Post Patch repeatable crashes on turn X

Zalz Torus

Chieftain
***second update***

nevermind, its back to crashing again. Oddly enough it worked twice but I cannot repeat that success now. I did however notice that 2 AIs yelled at me for attacking a city state as soon as it went to the next turn. Not sure that means anything but there you have it

**update, possible fix**

On an unrelated problem I followed the instructions here:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthrea...ion-V-quot-I-cannot-select-the-DX10-11-option

because i was having this issue, but did not think it was related. Well it was as I can now get through the turn I kept crashing on. Long story short, steam doesnt like working in compatibility mode and can put itself in such a state on its own, so you would never know. Instructions for fixing steam are in the link.

Caveat: A friend of mine did not have this compatibility error yet the save still crashes for him. If you're lucky though, this might work

**end update**

Posted this over on the main 2k forums but I have no idea if any of the devs actually look at that so I figured id share here too in case anyone else has run into this...

Second game Ive played post patch where the game crashes repeatedly on a given turn. I have not had this problem before the patch, the game has crashed very rarely up untill this point. The errors are:

Faulting application name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe, version: 1.0.1.217, time stamp: 0x4d68cb49
Faulting module name: MSVCP90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.4926, time stamp: 0x4a1743c5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000d929
Faulting process id: 0x1ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdc53b4f5e43e
Faulting application path: f:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a\MSVCP 90.dll
Report Id: 46346379-4847-11e0-84cc-002618838b26

AND

Faulting application name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe, version: 1.0.1.217, time stamp: 0x4d68cb49
Faulting module name: MSVCP90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.4926, time stamp: 0x4a1743c5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000d929
Faulting process id: 0x1140
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdc52248db506
Faulting application path: f:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a\MSVCP 90.dll
Report Id: ac838305-4845-11e0-84cc-002618838b26

Ive tried reinstalling MSVCP90.dll with VCREDIST.EXE, no luck.

Ive also verified the files with steam and although 2 files were re-downloaded, the issue persists. I also went ahead and verified a second time and there is still one file that is corrupt, steam doesnt seem to fix it since its still coming up corrupt over and over.

Suggestions? I do have the save file if I can send it somewhere.

A moderator has given me an email address to send the file too, so Im set there. But if anyone has fixed this im still interested in solutions

I had the exact same error but I managed to solve it by restarting my computer.

Nope, but I had a friend try it out too and it crashed for him as well. So at least its not just me

I also have repeatable crash post 217 patch - at the Polynesia scenario, in the late turns (168)

Same here... I restarted the scenario and it did it again...both times it crashes after ending turn on turn 151. Then I updated my video driver, audio driver and OS, then tried it in windowed mode completely zoomed in (tricks that got past crashes before) and it still crashes.

Since the latest DLC, any scenario for Polynesia I play always crashes at turn 151... tried it twice. After the first time I:

Updated video driver
Updated OS
Updated audio driver
R-clicked Civ5 in Steam and had files tested.
Tried both saved games on turn 151 as windowed mode, zoomed in all the way. Still crashes.
Tried lowering resolution.
Tried previous Direct X version
Still crashes.

But tested against non-scenario saves and it seems fine on a normal game.

I swear its the craziest thing but if i run the launcher from inside steams game library, I have better luck getting through that crashed turn. I actually got through to the next turn 3 out of 4 times with this method, and 0 of 4 times with the dx11 shortcut

I know the launcher should be running the same shortcut but im just telling you what results I got.

I swear its the craziest thing but if i run the launcher from inside steams game library, I have better luck getting through that crashed turn. I actually got through to the next turn 3 out of 4 times with this method, and 0 of 4 times with the dx11 shortcut

I know the launcher should be running the same shortcut but im just telling you what results I got.

I also got past my crashing turn by switching it to direct X 11 for a turn.
I recommend everyone to try it and if you don't have direct X 10/11 just give your save to someone who has for a turn and see if it's fixed

Varifying the files in steam just once, may not get the problem solved. I have done it for up to 88 times before the game stops crashing. Eventually you get the return: all files evaluated successfully no more files to validate. It seems that if you do not get all of them, they may start corrupting goods ones again. You also have to do it after each patch. Getting updates automatically may be theoretically sound, but I am sure it also introduces other issues.

This didn't work for me either

Varifying the files in steam just once, may not get the problem solved. I have done it for up to 88 times before the game stops crashing. Eventually you get the return: all files evaluated successfully no more files to validate. It seems that if you do not get all of them, they may start corrupting goods ones again. You also have to do it after each patch. Getting updates automatically may be theoretically sound, but I am sure it also introduces other issues.

You're joking, right?

When it comes to V, it is either all a joke, or not a joking matter. Since it is hard for me to finish a game before the next patch comes out, it is hard to test my theory. I am not joking. The info in the bottom display bar showed "88 items have been aquired from steam". The current game has not crashed since the 88th file has been deployed.

Top Bottom