Probably Improved Gameplay Mod

Can I ask you which files you've edited/created for the Influence Driven War? I'm building my own mod with just the features I like cus all the stuff I don't use is slowing down my pc so much haha.

The original version only edits:
CvUnit.h
CvUnit.cpp
CvCity.h
CvCity.cpp

end

GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

Do you maybe remember if you kept that the same? Or did you add lines for this compartment in other files yourself as well?

Kind regardsss

You should be able to find all the code for IDW by searching files for that text "IDW", or possibly "Influence Driven War".

That said, I'd be highly surprised if this component of PIG was slowing anything down unless you enable it at the start of the game, in which case you obviously should just disable it. If you're worried about slowdown, it's likely coming from other areas like python-based mod components, or possibly even Better AI. Have you looked at any of the threads on civfanatics about speeding up the game?

Ah found my mistake I didn't copy one of the parts in one of the files correctly! And yeah I know this part doesn't slow down, that's why I wanted it, and I believe it's an excellent addition haha.

I see you're making a HEX mod? Omg that would be amazing. Any way a newbie could be of some help?

Can you read or write in C++, or have a bit of background in algorithms like path-finding ones? HEX Mod is a bit on hold at the moment. I will likely be revisiting it over the next couple of months though.

This mod is amazing. Obviously some of the kudos should go to the other modders that you included in this one, but I feel entirely different about the game playing with this mod. I feel challenged, liked the AI is constantly watching me and looking at ways to beat me just like I am doing to them. I'm playing in a new world type game jam-packed with 6 other civs on one continent and it is intense. In vanilla BTS I feel I'd just be able to tech to Optics and win, but I have to carefully plan out my moves due to a much much better AI.

Anyway, thanks for your work and to all those that have made Civ4 such an awesome game

I'm not seeing the
Events With Images v1.0
mod in my game. Any advice what I can check?

entwood, unfortunately I think I broke something with EWI in the last version. It's one of the things I will fix in the next update. I'm not sure yet what's causing it, but it could be in the dll.

@Nez,
Thanks for the comments. Sounds like you're particularly impressed by the better AI mod. :)

Can you read or write in C++, or have a bit of background in algorithms like path-finding ones? HEX Mod is a bit on hold at the moment. I will likely be revisiting it over the next couple of months though.

Just started learning C++ a bit, but writing my own scripts entirely nope :/ I meant mostly photoshop because I'm pretty good with that. I was thinking about the concept, I don't know how possible this is but if you'd like disable 2 diagonal moves (for example: south-west and north-east) you pretty much have a hex engine already

1,1 | 2,1 | 3,1 | 4,1
1,2 | 2,2 | 3,2 | 4,2
1,3 | 2,4 | 3,3 | 4,3
1,4 | 2,3 | 3,4 | 4,4

a normal 4*4 grid would (in the system, not graphically) become like:

------1,1 | 2,1 | 3,1 | 4,1
----1,2 | 2,2 | 3,2 | 4,2
--1,3 | 2,4 | 3,3 | 4,3
1,4 | 2,3 | 3,4 | 4,4

Where the distance's from 1,4 would be:

-------3 | 4 | 5 | 6
-----2 | 3 | 4 | 5
---1 | 2 | 3 | 4
-0 | 1 | 2 | 3

Then the second step would be to graphically adjust this, here I got no clue what the programming possibilities are but here's some suggestions perhaps:

-Move the graphics from every line up 0,5 sqm to the east [would be best if that was possible]
-By alternating the disabled sqms between south-west & north-east with south-east and north-west you could play a map that doesn't require every line to be different, only half of them. Then it might be possible through a mod to place the graphics a lil to the right or left of where the unit is in the system. [This way maps will look more normal, but I could imagine this to be more work]

After this you would have a playable hex field and you'd only need to fix the seperate parts of which I'm sure the community wouldn't mind helping (city screen, bombard range, city bombarding, adjusting the AI tactics with the forbidden steps)

After this people like me could help creating new graphics for the new sqms

Ah well maybe you knew all this already (or im just wrong), I'm pretty sure I'm like a few year away of being good enough to even think about how to write something like this myself ;)

Alright, I have seen this mentioned but don't know the first thing about it and it has come up in my most recent game of PIG. Playing as Roosevelt and so far have met Gilg and Shaka, just a pair of brief hello's exchanged at this point as it's really early. Now when I pull up anything on the foreign advisor I have green text that declares I am preparing a War Plan against Shaka? No idea how that happened, or where I would even find out where the War Plan is at so I can switch it off, or just even see what it looks like. Can anybody tell me where to find the info for War Plans and how to access it? Thanks

