Possible downtime coming up

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
I will be out of town on vacation from 5/29 to 6/7. There are 3 main options for handling this.

1. Leave the 3 games I host (all MTDG related) up, but if they crash it won't be possible to fix them until after I return
  2. Find alternate hosts for the games
  3. Plan for downtime for that time period
If either option 1 or 2 is taken, I'll need a sub for the warmup game and a Sirius team game. If you want to sub please post in the relevant game thread or send a PM.

We could choose different options for each game. Discuss the main MTDG game here, the other two can be discussed in their tracker threads.

Option 1 seems like the simplest. Its only one week. Seems like many people are planning to be on vacation/out of town during that time.
Yep, seems fine to me as well. Finding a sub hopefully shouldn't be much of a problem, and with luck we won't even have any glitches over the week so we won't notice the difference. :)

Option 1 sounds fine.

I've noticed that many teams seem to log in about a dozen times a turn for some unknown reason. As this puts pressure on the pitboss can we limit it whilst dave is away to just those who are actually going to press enter please. If the game goes down we have no way of fixing it till he gets back.

This is completely ignoring team CDZ's opinion regarding the need for people to login without hitting enter of course!

That seems reasonable, but then again it's only like one or two teams who have been doing that the most (having like 10 different people log-in to check stuff). I'm fine with it either way and wouldn't mind my own team but I don't want to discourage others from their own playstyle.

Yeah, all the games are still working... must have been an issue on your end.

Oh great... (facepalm)

Top Bottom