Poser Figures and Props for Kinboat's Paperdoll

Like Plotinus said, you could get Daz Studio if you don't have the money for Poser. Daz is easy to handle, it only lacks the material room, and you can't change the props' colors. Anyone here with Poser can send you colored props the way you want them. I'd be happy to, just ask :)

CONFORMING FIGURES

Download. The surcoat figure made for my Shienaran unit. The sides are open. It comes with a texture map and the texture and transparency map I used for the unit.

ANIMATIONS

Download. This animation can be applied to my surcoat figure to match Kinboat's run animation. Some tweaking may be necessary, depending on what your unit is wearing.
Oh and, dear Utah, if you found some time to fix this... would be cool :)

Where do you all get poser? Do you buy it?

In all honesty, all you really need for making units is Poser 4 Pro Pack. It dates back to about 7 or 8 years ago. I believe Creative Labs sold a repackaged version called Poser Figure Artist. Should be pretty cheap if you can still find it.

Last edited:
FIGURES

Download. The surcoat conforms to Kinboat's paperdoll and is made to be worn over the PDM TShirt/Shirt and pants. The legs, however, do not match the paperdoll's. They are controlled on their own—almost as if you were using the morph's of one of the kilt figures or props. Left_2 and Right_2 match with the paperdoll's thighs. Left_3 and Right_3 match with the paperdoll's shins. I would not recommend moving Left_1 and Right_1; they are buffers between the hip and the legs.

Download. A new "head cloth" figure designed to be worn with the Surcoat 2 figure. It covers more of the chest than my previous version.

Download. Armor/cloth for the horses head and neck. Made to fit over/with the Horse Front Armor prop. To use with my horse setup, the zScale of the body has to be set to 86%. Also the Upper Neck and Head settings may need to be adjusted to match the horse's settings.

Download. Saddle. To use with my horse setup, the zScale of the body has to be set to 86%.

PROPS

Download. Short cape.

Download. Long cape.

Download. Bracer for right forearm.

Download. Bracer for left forearm.

Download. Helmet.

Download. Helmet.

Download. Armor/cloth for the back of the horse.

Download. Armor/cloth for the front of the horse.

Download. Shield.

Download. Spear.

Download. Sword.

I'm glad you guys like the props and stuff. I look forward to seeing what you can do with them.

Thank you very very much for all these new props and for re-uploading the missing ones, that's very nice of you. You may not see everything we kids do with 'em though. I spend a lot of time playing with Poser and screwing my work after an hour and not saving it. Anyway I enjoy each new toy I can find :D

Yeah, I noticed that the props and figures are downloaded a lot more than I see them being used. :)

FIGURES

Download. This helmet is a figure, not a prop. After conforming the figure to the paperdoll, use the neck to animate the unit. Don't move the PDM's head, or weird things will happen. :)

Download. This is a remake of my previously-released Surcoat 2 figure. In this version, the surcoat's legs conform to the paperdoll's legs. The joints between the thighs and shins aren't perfect, but I think they work well enough.

After conforming the figure to the paperdoll, use the neck to animate the unit. Don't move the PDM's head, or weird things will happen. :)
Many people do it, so that's a good reminder: the neck moves not the skull ;)
@R8XFT: thanks man ! They're nice !

As I'm getting a little further into unit making now, I just downloaded most of these props, and I have to give a HUUUUGE thanks to utahjazz7 for all of these, and to others that contributed here.

The props are all great and will save me a lot of time! :goodjob::)

p.s. Had to give thanks and compliment these, but sorry for anyone seeing this bump and thinking that something new was added. ;)

Top Bottom