install
- Removed Conquests and reinstalled
- Disabled Daemon Tools
- Uninstalled Daemon Tools
- Disabled all on the startup tab in msconfig
- Installed latest patch for all 3 versions of CIV
- Tried a different CD-ROM drive

When I first insert the Conquests CD I don't get the option to play the game. Only install. I'm at a loss here. There is no reason

Have you tried loading the game from it's directory versus the desktop shortcut? Just to ensure the Drive can read the CDROM...
Is this the english version? What are your system specs...?

Originally posted by rhikdavis
Have you tried loading the game from it's directory versus the desktop shortcut? Just to ensure the Drive can read the CDROM...
Is this the english version? What are your system specs...?
English version

I tried from the directory installed on C:\

I also tried loading from the executable on the CD-ROM. That gets the CD spinning but the same error.

Did you immunize your boot sector against changes? As far as I remember, the copy protection saves some data in it.
So, if you run a virus scanner during installation which prohibits changes to be boot sector or would re-change it afterwards, that could be a reason.

This just started happening with my game:mad: before I could play my game but now I can't?

I had a similar problem and from looking into it there seem to be two main causes either your CD drive is incompatible with SD.... in which case you are screwed. Or that you have obsolete pirate ware on your computer which you need to disable or completely uninstall.
It could be by bizarre chance that both your CD drives are incompatible with SD so you may want to check SDs web site. Or that you have some pirate stuff on your PC from an ill spent youth that you have forgotten about, that you need to clear out.

or possibly you patched Civ and PTW after you installed Conquests, this happened to me, the only alternative is to patch Civ and PTW before installing conguests

Top Bottom