[C3C] problem with units_32.pcx customizing

french_guy

Chieftain
Hello,
I have C3C and I have downloaded some Unit Graphics from this website.
Thanks to the multiple tutorials found, it works all well except for the icons of the new unit, when I want to build it or when I stock it into a city. The icon just doesn't appear.
I found out that the problem came from the the "units_32.pcx" file, which I did not edit.

I tried to edit it with Paint, then, and I put the "Units_32.pcx" file provided with the downloaded unit into the original "units_32.pcx" file.

So far so well, it worked in the map editor, I was able to see the icon of my new unit, but once the game set, as soon as the icon had to be displayed, it crashed, that is to say only if I stock the unit in the city and double-click on it for example.

Can someone tell me how to deal with that file? It is the only step missing in my scenario editing (everything else is working quite well).
Thank you very much.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I don't think that there is any problem with any of the .pcx files : the one I have is from the C3C installation ! And the other is from this website.

My question would rather be : how do you mix these two file properly ? that is to say, inject the downloaded file in the original units_32.pcx ? because I think this is what I have done wrong.

Thank you very much !

french_guy... Are you sure the problem is the units_32.pcx file?
If you have added the units correctly in all text files and the biq, the units should show unless you have a palette problem.
The units_32.pcx Palette should be the same as the Original when you add other units to it.
When adding a new unit to the units_32.pcx file, start by checking each image you are adding to see if the Civ specific colors are correct and as well as the other Non Civ Specific colors.
See Post#20, 21 and 22 on pages 1 and 2 Here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tutorial-making-a-units_32-pic.75413/

Hello again, Vuldacon.

I followed the instructions in the link you quoted, and everything is working well, now. It is well explained, and my mistake was to use a random software.
It is said in the explanation to use paint shop pro 7, and it works very well.

Thank you very much, now I can finish my scenario !!

Question for housekeeping: should I move this somewhere into the Creation & Customization forum? I`m not sure, but it doesn`t seem to be bug in Civilization itself?!

Top Bottom