program runs slower after...?

coreybowman

Warlord
im running civ 4 bts on a new hp pavilion dv9700. after about an hour or two of play (in regular game) when another civ contacts me the game frame rate drops to what seems like single digits. i have the boxed version gold edition with a downloaded bts. i was wondering if anyone else is running into the same problems. to fix it i need to restart the computor to fix the problem. just restarting the game doesnt fix the problem. i was also wondering if anyone has seen the game run slower after you reload a saved game. im not sure if it is the game or windows vista. as far as i can tell i have all the latest patches installed with the game. any ideas or suggestion s would be greatly appreciated.

click start
click search
type dxdiag
hit enter
start the program it finds if it does not do so automatically
click on save results
come back here
below the reply box
click on go advanced
click on manage attachments
attach that results file
post a reply :)

I think I have the same problem, it takes like 20 secs till the contact screen pops up and then everything is back to smoothness. My laptop should easily be able to handle civ, and it does, but this is its only weakness.

thanks a million. ill try that later and let u know the results. i feel like i should be expecting a bill from u in the mail. u have been very helpful, again thank you.

Top Bottom