Post your difficulty problems...

Im_An_Eejit

Chieftain
And we'll see what we can do lol.

Few people were complaining about the jump between warlord and king.

What i always do, is research alphabet first.
When i have build 3 warrior units. I would have let two explore and gather gold etc. Leaving one in my city.
I also would have began to build stonehenge.
After alphabet is researched, begin bronze working. Also switch your cities build to a library. The production from stonehenge will pass over to the library and make it easier to rush. Then don't build anything until you have bronze working.

You should have also built a second city.
Make sure its has good resources. I always try to make it so that at least (with or without a courthouse) that there would be at least one or two special resources in the area. These resources define my later researches.

When bronze working is discovered. Built archers. ( Enough for 2 armies, one for cap and one for 2nd city.) These archers can will be able to hold off any attacker for a very long time.

You should also have enough gold now to rush the library in your second city.

From there on, just build up those 2 cities. Add a third if you wish, but i never have more than 2-3 self built cities, and it can't be a bad thing since i won with only 2 cities on deity.

Research techs with thought.
Think about if the other civs already have them and if you will get a bonus. If so, is the bonus worth it.
Research techs that apply to you.
I.e, if your town is surrounded by dye, research monarchy. If with oak, then research construction.

I would also say that if you do not have much expertise/understanding etc of the game then keep your cities on balanced resources. ( i always do, at least until the city can still produce a lot of everything even if its on production)

Also, keep it all on science and not gold production thoughout. At least until you have all the technologies you want.

Don't really know what else to say, this is for king difficulty. And i can't really help more until i know what is hindering you from your victories.

:goodjob:

Never tried to write a help/guide hybrid thingy before, so sorry if its absolutely bad :p

Top Bottom