Probably Improved Gameplay Mod

The game just stops in it's tracks, not CTD. It stalls, my computer freezes, forcing me to reboot the PC.

This sounds more like a hardware problem (bad RAM module or driver problem) than software. I have seen Civ4 CTD and get Python errors, but never a total lockup of my system. If you play BAT, you obviously push your system pretty hard already without breaking it, so that is odd. I would suggest you try a BAT game if you haven't since the latest PIG crash to test your hardware.

Sorry if I have this in the wrong place, but I couldn't readily find the BUG thread, and I'm playing the PIG mod. My question involves getting more detailed info relating to the Scoreboard, and City details screens. I have questions on some of the other options too, but these are the primary two I'm trying to get my mind wrapped around.

I have read through the BUG WIKI, and it helped answer alot of my questions, but I'm still trying to figure out how some of the other screens work or what they are actually showing. Is there a document or possible thread somewhere that gives a detailed breakdown of these screens? Maybe a PDF like the various reference guides? Figured I could sort some of it out myself if the info is already listed somewhere else instead of trying to fire off a bunch of non sensical questions here. Thanks for any info.

You can find links to the BUG forum in my sig. We spent more time building features than documenting them so your best bet is to post in the Questions thread in that forum. I'm happy to answer any you have. You might find some answers by searching the forum, but the forum search tools are quite lacking. Maybe try the Google search box in our forum.

For the scoreboard you can hover over the label or text entry area (forget which) to see a short description of each code you can place into it. Also, put numbers between any two codes to add/remove space (negative number works) between those columns.

You can find links to the BUG forum in my sig. We spent more time building features than documenting them so your best bet is to post in the Questions thread in that forum. I'm happy to answer any you have. You might find some answers by searching the forum, but the forum search tools are quite lacking. Maybe try the Google search box in our forum.

For the scoreboard you can hover over the label or text entry area (forget which) to see a short description of each code you can place into it. Also, put numbers between any two codes to add/remove space (negative number works) between those columns.

Thanks Emperor. You gave me a bit of helpful info there so I will dig in a little tonight when I have time to see if I can answer some of the answers myself, then I'll swing over to the BUG forum with some hopefully comprehensible questions!

I seem to be getting +1 extra :food: when building some farms. Is this expected?

example: a 3 :food: and 1 :commerce: starting square that should get +2 :food: after building a farm, ends up having 6 :food: instead of 5 :food: total.
This is near the beginning of the game with just starting civics.

If anyone feels comfortable making that change themselves, please go ahead and see if it makes GW more likely.

When I made that change I had completed a game up to the future era, and saved the map so I could start it again at that point with new settings.
I started the completed game as a scenario and used the bad health weight of 20 and removed some forests (because it was a terra map and the new world, which I settled, was covered in them because I preserved nearly all forests under my control) and the very next turn GW struck. It didn't happen much after, likely because the map had a lot of water so it was likely hitting those tiles and doing nothing.
So it did strike with a cities built up naturally over the course of the game without inflated values and aside from pruning some forests if was a regular map. U wish I had thought to make the map less forest friendly so my usual tendency to keep nearly all forest and the new world keeping so many intact didn't skew circumstances against GW but that will be something for next time.
The best test would probably be the great plains map since it's mostly land and not a lot of forest, with empires/leaders with a high production flavor.

Hmm, that's weird. Can you upload a savegame or screenshot?

Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

Please see if these two screenshots show the issue, before and after

That looks normal to me- a farm adds +2 food to corn, but fresh water adds +1 to a farm. The tooltip just doesn't explicitly express that second part.

That looks normal to me- a farm adds +2 food to corn, but fresh water adds +1 to a farm. The tooltip just doesn't explicitly express that second part.

I've been meaning to fix this in BULL for a long time but haven't gotten around to it yet.

OK, currently playing PIG on Monarch. This is the level I've played at most between Vanilla and Warlords, and I've just made the switch to BtS with PIG. I'm just wondering if the Monarch Level is still the "balanced" level as it was in the other versions.

I very well could be incorrect, but I was always under the impression that Monarch was the point where parity was best achieved without any great bonuses to the player or the AI. Also curious how the Better AI plays into it?

I'm a very slowwwwww player, only getting in an hour or so every day or so, and I love to micro. My first game in PIG is going very well, I've got a lead, but not by much and the AI seems to be working to not only keep up but find ways to win, a very enjoyable game to say the least. Also have a BAT game going early on with similar results but that is only in the 2000 BC area.

So should I move out of Monarch, or does the Better AI keep it more challenging and I might be better off hanging out there for a couple games? Thanks

Well, I gotta tell ya, BUG has some nice features since this mod was last updated, so unless this mod gets updated sometime I will go back to Better BUG AI.

Top Bottom