[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is an issue with modpacks that include both More Wonders and Unique City-States. No city-states spawn at all, neither do ancient ruins or resources, except the few bonus ones around every player's start location. I've tested bare VP+MW, bare VP+UCS, bare VP+MW+UCS, a lot of mods with MW, a lot of mods with UCS and a lot of mods with both and I'm confident that the issue only appears if both MW and UCS are enabled, irregardless of other mods.
If you are going to try and fix this, I can make you a modpack or several to save a bit of your time. If not, can you please point me in the direction of the map generation changes (as I assume that's what causing the problem) in both mods? Thanks in advance.
On VP Discord channel there is a thread called Multiplayer. I suggest going there as I do not create modpacks and I don't know how to debug them.

New VP version 4.7.3 updated the resource weights in the AssignStartingPlots.lua file.
I imported those changes in the AssignStartingPlots.lua file used by More Wonders mod so that it's compatible with the VP update (WinMerge ftw).

Download the attachment and place it in "MODS\ (overhaul) More Wonders for VP\ 2.NaturalWonders\ DefaultFiles\" folder.

Attachments

• AssignStartingPlots.zip
    103.6 KB · Views: 47
New VP version 4.7.3 updated the resource weights in the AssignStartingPlots.lua file.
I imported those changes in the AssignStartingPlots.lua file used by More Wonders mod so that it's compatible with the VP update (WinMerge ftw).

Download the attachment and place it in "MODS\ (overhaul) More Wonders for VP\ 2.NaturalWonders\ DefaultFiles\" folder.
Thank you. I will include it asap.

Is there a way to increase total number of Natural Wonders spawned in the game? I tried using mod from steam workshop for this, but it only spawned the 'regular' wonders, while completelly ignoring those added by this mod.

Is there a way to increase total number of Natural Wonders spawned in the game? I tried using mod from steam workshop for this, but it only spawned the 'regular' wonders, while completelly ignoring those added by this mod.
You can only modify AssignStartingPlots.lua file for this to happen.

1. First, you have to modifiy table difining maximum Natural Wonder count per map size (I increased the number already, but you can do that again).
  2. Second, because first thing is not enough, you should have to decrease the minimum distance between Natural Wonders.
Code:
self:PlaceResourceImpact(x, y, ImpactLayers.LAYER_NATURAL_WONDER, 11);
Change "11" to lower number. It means how many tiles must be between any Natural Wonders on the map.

Hi adan, first time I have Grand Mesa in a game !
It's strange, it is passable (very good) but is not considered a hill! As it appears surrounded by hills, a ranged unit cannot fire at targets with two tiles. The Grand Mesa rises on average to 1500-1800 m, it wouldn't be bad to make it appear on a hill, no?

Hi adan, first time I have Grand Mesa in a game !
It's strange, it is passable (very good) but is not considered a hill! As it appears surrounded by hills, a ranged unit cannot fire at targets with two tiles. The Grand Mesa rises on average to 1500-1800 m, it wouldn't be bad to make it appear on a hill, no?
I cannot make that because default civ models override terrains underneath.

As for hard restrictions, Feature, let's say Jungle, means it needs to be next to the city, or anywhere within borders?

Edit: I tested, and looks like within borders. Still a little confused, is everything just within borders except plot that is I think where a city is?

Last edited:
As for hard restrictions, Feature, let's say Jungle, means it needs to be next to the city, or anywhere within borders?

Edit: I tested, and looks like within borders. Still a little confused, is everything just within borders except plot that is I think where a city is?
Terrain is meant to be under the city or around in first ring. Rest is as you said.

You can only modify AssignStartingPlots.lua file for this to happen.

1. First, you have to modifiy table difining maximum Natural Wonder count per map size (I increased the number already, but you can do that again).
  2. Second, because first thing is not enough, you should have to decrease the minimum distance between Natural Wonders.
Code:
self:PlaceResourceImpact(x, y, ImpactLayers.LAYER_NATURAL_WONDER, 11);
Change "11" to lower number. It means how many tiles must be between any Natural Wonders on the map.
So just to be sure, the table with number count per map size you meant is in this function?

Code:
function AssignStartingPlots:GetNumNaturalWondersToPlace(iWorldSize)
    local tTarget = {
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_DUEL.ID] = 2, -- adan_eslavo
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_TINY.ID] = 4,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_SMALL.ID] = 6,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_STANDARD.ID] = 8,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_LARGE.ID] = 10,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_HUGE.ID] = 12,
    };
    return tTarget[iWorldSize];
end

So just to be sure, the table with number count per map size you meant is in this function?

Code:
function AssignStartingPlots:GetNumNaturalWondersToPlace(iWorldSize)
    local tTarget = {
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_DUEL.ID] = 2, -- adan_eslavo
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_TINY.ID] = 4,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_SMALL.ID] = 6,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_STANDARD.ID] = 8,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_LARGE.ID] = 10,
        [GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_HUGE.ID] = 12,
    };
    return tTarget[iWorldSize];
end
Yup.

Top Bottom