Pre-LizNES6: Fortune Favors the Brutal

You see I don't get that. Tech is an integral part of a proper civilization and nation. It is part of war, especially in modern war. None of my tech in INESIII required immense tech saviness that couldn't be obtained by scrolling through a few wiki articles or a google search. I will focus on more down to earth weapons in this one per your request, but if I present my research well I see no reason why I shouldn't have an advanced VTOL airforce or plasma cannons on tanks (plasma is not so different than any other weapon [assuming technological difficulties are surmounted] except that it just melts stuff instead of blowing it up, me I like having that option simply for psychological warfare purpose) or transgenic goats producing spider-silk for bulletproof vests and ABM systems.

The only issue that I see with things like this is the speed at which one obtains the tech, even if you can put the necessary funding in in one turn (which in most case is one year) it would take far more than one year to develop, test, and implement on a large scale. Along with that I feel that some techs would require other baseline techs before they can be used or cost much much more, say nanobots would need massive investment into energy technologies to be effective. So my whole two cents is that I mainly have issues with the speed radical tech is produced.

Just so everyone knows, I will be away on vacation from this Tuesday coming up, until about Friday evening. I'm leaving relatively early Tuesday morning, so tomorrow will probably be my last day on for a couple days. It's fairly bad timing, but, what can I do.

That being said BT orders by Friday, though in the slim chance everyone can get them in for me, by tomorrow evening, I should be able to get it up. No promises though.

I'm brain fried today, but I'm not completely clear on when you want orders? Tomorrow or Friday?

From what I understand is Friday, but if everyone can get them in by tomorrow there is a small chance for the update then.

This.

Military Grade: Will represent the skill and equiptment your military uses. In order to up ones military grade, foreign advisors from a higher grade military must be present in the nation, and money should be spent on new training and equiptment. Military victories, and losses will effect this grade to an extent. The lowest grade is 1, and the highest is 5.

Militia Regiment: 1 EP, 5 IP, will get you 5 Militia Regimets
Regiment of Infantry: 1 EP, 10 IP will get you 2 Regiments (Doubled if Grade 1 or 2)
Armored Brigade: 2 EP, 10 IP will get you 1 Armored Brigade (Must be Grade 4 or 5)

Gun-boat: 1 EP, 10 IP will get you 2 Gun-boats
Destroyer: 1 EP, 20 IP will get you 1 Destroyer (Doubled if Grade 1 or 2)
Cruiser: 2 EP, 40 IP will get you 1 Cruiser (Doubled if Grade 1 or 2)
Carrier: 5 EP, 100 IP will get you 1 Carrier (Must be Grade 4 or 5)

Fighter Squadron: 1 EP, 10 IP will get you 2 Squadrons (Doubled if Grade 1 or 2)
Bomber Squadron: 1 EP, 20 IP will get you 1 Squadron (Must be Grade 4 or 5)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

I don't think military grade should require foreign trainers. This allow projects like anti-matter rifles (just jokes kozmos) to increase quality without requiring foreign support. Maybe it should be very expensive to get to top ranks though (like quality x3EP or something).

Assuming that military quality makes your units better, like if you have military quality 4 and your enemy 1 and you send up 10 squads fighters and they send up 20 and you still end winning, then there is no reason to make them cheaper once you get higher grades in military quality. It just gets too great a difference between high quality and low if thats the case because not only does your 1 fighter shoot down two of theirs (or whatever) but you have twice as many fighters for every EP.

so yeah... those are my thoughts... but do whatever you want. ultimately not my choice.

Since no one seems to catch the joke...
- The story is awfully similar to a certain series protagonized by Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly/Serenity and Hana Gitelman from Heroes.
- The name of the author is a mix of both the old and the new name of the main character of said series, translated into Spanish (to be exact, the middle name of his birth name and the surname after he changed his name).

That said, I hope someone finally understands it.

Oh that's why I don't get it, both Firefly and Heroes were horrible.

Lacking in submarines in naval departments and CAS (Helicopters, UCAV) in Airforce. Quality should almost always beat quantity. Remember Col. Corazon Santiago.

The only issue that I see with things like this is the speed at which one obtains the tech, even if you can put the necessary funding in in one turn (which in most case is one year) it would take far more than one year to develop, test, and implement on a large scale. Along with that I feel that some techs would require other baseline techs before they can be used or cost much much more, say nanobots would need massive investment into energy technologies to be effective. So my whole two cents is that I mainly have issues with the speed radical tech is produced.

I agree, old NESes ran tech projects that cost both money and time in turns. As for that other point that depends on tech to tech. Why should nanobots require investment into energy technologies? The buggers are relatively self-sufficient. I would understand giant mechs or field lasers though, those need a sustained high-output power source.

Question then, will tech projects take eco, industry and time? It seems a good way to nerf the hell out of me, so I'm good with it.

Yeah I think foreign advisors should aid a nation in increasing quality, but should not be the only method.

Dispatch From 한국의 웅대한 제국 (Grand Empire of Korea)

To Tibet

We certainly have no territorial ambitions in your direction. We are also willing to agree that if you are not the cause of hostilities we will aid you as we can to prevent your hostile takeover.

To The Project

We do not believe fusion is a viable technology achievable in the near enough future to be worth the investment at this time. If your future efforts begin to show results that are promising enough then we would be willing to revisit the situation at that time.

And yet we don't know if ITER will work, as it has not been complete yet, nor will be until barring unforseen issues 2024. The best prior was 65% of input for 0.5 seconds. And this is why I was saying I would rather not have science and tech overshadow playability of a nes.

Kozmos said:
Lacking in submarines in naval departments and CAS (Helicopters, UCAV) in Airforce. Quality should almost always beat quantity. Remember Col. Corazon Santiago.

Submarines I agree with. I do understand CAS, but in terms of me looking at battles, I would be under the assumption that a few helicopters on both sides are flying around. I dunno, I wouldn't really look at that as much, because the lower grade regiments wouldn't come with them, or at least them in any major quantity, but then the higher grade regiments would. The same thing goes with artillery. I imagine it's there.

Kozmos said:
Question then, will tech projects take eco, industry and time? It seems a good way to nerf the hell out of me, so I'm good with it.

Yeah, probably. But the issue goes with the fact I have a relatively limited understanding of science, in most regards to this type of tech, seeing as I've never researched it, and would really honestly rather not have to spend hours and hours doing so. That's not to say I won't if I don't have to.. but I don't feel comfortable giving a price and time that is either way to high and long, or small and short. Because if it turns out that whatever tech you're building is game changing, and could hypothetically.. blow up the moon, or something I didn't quite understand from the start, and I made it easy to achieve, I'd kick myself. Where as, I also see you complaining if it's something rather menail, that takes 20 years. Which I understand.

So I suppose, what I'm trying to say is, I don't know nearly enough about your tech to be able to give you any sort of realistic time table for that. And I don't want you to self-regulate, as some of your ideas are.. very hopeful. :p

For example, this ITER project. I don't know if it will work or not either. It has only worked in a limited capacity. And I'm wondering why. Assuming at some point it can or will work, my question is then, how much time does it take to work, and more importantly, what game changing benefits will you have? A bit more industry?

Milarqui said:
Since no one seems to catch the joke...
- The story is awfully similar to a certain series protagonized by Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly/Serenity and Hana Gitelman from Heroes.
- The name of the author is a mix of both the old and the new name of the main character of said series, translated into Spanish (to be exact, the middle name of his birth name and the surname after he changed his name).

That said, I hope someone finally understands it.

Never saw or read either. :p

Immac said:
I don't think military grade should require foreign trainers. This allow projects like anti-matter rifles (just jokes kozmos) to increase quality without requiring foreign support. Maybe it should be very expensive to get to top ranks though (like quality x3EP or something).

Adrogans said:
Yeah I think foreign advisors should aid a nation in increasing quality, but should not be the only method.

Well, I agree that Foreign Trainers should be one of several options. Thoughts, what else are those options?

-Fighting, and winning Battles
-Throwing Money at it, along with better training programs (If so, how much money would be acceptable?)

