Poll: December, 2001 - what civ are you playing most this month?

Dec 2001, What Civ are you playing most this month?

• Romans - Industrious, Militaristic - Legionary

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Greeks - Scientific, Commercial - Hoplite

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Germans - Militaristic, Scientific - Panzer

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chinese - Industrious, Scientific - Rider

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Japanese - Militaristic, Religious - Samurai

• Indians - Religious, Commercial - War Elephant

• Aztecs - Militaristic, Religious - Jaguar Warrior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iroquois - Expansionist, Religious - Mounted Warrior

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Egyptians - Industrious, Religious - War Chariot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Babylonians - Religious, Scientific - Bowman

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Russians - Expansionist, Scientific - Cossack

• Americans - Industrious, Expansionist - F-15

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • French - Industrious, Commercial - Musketeer

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Persians - Militaristic, Commercial - Immortals

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Zulus - Militaristic, Expansionist - Impi

• British - Expansionist, Commercial - Man-o-War

• Total voters
I am really surprised at how spread out it is.

With the way people talk about how well the 'Pope Broker' strategy works, I really expected the Babylonians to have more.

I voted on the Babylonians since of the default civs, that one is the best in my current opinion. However, I am actually playing a modified version of the Iroquois the most that is religous/industrial.

edit: I just read TF's post and I am planning on playing the GOTM but I don't think I will play the Geeks I mean Greeks other than that so I will stick with my original statement. ;)

I voted Babs..not for the Pope Strategy..but rather because I am getting to love the Bowmen. I am staging real early wars on Monarch. I can use those bowmen to attack and defend. They are cheap too! The only problem is you get your Golden Age wayyy to early using them. I'll take it though..as long as those Persians are off my continent! Plus, I like the Religous/Scientific combo for getting that Culture up real high!

I voted for the Egyptians and was surprised they got so much support. I'm just now weening myself off of expansionist civs, but I can't do without Industrious. Whenever I play a game without Industrious I wind up in middle of a jungle.

I haven't got much out of the war chariot yet. When I get the Wheel, I normally have to search for horses (if they are available at all) and by then I normally have horseback riding. I build a couple war chariots just to see them ride around, then concentrate on horsemen since they are upgradeable, have equal stats and aren't limited to roads on mountains.

Hmm, now that I think about it, war chariots are useless.

I agree about industrious - when I play a non-industrious civ those workers just seem so slow in comparison.

I do use the chariots when playing Egyptians though. In fact, the first thing I usually research is the wheel. Then I don't bother researching horseback riding at all (or at least as long as possible) since war chariots essentially are horsemen except they need a road to go through mountains (war chariots ARE upgradable).

Top Bottom