Post your Empires!

Nothing terribly epic here. I recently reinstalled Kingdoms and am playing through the campaigns. I beat the Crusades Campaign last weekend as Egypt and started an Irish game in the Britannia Campaign today.

I completely wiped out Jerusalem in the Crusades Campaign, and fed money into the Turks as I was allied to them and I wanted to at first keep Antioch and Byzantium off my butt and later the Mongols. I used the enormous Mameluke Army they give you to capture Constantinople (it was one of my goals), but by that time it had changed hands between Venice and Byzantium about 3 times and was thus completely weak. I marched my extra forces from this across Anatolia, originally with intent to hold off the Mongols, but the Turks did a surprisingly good job of that themselves (the single Mongol province only has a small garrison) and thus I used my armies to instead capture some random Anatolian provinces.

In my Irish campaign, I only just kicked the English out and managed to capture some offshore islands, only for Scotland to invade them and after defeating their forces several times, be invaded by William Wallace. Scotland took about 3 of my island provinces, only for Norway to take them back the same turn I landed a force to recapture them myself. Norway got angry about my men on their land I guess, and promptly attacked me so now I am at war with England, Scotland and Norway and their navies seem to only be attacking me (and not each other) in the Irish Sea, preventing me from landing any reinforcements in Britain or 2/3 islands I actually recaptured.

I unfortunately can't run any epic mods too well. I tried the new Stainless Steel recently, only for each turn to end up taking about 30 minutes each on CPU moves while Heiliges Römisches Reich 8.0 keeps crashing on me. Looking for some smaller mods, I recently saw a 100 Years War mod that didn't look too big but figured I'd at least ask here to see if anyone else played it first.

EDIT: Didn't see this thread already existed. Sorry, I saw the word "Empire" a dozen times and they all just looked like Empire Total War threads. If a mod would combine them, that would be great.

Moderator Action: Merged.

Behold the reforged Caliphate! I posed the screenshot on my greatest prize: Italy! Slaughtered about half of the College of Cardinals before the Pope stopped popping up around Rome, kicked the crap out of Venice (and Norman Sicily before the whole thing began), and have held the place long enough to make it all ~ 90% Muslim. I would have continued on and devastated other cities for the purpose of withdrawing to safety, but I was able to negotiate peace with Genoa, the Germans, and the Hungarians, and didn't want to squander it. Tensions are high in the East; Kwarazem had the misfortune of declaring war on me while I had a huge surplus budget, which I fed into an enormous army just as the Mongols declared war on them. Together we crushed them, but they would not make an alliance with me, and I fear they will soon attack me. And to annoy me further, the Kievan Rus got delusions of grandeur and attacked Kutaisi, so now I'm involved in yet another theater of war. The Jihad for Constantinople will have to wait!

I think it's rather easy to create huge amounts of money in SS 6.3, for example I have never had insufficient funds for buildings or units.

Ahh these screenshots take me back! I remember fondly by biggest game and empire. I played as England on Medieval Total War 2 and took over everything up to the borders of russia. the MONGOLS had everything else, literally, so it was england vs mongols the only powers left on the maps, super powers at war! Unfortunately I dont have a screenshot. I might even put it back on since I have it on Steam :-D

Playing as England in the year 1226. My initial expansion, after York, was into France. I took Rennes, Bordeaux, and Bruges from the rebels, and then Paris from the French, with William the Conqeuror leading the way. Paris was just under the radar of the pope for excommunication - had France not sallied forth and been destroyed, I would have been powerless to take the city without being excommunicated. I then took Antwerp, but it rebelled, and when I was trying to retake it, the Danes declared war and decided to interfere with those plans. While my army battled them, Scotland invaded and besieged York, and France declared war again as well. This would prove to be the toughest part to date.