Immac said:
Assuming that military quality makes your units better, like if you have military quality 4 and your enemy 1 and you send up 10 squads fighters and they send up 20 and you still end winning, then there is no reason to make them cheaper once you get higher grades in military quality. It just gets too great a difference between high quality and low if thats the case because not only does your 1 fighter shoot down two of theirs (or whatever) but you have twice as many fighters for every EP.

Hm. I mean, this makes a lot of sense. But I suppose what I wanted to do, was make units roughly on par with one another, save for experience. A regiment from Sonora is as effective as a regiment from Texas, or Mexico, or Deseret, or whatever. But, the fact is, Sonora can only recruit so many regiment means they have to be careful with what they use. That was, yes, one Sonoran Regiment can fight off an invading Californian Regiment, but the fact that California has so many Regiments wins. There is also experience, which I'd take in account during the calculation.

Further explaining:
The series is Castle. (Damn, for some reason, you guys haven't made the connection). Castle's birth name is Richard Alexander Rodgers, and his second name is Richard Edgar Castle. Alexander Castle -> Alejandro Castillo.

I think quality and number of regiments should be independent of one another. basically, players should have two option, the quality of the army or the quantity.

And yet we don't know if ITER will work, as it has not been complete yet, nor will be until barring unforseen issues 2024. The best prior was 65% of input for 0.5 seconds. And this is why I was saying I would rather not have science and tech overshadow playability of a nes.

Bro that was JET and that was in 1997...goddamn that was long ago, me and pops were still having war flashbacks back then. Anyway we have come a long way from then and we are still advancing exponentially. Not to mention the total ITER funding is a mere 15 bn euros a year which is a pitiful amount compared to what governments spend on bailing out banks and other extraneous crap. I can do this very much alone, I just wanted to share with you fellas so I don't hear ridiculous zomg Kozmo is braeking the gaem wit "m@d" science y'all! comment later in the game.

@TLK: Every tech can be game-changing if you put the effort in it. Destroying or saving the world is ridiculously easy even if I am shackled by 2010 AD tech. As for fusion and in the long haul subsequent miniaturization...I think the benefits are obvious. A) solved energy problems B) miniaturization theoretically allows powerful and self-sufficient power sources for advanced VTOL aircraft, ships and tanks, but not mechs (building mechs is a dumb concept battlefield and engineering wise, unfeasible without additional far far far off tech) C) power sources for certain high-input weapons D) Opens up research avenues into LENR which is an alternative to 'hot' fusion.

As for army quality I dont see anything wrong with Quality 4 Army beating Quality 1 Army or at least holding their own against 50% more numerous enemies. It is a force modifier like tech, organization or simply better tactics. I agree in general with Dreadnought.

Further explaining:
The series is Castle. (Damn, for some reason, you guys haven't made the connection). Castle's birth name is Richard Alexander Rodgers, and his second name is Richard Edgar Castle. Alexander Castle -> Alejandro Castillo.

Castle? Oh my, you have to start watching better shows :p

Yes, but as I can only go on what people have actually done (otherwise its still theory) and I am not a physicist nor claim to be would really rather go back to when NESing was about the countries and not what tech they could make.

Ah yes, countries and nations. Everyone is still slugging it by ethnic lines instead of ideologies, something I find a little dry personally especially in post-apocalyptic scenarios but that is irrelevant. If you are going to base a NES around diplomacy and war, then technology is a critical part. Even if you are running with WW2 tech. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_in_World_War_II] Does anyone here even remember when stalin006 in one of das's old NES pulled out secret nukes and bombed everyone to victory? Or that NES where we had armored zeppelins and other shenanigans? Good times. Maybe I'm just old and slightly ******ed in the mouth as Doug would say.

Ah I see we simply view NESes very differently. You view it as a world domination game, whereas I view it as playing a nation with its own goals. So whereas I simply play to have fun you play to game the system as much as possible.

By the way the offer may have been accepted if you played a government the rest of the world could understand and accept. And not been so shady right off the bat.

Top Bottom