Polar Natural Wonders

Mesix

The Allfather
I don't think I have ever seen this before...and here it happened twice in the same game!

There were several CS quests to find a new wonder, but I had already discovered the entire Pangaea landmass and sailed for several tiles in every direction. Eventually I found Gibralter near the north pole! Shouldn't there be a straight somewhere near Gibralter?
Spoiler :

...and a few turns later I found the Great Barrier Reef near the south pole! I guess it is made from frozen coral?
Spoiler :

Krakatoa is the worst offender in my games. In virtually all of my games, Krakatoa is at the extreme, far sides of the worlds. Often times nobody can even access it because there's no way to build a city near enough to get it in your borders.

Then there's the Grand Messa, which is always off in some bum-fudge part of a tundra where nobody wants to build a city, not even the AIs lol.

Correct, coral grows pole to pole. I live in New Jersey and I find bits coral washed up on the shore whenever I'm there... Sarcasm backfire!

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...rals-exploration-plan-habitat-for-many-marine
Is that live coral? Most coral species require a very narrow temperature range (around 25 centigrades +/- a couple of degrees) plus shallow water to secure they stay in the photic zone. Obviously you can find old dead coral riefs many places on earth because things have been moved around by plate techtonics, but living coral reefs exist in the tropic/subtropic.

I think the Gibraltar location is much funnier.

Is that live coral? Most coral species require a very narrow temperature range (around 25 centigrades +/- a couple of degrees) plus shallow water to secure they stay in the photic zone. Obviously you can find old dead coral riefs many places on earth because things have been moved around by plate techtonics, but living coral reefs exist in the tropic/subtropic.

A popular misconception. And over geologic time scales, corals are ground into dust just like everything else. Also, Greenpeace doesn't care abot dead things.

http://seagrant.uaf.edu/news/03ASJ/11.14.03coral-gardens.html

I'd like to see the rest of that fog around RoG removed. Might be a nice little island up there with some fish and stone.

Top Bottom