Preview and Request Thread

@ Balam-Agab -

Bravo on the Maori Warrior. The Tiki is exactly as you need it. That is as near to a perfect Basic Maori Warrior as you will get. :goodjob:

Edit: The rest are also great,,I just got lost in the Maori I guess :)

Brief update:
The Polynesians are mostly done, I just need to fix the Hawaiian nobles' deaths. Look for them sometime over the weekend.

Wow, that Maori unit is looking fantastic! The tiki looks very good. I hope it can be made out at civ-scale. If you have the time and inclination, versions of this unit armed with a taiaha and musket would be very useful.

Don't worry, those are on the list. The musket won't be too hard, but the taiaha animations will have to be made from scratch and so will take longer. I may release the other two first, but we shall see.

Also which kind of spear were you envisioning for the Maasi Lion Hunter? From my research it seems that they used two types; long and sword-like and leaf shaped. I'll likely also make a regular spearman who has a shield as well.
I like the style in the photos posted earlier - a long straight blade, a somewhat short shaft / handle, and a spike on the other end. I think that style would be useful fighting a lion up close as well as at range.

Thanks for doing these.
Was looking at the posted African units again this morning. The Dinka javelin (on the right in the preview) would work well for the Maasai Lion Hunter.

It's been a while since I've uploaded any previews, so here are the packs I'm currently working on...

Australian Aborigines:
Spoiler :

These guys are mostly done, once I finish the boomerang throwing animation...

Eurasian Steppe:

Huns:
Spoiler :

Alans:
Spoiler :

East Asia:

Annam:
Spoiler :

Burma:
Spoiler :

Khmer:
Spoiler :

Khitan:
Spoiler :

Xiongnu
Spoiler :

Was looking at the posted African units again this morning. The Dinka javelin (on the right in the preview) would work well for the Maasai Lion Hunter.

Well too bad! The Maasai Lion Hunter is nearly done anyways, so you'll just have to accept it :p.

Wow Balam-Agab, great work on some underrepresented cultures! I go so far as to say that these units are essential to the Civ modding project, greatly expanding the community's modding capability. :goodjob:

Cool. Especially looking forward to those Hun and Alan units. :goodjob:

please change the size of the scale texture to a little smaller, and also i would like to have some hun infantry heavy, like the heavy hun cavalry...thank you, you are doing a great job!! :hatsoff:

Since this is also a request thread I was wondering if you would be willing to do any Warhammer units? Here are some of the human (or almost human) units I need. :)

Vampire Lord

These guys should have a both a magic and a sword attack.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat720003a&prodId=prod1160066a

Chaos Warriors

Embryodead made an animated Chaos Warrior for the mod, but it was one of his first units and the animations aren't so good.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440109a&prodId=prod1040519

Blood Knights a red vampire Knight

Wood Elf Wild Riders

Amazons in mesoamerican dress.

As this is a request thread, I have an idea for a World War 2 Small Wonder, War Bonds. It would increase the Commerce in every tile of the city that it is in, and also auto-produce a unit that could be air-transported elsewhere and then disbanded for a yield of say 100 shields to boost production in that city.

Since this is also a request thread I was wondering if you would be willing to do any Warhammer units? Here are some of the human (or almost human) units I need. :)

Here are a Wood Elf Rider and a Chaos Warrior:

Thoughts?

First of all: I love you!

Secondly: For the Wild Rider the helmet on the horse should probably be bronze. That's how they are usually painted. Otherwise it looks great. The Chaos Warrior should have a shield. I know the fur on the models look quite dark, but I would prefer a lighter colour like grey or brownish.

Third: Awesome units!!! You just made my day. :goodjob:

edit: I just noticed that the Elf doesn't have long hair. That should really be added if possible. :)

I've made a few changes:

Chaos Warrior

Questions:

1) Is he for 1 civ or more than 1 and what colours are they? This is so that the symbol on the shield shows up...

2) Boss on the shied or not?

3) Should the cape be the same as the fur or not?

Wood Elf Rider

Questions:

1) Which bronze colour for the 2 helmets? or a different one for each?

2) Civ colour on the horse's nose or not?

3) would you like the civ colour to be green in the pedia icons?

Vampires

1) Red or Black for the armour? or one for each type (Lord and Blood Knight)?

2) What were your envisioning for the magical attack of the Lord?

Amazons

I plan to do to of these: a spearwoman and a swordswoman.

I'm thinking the third in the first row as the spear, and the last in th second row as the sword unless you'd prefer others.

These gals will take a bit longer as i have to fiddle around a bot with the animations due to the different model

I plan to use that green-blue colour as civ colour... any objections?

While I do not play Warhammer, I have all of the books as part of my games collection. With respect to the Wood Elf, the are quite secretive, and if you are fighting in a forest, you would not want highly reflective or shiny equipment, so I would vote for the dull bronze helmet, and also green for the Pedia icons.

While I do not play Warhammer, I have all of the books as part of my games collection. With respect to the Wood Elf, the are quite secretive, and if you are fighting in a forest, you would not want highly reflective or shiny equipment, so I would vote for the dull bronze helmet, and also green for the Pedia icons.

I take your point about dull metal and I think that it makes sense to be dull, but my question was more about colour (i.e. more like copper (#1) or more like brass (#2)).

I've made a few changes:

Questions:

1) Is he for 1 civ or more than 1 and what colours are they? This is so that the symbol on the shield shows up...

2) Boss on the shied or not?

3) Should the cape be the same as the fur or not?
1) It's only for one civ and their colour is Dark Red. So I think it will show up. :)

2) Sure, why not?

3) Maybe a brown-grey? It's not that important honestly.

Wood Elf Rider

Questions:

1) Which bronze colour for the 2 helmets? or a different one for each?

2) Civ colour on the horse's nose or not?

3) would you like the civ colour to be green in the pedia icons?
1) I actually prefer the first one, it's the way I've seen them painted most often. I get what timerover is saying, but Warhammer isn't exactly a world filled with realism anyway. ;)

2) Whatever you like.

3) Yes, please make it green.

Vampires

1) Red or Black for the armour? or one for each type (Lord and Blood Knight)?

2) What were your envisioning for the magical attack of the Lord?
You're doing the Vampires also! :goodjob:

1+2) The mounted Blood Knight should have Red armour, the Vampire Lord would probably be best suited with a Dark Silver and Golden armour.

Amazons

I plan to do to of these: a spearwoman and a swordswoman.

I'm thinking the third in the first row as the spear, and the last in th second row as the sword unless you'd prefer others.

These gals will take a bit longer as i have to fiddle around a bot with the animations due to the different model

I plan to use that green-blue colour as civ colour... any objections?
And Amazons, nice!

Actually the one I need the most is the one in the right buttom corner with the Mesoamerican clubs. They should be called Totem Warrior and be the UU for the Amazon civ, but the two you prefer can definetely be used, so it's all good. :)

BTW Balam-Agab, now that you're taking some of my unit requests, perhaps you could take a quick look at the spoilers in my request thread here and here, just to see if there's anything you like. ;) I just updated the posts.

Top Bottom