Privacy Policy Problem

steveymer

Chieftain
Today, whenever I load the game it prompts me to agree to a privacy policy for 2K online games from 2014. When I click "I agree" it brings up another window asking me to agree to a privacy policy from 2016. When I click "I agree" on that one, nothing happens. There's no way to get that window to disappear (and it covers up the main menu), so I can't play the game. Anyone else have this? Any ideas?

I just got past it by clicking Disagree..I think that the terms are only for online play..

But still should be fixed ASAP

Anyone else experiencing a "My 2K" pop-up blocking your access to the game?

The pop up says I must accept use terms etc etc and when I click I accept I merely get another pop-up with a slightly different date, and which will not dismiss no matter how many times I click the "I Agree to All". There is also a "I Disagree to All" button but I did not want to click on that in case it wants to kill the game. I have a pre-prder copy of the game purchased directly from Steam. I alreayd accepted all these terms back on the 21st when the game unlocked and downloaded.

This just started an hour or so ago.

It might also be some wierd steam client update thing because BTS (which I got through steam) wants me to re-accept the EULA. Accepting the Civ4:BTS eula allowed me to play civ4: BTS.

Civ5 did not make me re-agree to anything in order to play it, but civ6 is locked and unplayable because no amount of clicking the buttons or looking at the new version of the agreement and clicking anything there gets the pop-up to dismiss.

I actually have to ctrl-alt-del and end task in order to escape the condiiton without clicking the I disagree.

Last edited:
I have been playin CIV VI for over 70 hours but today when I opened it up the 2K Games EULA agreement popped up (with a privacy policy of Oct 21, 2016). After I clicked I Agree to All, this window closed and another one popped up with another 2K Games EULA agreement, this time with a privacy policy of Oct 31,2014.
However, this time I can't seem to close such window either by clicking on I Agree to All or I Disagree to all.
Does any of you know a solution to this problem???
PS: Sometimes the privacy policies order changes (I get the 2016 first then the 2014)

Last edited:
I also have the same issue. I can't play the game.

I am having this exact same problem. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated :)

Similar issue here... didn't get the 2016 privacy policy after 'accepting' the 2014 policy, it was stuck on 2014. Not accepting it didn't do anything, the dialog doesn't go away. Viewing the policy, scrolling to the end, clicking OK doesn't help. I verified my local cache, said one file had to be redownloaded... fingers crossed... nope... now it says I have to accept a 2013 policy... I do and then I get the October 31st 2014 policy to accept again... dead end, clicking 'Accept' does nothing.

FYI, Windows 7 64bit OS.

Top Bottom