Ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PlayStation 2 (abbreviated "PS2") is a sixth-generation video game console manufactured by Sony. The successor to the PlayStation,

It means they are probably a bot responding to keywords

Yes, and something the Moderators should be better and quicker in deleting at this forum. Same goes for all these nonsense posters with links to all different market or gaming sites. It is actually getting a bit annoying with all the bot-posts in this forum.

Perhaps time for a spam-stopper when posting?

PS. Sorry for off-topic post.

What is a bot post? I never herd of this. Is this why some web sites now make you enter the warped letters and numbers now?

It means they are probably a bot responding to keywords

Yes, and something the Moderators should be better and quicker in deleting at this forum. Same goes for all these nonsense posters with links to all different market or gaming sites. It is actually getting a bit annoying with all the bot-posts in this forum.

Perhaps time for a spam-stopper when posting?

PS. Sorry for off-topic post.

Yes, it could be a bot post. But most bots advertise something. That one doesn't. :dunno:

As for being "better" and "quicker" at deleting bot posts, we generally do a pretty good job, if I say so myself. Usually a matter of minutes. However, it helps if regular posters would click the "Report Thread" button (the little triangle with the exclamation mark in it) on them, and notify us when they come up, instead of posting about them in the thread. We can't be everywhere, all the time. ;)

And it is possible to completely stop bots from posting. Of course, it stops regular posters, as well. We try to strike a reasonable balance: stopping most bots, but letting regular people post easily.

Oh, and since this thread has gone completely off-topic:
Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom