Please post screenshot from Colonization here.

Yoda Power

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫
I have never seen Colonization so i would be glad to see some screenshots from the game.:)

The tax rate is really around 10 %. Why it says 0 % is beyond me.

And from another game as the English; The City Screen:

Is the map really that crude, graphically?
I remember it to be somewhat more sophisticated (maybe just wishfull thinking)... Or is that the windows-version (I think I had the Dos-version....) :confused:

nope, this is the one. It's a very old game you know ;) Maybe you're confusing it with civ 1? It's still a very nice game, even without hardcore graphics

Actually the MAC version looks crisper and doesn't have horrendus bugs. That and Civilization (original) are the only reasons why I keep my POS 132 around.

Even my PC version is much crisper and neater than that... and with the patch is bug-free. If someone'd tell me how to save a screenshot, I'd be happy to post one...

Originally posted by JoeBas
Even my PC version is much crisper and neater than that... and with the patch is bug-free. If someone'd tell me how to save a screenshot, I'd be happy to post one...

IIRC just press Alt + Print Screen and then open paint and click Shift + Insert.... that worked for me anyways. If it doesnt work with Alt + Print Screen, try without the Alt, or replace it with Shift or Ctrl...

How do you do to take a screenshot of the map ?
It didn't workd for me :(

Oh how do I miss that view. I only have the windows version working. Some sugar you got there. Trying to make drunkards out of indians are we?

The windows version. It's ugly compared to the original :)

Wow, I didn't know the Windows version looked that good! :eek: I remember I've seen the Windows version of Civ1 and was quite disappointed by it.

Make me wonder why didn't they keep the original DOS graphics in the Windows version of Civ1...

Rheinmetall, nice core. ;)

hmmmm, call me strange but I prefer the DOS version graphics.

The windows ones are just a little too...... Microsoft? :p

(I am perfectly aware that DOS is also microsoft, but not in the same way)

How do you play the windows version? Is it from the same cd-rom, or do you need something completely else?
I play Col via colonize.bat in the directory. It starts the cruder looking version. I want to try that prettier version too!

Wow I have to say that the Windows version looks very clean . I had no idea there were actualy different versions of colonization.

I have three origional disks of which of course dont work anymore , and the Colonization I use is Ver 2.25 on a Cruicial entertainment CD/Rom

Nice to see that the Windows version has'nt left the same general appearance of the DOS version.

How could a Colonization II ever materialize when the fanbase masses would rather the game be based on the origional.

It's like Hoping the Vauxhall Astra MK2 would be brought back again , very popular among the Col fans but unfortunately little chance of a sequal.

Is the Windows version deleted now or can you still get it in the shops i.e computer gaming stores. ?

Nash_olization

honestly, I think the graphics are pleasing and quaint. Particularly for the figures.

This is my bestest, most awesomest game. pardon the silly kiddiespeak names in there. I hesitate to call it 100% legit, because I chopped down all the forests near my cities to get a peak at the goodies underneath, and reloaded the game. But I had a good start of sacking aztecs with cortez and rush-building universities, and buying a big navy to quickly transport assets between the colonies. some weird things happened when I hit the unit limit. One of them was this: when I got the "A unit could not be created..." message, i could cram more faculty into the universities, surpassing their natural limits just so--

I attached the save, if you want to look at the phenomenon.

Attachments

• COLONY00.SAV
    31.8 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom