1. Civ6 is coming out this Friday! Pre-order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems getting textures to work.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by God 2.0, Apr 12, 2012.

1. God 2.0

God 2.0 New Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Hello there!

I realize I'm approaching the level of spam by posting 3 new threads so soon after joining, but I am a bit puzzled to why my textures won't work.

I've made a new archer, called composite archer, and a corresponding unit class. Now, the unit works fine, but somehow it reverts to some default archer texture even though I've included an updated version of the "archer.fxsxml" file.

My texture file is just the basic archer 3 texture file, where I've borrowed armor textures from the spearman and added metal pieces to the bow part. I've saved the file as dds, including mipmaps.

As for the code, here are some snippets from the art defines:

And here are the texture fields from the fxsxml:

<Texture file="Composite_Archer_SREF.dds"/>
    	<Texture file="Composite_Archer_DIFF.dds"/>
    I've imported all files except my units and unitclass tables as VFS, and I have ticked the box that says reload unit system.

I'd appreciate any assistance.

EDIT: Forgot to say. The fxsxml is a copy of the archer.fxsxml which I've renamed to Composite_archer.fxsxml. It is not intended to overwrite the old archer.
  2. Nutty

Nutty Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Orange County, California, U.S.A.
  3. God 2.0

God 2.0 New Member

Apr 10, 2012
    That worked perfectly! Thanks a bunch! :)