Pre-turn discussion

we should build the immortal in DB, and continue building units. we need to clear out KISS from our continent before considering the GL. we should build our next city one tile north of the pikeman by the ivory.

@DZ: you can check out the save by going to our gmail account. the info to log in is in the stickied Team Info thread. btw, we get the save from D'Nuts, so that last turn we received from them would be the current turn. :)

my idea for planting a settler there would be to worry KISS as they would then have 2 directions an attack could come from and maybe worry them slightly. we need to keep up with the military production because KISS will still be in a GA and so still producing masses of units.

@DZ MIA do know about it, they have a peace treaty with KISS but also dont seem to be too willing to do anything military like, they are more of a builder team.

Donovan Zoi said:
Give me some background here. I am going to read through the diplomacy threads to shed some more light on our current situation. All I can say is that we need units, and lots of them!

We had a long war with the Nutters which ended when they burned two of our cities. We just agreed to flat out peace then. Meanwhile the greenies on the other continent were both growing stronger. We had a deal going with the Greeks to coordinate our research. Then we were working on the Great Library Gambit. Then the Greeks and Galls made peace (a fifty turn treaty) and as soon as that deal was signed the Galls attacked us. We were totally unprepared and abanded three cities to avoid them falling into Gallic hands. The Greeks have been good to us but will not break their word and attack the Galls.

Perhaps it is time we make peace with the Galls. If we play things right we can get the Greeks to promise to help us recover whatever we have to concede in order to make peace. We can perhaps also get the Greeks to join us in an attack on the Nutters as soon as we secure peace with the Galls. If we can get peace in ten turns then launch a twenty turn war in the south (in cojunction with the Greeks) We can be ready to face the Galls again if need be.

i agree on the first part about securing peace but disagree on the second part about going to war with the nutters, we are not in a good enough position at all to be thinking about doing that. Even with help we may fall further behind in tech and we need to build up our infrastructure.

BCLG100 said:
i agree on the first part about securing peace but disagree on the second part about going to war with the nutters, we are not in a good enough position at all to be thinking about doing that. Even with help we may fall further behind in tech and we need to build up our infrastructure.

We would not fall behind in tech if we build the Great Library.

We have 13 immortals and 7 trebs. We could build quite a few more units in the next ten turns. The key of course is a decent peace with the Galls.

As far as I'm concerned, there will be no peace with the galls untill they are removed from our continent. Make peace with those that betrayed and backstabbed us? Then we want to go back and make war with those that could have taken advantage of our weakness, yet didn't?

We keep up the gall war, make them pay for their crimes.

Strider said:
As far as I'm concerned, there will be no peace with the galls untill they are removed from our continent. Make peace with those that betrayed and backstabbed us? Then we want to go back and make war with those that could have taken advantage of our weakness, yet didn't?

I do not think we are strong enough to eject the Galls from our continent. If we can make peace - with the understanding and binding agreement of the Greeks that we will attack the Galls together later - then we should do so. Read the chat I had with fe3333au. The Nutters have not taken advantage of our weakness because the Greeks have threatened to attack them if they do!

I agree we make the Galls pay but we have to be patient. We are not strong enough to do it alone. We need the Greeks. In the mean time we can sharpen our war skills and learn how to coordinate war with an active ally if we join the Greeks in a war on the Nutters. Let's not be too sympathetic for the guys who burned both Fort Carbonperoxides AND Carpetbomb!!!

Strider said:

just to point out though in what way did they betray or backstab us, its not like we had a peace treaty with them.

but peace is in the best interests, whether they are willing to give us it is a completly different matter.

i agree with donsig. we should get peace with Galls, war with MIA against D'Nuts, and then attack KISS with MIA further down the road. however, before we sign peace with Galls, we need to build a city in the northeast corner of our empire, between our borders and the new Gallic cities. we can't let them get anymore land, and building a city up there will cut off the Galls.

If the peace plan works, then I will go along with the northeastern Settler idea. I just did not want to put our civilians into harms way.

Do we honestly think that KISS will consider a peace treaty? What will we have to give up to attain that in writing?

KISS may consider it, theyve been at war for awhile and have wasted quite a bit of their GA on building military units.

i dont believe we are anywhere near a position to make a war with the nutters, even with the help of MIA, we need to rebuild during whatever peace time we can get.

BCLG100 said:
KISS may consider it, theyve been at war for awhile and have wasted quite a bit of their GA on building military units.

i dont believe we are anywhere near a position to make a war with the nutters, even with the help of MIA, we need to rebuild during whatever peace time we can get.

We still have a lux deal with the Nutters as well. I'm not suggesting we attack them right now. We would need time to build and to get MIA to agree to the war. That's why I don't think we should rush into peace with the Galls but we need to start the process going. In the mean time we keep building units. If the Galls demand too much we can keep fighting them. If we get a decent peace and MIA backs us (to later eject the Galls) and will also join us against the Nutters then we attack them together. We'd have say, 15 turns to ready ourselves for a war. Let's at least look at how we could conduct such a war. Time to dust off the old Iroqi war planning thread.

donsig said:
We still have a lux deal with the Nutters as well. I'm not suggesting we attack them right now. We would need time to build and to get MIA to agree to the war. That's why I don't think we should rush into peace with the Galls but we need to start the process going. In the mean time we keep building units. If the Galls demand too much we can keep fighting them. If we get a decent peace and MIA backs us (to later eject the Galls) and will also join us against the Nutters then we attack them together. We'd have say, 15 turns to ready ourselves for a war. Let's at least look at how we could conduct such a war. Time to dust off the old Iroqi war planning thread.

we should play a building game, the only civ yet to go to war is the one which will probably be doing the most prosperous once KISS's GA ends.

If we are able to garner peace with KISS, then I would like to help us galvanize our domestic standing. In looking at one of the last Demographic screens, I saw that we are sitting with an 83% approval rating (we love ya, King donsig IV! :love: ). However, what that really tells me is that some of our smaller cities are poised for massive growth.

I'll start drafting a domestic agenda, so long as it steps on no one's toes. If this is cool, I'll have it out (hopefully) by Friday.

Donovan Zoi said:
If we are able to garner peace with KISS, then I would like to help us galvanize our domestic standing. In looking at one of the last Demographic screens, I saw that we are sitting with an 83% approval rating (we love ya, King donsig IV! :love: ). However, what that really tells me is that some of our smaller cities are poised for massive growth.

I'll start drafting a domestic agenda, so long as it steps on no one's toes. If this is cool, I'll have it out (hopefully) by Friday.

DZ you'll come to realise that we're all pretty laid back playing the game, with donsig only really having a position (not including ambassadors), so if you present something we can all argue about it, dismiss it then look back in 10 turns and adopt it and wish we'd done it sooner :D

Is there a chance that we could take one or two of their cities on our continent? If so we could do that and in peace treaty let them keep the remaining city(s) and give them nothing (or very little) else.

its difficult because they can move the troops around very quickly and easily as a result of them not pillaging the roads there and 2 movement gaillic swords, the only thing i can think of is a diversionary move, possibly moving a stack of 4/5 immortals up to the north of our empire near our patch of iron and then moving them south towards malice, they'd move troops to defend that, while perhaps the turn after we could move our larger stack on Auda city, for this though we'd need to do some road pre-building beforehand towards Auda city. I cant see Auda City being incredibly well defended just yet but if we do manage to capture it it may be on auto raze, therefore i think we should have a settler ready to place there afterwards taking up space they can settle in.

The Galls have Engineering, so crossing rivers won't be a problem for their Swordsmen.

BCLG100 said:
we should play a building game, the only civ yet to go to war is the one which will probably be doing the most prosperous once KISS's GA ends.
Personally I think that this what we're not getting, and it will be a problem for us. We can't rely on getting the Great Library anymore, and after getting rid of KISS, whether by peace or through getting the cities on our contenant, we plan to go to war again. We can't allow other civs such as MIA and KISS to make such strides in the economic era, it will really come back to bite us when we do not have the base that they do. Yes we should be willing to go to war, but if we fought the nutters to a standstill (and us actually lousing somewhat), then how easy is it going to be with us even weaker? MIA is not going to want to get incredibly involved, they want to build up with out interuption. They have the cities they need, they just have to get the economy running in full gear. War may solve a ton of problems, and will ultamtley be needed, but should we be planning it when we are weaker and the nutters have had time to recover?

Top Bottom