Alright, I have seen this mentioned but don't know the first thing about it and it has come up in my most recent game of PIG. Playing as Roosevelt and so far have met Gilg and Shaka, just a pair of brief hello's exchanged at this point as it's really early. Now when I pull up anything on the foreign advisor I have green text that declares I am preparing a War Plan against Shaka? No idea how that happened, or where I would even find out where the War Plan is at so I can switch it off, or just even see what it looks like. Can anybody tell me where to find the info for War Plans and how to access it? Thanks

What your warplan is only affects what your vassal states do. The AI can make there vassals build up for a war they have comming but until now you couldn't communicate that... Although I don't recall how it gets turned on or off, without a vassal it does nothing.

Hmm, seems like a bug in Better AI that a) turns it on by default (?) and b) shows you your war plan for players you haven't met yet.

Edit: Nevermind. I read someone other than Shaka at first, so I thought it was an unmet leader. Yes, I believe SHIFT + Click toggles it because ALT is for war and CTRL is for trade.

IIRC you enable a warplan by shift+clicking a leader's name (or some similar combination - just don't try alt+clicking because it declares war!). Possibly you accidentally did this?

Do you have some autosaves or normal saves from before you noticed it or before you met the civs?

IIRC you enable a warplan by shift+clicking a leader's name (or some similar combination - just don't try alt+clicking because it declares war!). Possibly you accidentally did this?

Do you have some autosaves or normal saves from before you noticed it or before you met the civs?

Thanks PoM. I went back to an old save and it wasn't there so I had to have hit it on accident at some point. The combo is Shift+Alt+Click Not sure how I did that by accident but hey stranger things have happened.

Just so I understand, is there an actual plan screen you are looking at, or is this just a matter of communicating to your Vasal's your intentions and to start preparing? Just making sure. Thanks

Hey I got a quick question. I'm trying to copy a very specific thing that you have working in the PIG mod. The PromotionPrereqOr3 function. I've got everything from CvInfos.cpp and CvInfos.h that seems to be appropriate and I've added the new tag to the xml schema and to a promotion in the file (the march one that adds drill3 as a prereq) but the 3rd prereq isn't working in game. Do you have an idea what I'm still missing to get it to work? I know this is kinda from FFH as well.

EDIT:

Nevermind I got it working now heh

I'm getting intermittent crashes with PIG, can't put my finger on it. It doesn't happen near the beginning of the game in any case. Can't say I 'blame' PIG but if you do get a new version out sometime soon, maybe it will be good.

Just gonna quote this here so I remember it for the next update:

A very minor change that should be a significant difference. I originally changed the weight of bad health from 20 to 10 to reduce the occurrence of GW but when combined with other changes the change of it happening went way down to the point where it would look like it was just turned off. Now it's back where it originally was, which with the added power and bonus unhealth added to GW calculations would mean it has a higher chance than unmodded, but with other balancing factors it should end up being less overall, but not non-existent.

So the change is:
- Weight of bad building health in global warming calculation increased from 10 back to 20. In GlobalDefinesAlt.xml as GLOBAL_WARMING_UNHEALTH_WEIGHT

If anyone feels comfortable making that change themselves, please go ahead and see if it makes GW more likely.

I'm getting intermittent crashes with PIG, can't put my finger on it. It doesn't happen near the beginning of the game in any case. Can't say I 'blame' PIG but if you do get a new version out sometime soon, maybe it will be good.

By intermittent do you mean not reproducible? What sort of game situation/settings is it when it crashes?

By intermittent do you mean not reproducible? What sort of game situation/settings is it when it crashes?

As best I can tell it is just when scrolling around the map trying to move units and give orders and maybe my system gets overwhelmed due to a performance issue, memory leak type problem, but I have a fairly robust rig and good graphics cards. The game just stops in it's tracks, not CTD. It stalls, my computer freezes, forcing me to reboot the PC.

What hurts is I have lost a few games where doing well and I have my auto-save to only save at each 25 turn interval because I didn't have this problem when playing BAT, my other mod of choice. I am changing my auto-save down to 1 even though this will slow things down and is a nuisance. The crashes are to random and unpredictable to say much more at the moment but after 3 or 4 times I will be on-guard for it.

As PIG is a little behind on some components I thought maybe it could be updated to the latest components as perhaps some component issues have been resolved since your last update.

Also, I had SyncInput = 1 in my INI, so now I changed this back to 0.
; Sync input to smooth interface (may run slower)
SyncInput = 0

Top Bottom