My new king Rufus invaded Norway be sea and took Oslo, while his brother-in-law, who had just taken Dublin from the rebels, fought the Scottish army in Ireland and then advanced on Edinburgh. Taking Oslo, unfortunately, got me excommunicated. Scotland had all their troops, save a few garrisons in Inverness, in Ireland or at York, so Edinburgh was free for the taking once I got troops there from Norway. They could have taken York if they'd been willing to assault the walls, but did not, so they ended up falling without too much trouble. France I attacked later, and they proved not too difficult, and I added Angers and Rheims to my realm before making peace. With this, their advances on Antwerp repulsed, and an army advancing on Hamburg, the Danes were willing to settle.

Conveniently, the next Pope was English, and I was reconciled shortly before making peace with France and Denmark. I'd planned to ask for a crusade, perhaps on Tunis, but wanted to wait for peace, and someone else got one on Antioch first. No problem, I had King Rufus, his brother-in-law Henry of Irish-Scottish conquests, and their nephew Michell join the crusade. The first two went by sea, the latter overland. Going by sea proved to be a bad idea as most of the armies deserted whilst going around Spain. Henry was first, and captured Cagliari. Tragically, he was killed in a peasant revolt the very next turn. On the plus side, I'd soon gain two cardinals from the island of Sardinia. His army (reinforced by crusaders from Iberia) joined Rufus's.

Michell eventually reached Constantinople, which had recently been conquered by Egyptian jihaders, and decided to retake it for Christiandom. As he besieged the city, news arrived of Rufus's death at sea, making his army the last crusading army (the Holy Roman and Danish ones apparently having already perished). Unfortunately, his army began to desert while they besieged the city, and he was forced to attack earlier than hoped. Although the Egyptian general was slain, it was a clear defeat, and with this the crusade officially became a failure. Our own catapults destroying the Great Cross with flaming ammunition probably was a bad omen.

Rufus's army, meanwhile, or what was left of it after desertion following the king's death (we aren't on a crusading army without our king!), continued to Antioch. They landed successfully, and besieged the city. Nary a month had gone by, but Egyptian reinforcements came. The army's infantry were easily defeated, but the Crusader Knights heroically turned the tide and fought off both the reinforcements and the city's garrison, slaying the enemy general in the process. But just when they thought they'd march into the city, more reinforcements arrived, and despite the infantry this time fighting quite well, they were too much for the English army. With this, the last hopes of a successful crusade died.

The crusade probably wasn't worth it militarily, but it was fun, and hopefully Cagliari will become a trading hub (I converted it to a city). I'm now considering attacking France again, as they've conveniently been excommunicated.

I'm also enjoying having the AI deal with me diplomatically. On my previous major game it seemed like they never, ever, would deal with me, but not being excommunicated makes a big difference.

I do still have a Cardinal in Syria, whom I hope may become one of the Preferati. I had a princess there as well, whose job it was to secure peace after the war, or perhaps find a suitable Byzantine prince to marry, but she was unfortunately killed in the Battle of Antioch.

Nice! I think the only campaign I ever actually played to completion was as England. I remember managing to get everything except for the Levant, but I eventually got bored fighting stack after stack of Timurid in the desert.

The only one I've ever finished was as France. That was my first game, and I nearly lost until I figured out how to tell my governors to stop spending all my gold on useless stuff and took control of all the cities manually. I also entirely disregarded the Pope and was excommunicated the whole game. I remember fighting the Mongols until they were defeated, and the Timurids until they were either defeated or essentially so. I had to download patch 1.3 (I had 1.00) to stop the game from crashing when I fought the Timurids, because there were 8000 or so units between the French and Timurid armies (2-3 full armies on each side in several of the battles). Most of those battles were in the Ukraine, Belarus, or western Russia.

I nearly finished a Rome Total War game, but was trying to reconquer all of the Roman Empire (except what other Romans had) before starting the civil war, and got tired of fighting the Egyptians. Don't know if I still have that save or not. I was the southernmost Roman faction.

I finish a lot of games. Most epic was with the Holy Roman Empire. In turn 70/something I had finished the long campaign.

I rarely tend to finish my games.

I've only finished two M2:TW games in my entire time playing, a Venetian one (easy, but nonetheless fun) and a Spanish one (too easy).

I came close to finishing an Egyptian one, but I got sidetracked by Napoleon and Empire; maybe someday I'll pick it up again.

Top Bottom