Post map requests here

I made the outline for this map long ago, but never had the time to finish it up. I still don't really have the time, so I was hoping someone else might like to finish it up. I'd love to have a huge version to play on BTS! It's just a map I made up, but (at least to me) it looks like a lot of fun to play. I'll attach the bitmap if someone is up for the task.

To anyone that does want to make it - please feel free to add mountains rivers, whatever you need, so that it feels "real" to you. I'm not a pro at that sort of thing, so I haven't added any terrain yet.

Thanks!

Trueblade

Attachments

• Custom Map.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 86
1. Size: Based on map I'm attaching, I want the main island to be able to hold one city per civ, maybe two for some. The other islands smaller.
2. BTS
3. any resources on main island, except those listed on map, those can be one on each smaller island
4. Pick below, I know it's crappy but I'm just looking for realistic landscapes on the islands (hills/forests/rivers/mountains/ect.) in this layout
5. horizontal wrapping
6. some forests
7. few mountains
8. 8 players
9. a river for each civ
10. only some huts on the smaller islands

map below.

Any help would be amazing :D

Attachments

• map idea.PNG
    map idea.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 111
@ Gurra09
I'm not sure if this is the map you wanted but I have the link below tell me what ya think! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• EastEuro + Asia.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 93
1. Size you want it. 168 Width, 82 Heighth
2. BTS
3. No resources
5. X Axis
6. No Forest
7. More Mountains
8. 18 Players
9. No Rivers
10. No Goodie Huts

Thankyou

Attachments

• World_map.png
    World_map.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 187
Could anybody find me a map of Europe without Africa and the Middle-East? And without half of Norway chopped off at the top? Been looking for this for a while, but I cannot find what I'm looking for...

I created a map for Civ 2 and Civ 3 (but never made publicly available) based on Lowel's Mars. I would love to have another for Civ 4 but I don't have the time to devote to the project.

The essential idea is a map that is all desert and tundra except for long canals, set within largely-impassable mountainous slopes, sweeping through the land. These canals are navigable by ship and include some areas that are widened into large lakes. The bottoms of the canals feature grsslands and plains suitable for farming and, at equatorial climbs, can be overrun by jungle.

Now if only we had a Map script for generating such worlds. Sigh...

These maps are a lot of fun to play. Ships battle for control of the narrow water-ways.

It's possible also to send troops over the top from one trench to another and invade down a suitable pass through the mountain cliffs.

I always wanted to do a total conversion where the end game is not building a spaceship for Alpha-Centari...

....it's building one of those long-legged invader ships from the 1950s War of the Worlds film to INVADE EARTH. :)

I just got the game, and seem to be having a problem with the maps.

Im looking for a large earth map. Ive downloaded two versions, however, they seem to lock in the starting civs, and feature 18, 24 or 32 civs. I simply want to play with 8 civs. Is there such a map available?

Could someone make a :bts: version of the Viking Mod Britain and Ireland map, without civs or cities for free play but with names where the cities would be, no tribal villages.

Hi, I need a Warlords map of the United States, including Mexico, Cuba, Canada, Alaska, and possibly Central America. I wouldn't be opposed to having some of South America as well, but it is not necessary and I probably would not prefer it.

I have downloaded lots of maps that fit these specs, although the majority of them are not very accurate in terms of geography, either the Rockies are not-so Rocky, or the Mississippi River is not even present on the map... if there is a map that I have missed that is accurate, can someone please point me in that direction? All I have is Warlords. :sad: Resources would be a plus.

I'm after a giant (i.e, far bigger than huge) map of the Aegean. Something where land and sea warfare are naturally, equally important. Something where you can live out more Epic battles.

Maybe just stick to Crete in the south rather than any further (Libiya)

I'm was thinking something centered on Delos, where this map:

is relative in size to this:

on that map:

At least :D

Given that the Rise of Mankind mod spits out maps of about 200x120 (24000), and are quite playable to at least the 1800s, Something of 15000 tiles or better would be awesome.

- Grid lines zomg.

I was about to ask for an accurate HUGE map of Aegean for BTS or Warlords, till I found this post.

Request is completely covered by the one of CMKMStephens. Sample maps already provided are perfect! It would be awesome to have this one!

The most important (at least for me) would be an as accurate as possible coastline that would make amphibious operations (in a cat chasing the mouse style) around several islands possible.

Bump :mischief:

Top Bottom