Puppet city not producing anything

This has happened to me too often.

Same thing happening in my game. 2nd city I puppeted is not producing anything. Someone else said second city so I don't know if that is a pattern. I puppeted it early, not sure if I could build any another buildings then what it built when it stopped. Playing a marathon game which I usually don't play, I've haven't seen it on a standard game pace game before.

---

Loaded a saved game and next turned my way to when the last building finished, a shrine, and it started work on a granary. Doesn't appear to be a pre-set event. To bad it's a marathon game and I would be going back around 50 turns to replay and have to take 2 cities to be where I am at.

---

City started producing a Colosseum when my happiness dipped to -1 now.

I registered just to put this out there: Could it be related to the "more than 99 turns" a city says if its production is over 100 turns? Could it be that if X takes 99+ turns, it somehow won't produce if it's a puppet? Could it be related to the limit there, the auto-choose, and the que-up, all combined?

Could it be that when it "fixes" itself, it just grew and added enough production so that X will now be under 100 turns?

I can definitely say that in my current game, the city that was building nothing could have built something when I took it over: Amsterdam has zero buildings...and it's grown from size 2 to size 4 since I took it over. Not even a monument, which must have been available to build when the city was captured.

So it doesn't (only) occur when there's nothing available to build.

This entire time, it's had exactly one hammer, and used it for nothing. I'm playing on Marathon speed, so one hammer is not enough to build a monument in less than 99 turns (it costs 120 hammers), so I think Alia is on to something.

Because, suddenly, it's changed: now Amsterdam is building a monument. What caused the change? Well, firstly, the population has now grown to five. Secondly, the city has been surrounded by Aztec warriors, forcing a citizen into unemployement, and forcing the city to use a previously unused plains farm, it now has 3 production, a monument can finish in 39 turns, and now a monument is being built.

Attached: (note...these are Mac save files, in case that matters)

AmsterdamBroken: in this save, Amsterdam is broken, producing nothing, and has been producing nothing since it was size two...but this is about to change, as the city will grow to size five and be surrounded by Aztecs in just one turn, taking it to two hammers and starting production of a monument.

AmsterdamProducing: in this save, Amsterdam is already surrounded by Aztec units, has more than one hammer, and is now producing a monument.

Attachments

• Attila_0231 AmsterdamBroken.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 190
  • Attila_0233 AmsterdamProducing.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 193
I upgraded to brave new world yesterday. In my first game. Early on Morocco proposed giving me a city for peace and I accepted. It put it as puppet. It has no buildings whatsoever and is not producing. From the city screen it is set on gold focus. The only time it did something was when it was under threat. It started producing a monument. After 2 turns it was still showing the picture but the no. of turns bar was blank.

Has this ever been properly identified? It still happens to me. I have a save with the problem isolated - a turn right before my Venice puppet stops producing anything, when I know it could be working on a University - but I can't attach it because it somehow exceeds the file limit. It's 2.05MB while the limit is 2.00MB :lol:

I am now playing a very long and painful game on "deity". It's is even more painful since my puppet cities are not producing wealth after finishing every possible building. I have a huge problem maintaing my small army, while the AI spams me with loads of units every turn. If I raze any city the AI is building a new one there at once and I cannot afford to have like 20 non-productive puppet cities in the late game. This situation occured a couple of days ago and I am playing this map for about 2 weeks now, 2-3 hours every day. I feel like I have already lost this game and wasted my time. The AI has like -7000 GPT, which means nothing to him, but I need the money for guided missles and for the fast upgrade of the new cities. I must say there is nothing more annoying than otherwise great game destroyed by overpowered AI aided with bugs, playing against the rules of economy, which I believe are essential in every war...

I have Civ5 on Steam. Does it still support new patches for the game? Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

I'm playing a game on marathon speed. (never done that before) Germany on a Mesopotamia map, so tons of barb camps. My entire economy is based on clearing camps. Anyway, I have 3 puppet cities and none of them have built a single thing. I think they are providing me a little gold, and I am getting faith from Paris (Stonehenge.) Palenque has been out of resistance for about 100 turns and hasn't built anything yet, and there are things it could be building (like a library, granary, or walls)

It's not really game-breaking but Palenque could have finished a couple of things by now even with my production penalty from too many units. Maybe they are just waiting for me to research Commerce so they can build markets.

I registered just to put this out there: Could it be related to the "more than 99 turns" a city says if its production is over 100 turns? Could it be that if X takes 99+ turns, it somehow won't produce if it's a puppet? Could it be related to the limit there, the auto-choose, and the que-up, all combined?

Could it be that when it "fixes" itself, it just grew and added enough production so that X will now be under 100 turns?
I like the hypothesis that it relates to the number of turns taken to produce a building. It would explain why a few of us commenting here are experiencing this on Marathon speed, and it could explain why a puppet of mine (producing one Production per turn) had no trouble producing a Monument (already having a Shrine, each costing 120 Production) , but isn't producing anything more expensive.

Not sure if these reports are still investigated & patched but I've run into this issue in what is otherwise a banger of a game.

Marathon. Huge map. Captured city Attilla's Court T87. Resistance has ended but still no production by T90. No buildings survived capture, so a monument should be under construction.

I'm enamored with this map and start. I've restarted from the initial autosave multiple times. This bug occurred on my previous attempt as well. Both times the Huns had built a settler which was then repeatedly frustrated in its attempts to reach a city location. Perhaps that has something to do with it? Perhaps it's the earliness of the capture and the lack of buildings available to build? Perhaps it's just the unimpressive laptop I'm playing on...

Game version 1.0.3.279. Purchased & installed with all DLC through Steam. I have a mod, Ingame Editor, but I was not using it. I hadn't downloaded it at all when I ran into the same bug during my previous game.

I've got every turn autosaved, including my previous games using this start. If a dev reads this and cares I'd be happy to help with whatever.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0086 BC-2710.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • AutoSave_0089 BC-2665.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom